It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapons Of Mass Stupidity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I found this article on WRH.com and I thought it made a couple of good points. What do you guys think? Agree? Dont agree?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fox News Hits New Lowest Common Demoninator
By Hal Crowther
Creative Loafing.com
7-25-3

It's the inviolable first rule of democracy that all politicians will praise the wisdom of the people -- an effusive flattery that intensifies when they ask "the people" to swallow something exceptionally inedible. What the people never hear from anyone, or from anyone with further ambitions, is the truth. If a public figure wishes to leave the stage forever, a sound strategy is to offer his fellow citizens a candid and disparaging assessment of their intelligence.In the aftermath of the conquest of Iraq, as we awake to the bewildering possibility of a United States of Asia, the patriotic pageantry and premature gloating call to mind an obsession that once gripped the great French novelist Gustave Flaubert. (In my recklessness I ignore the halfwit embargo on all things French.) Flaubert, according to W.G. Sebald, became convinced that his own work and his own brain had been infected by a national epidemic of stupidity, a relentless tide of gullibility and muddled thinking which made him feel, he said, as if he were sinking into sand.

Here is the rest of the article:
www.rense.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well, its comforting to know who swallowed the theasaurus.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
along those lines, and courtesy of Something Awful, I present failed weapons of mass destruction!
www.somethingawful.com...

join