It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Display Of The Hussein Brothers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I, for one believe the United States was right to display the bullet-ridden bodies of Uday & Qusay Hussein, the subject and the associated footage, along with some prints have become highly controversial in the arab world, many believe that it was not justifiable to show the blood soaked dead bodies on television at an inappropriate time, however the United States argues that the iraqi people need closure, and if this comes in the form of footage and prints of a gruesome nature then so be it.

Thoughts and views?

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I for one thought it was totally inappropiate to publially display their dead bodies like that to the world, however i beleive that it was perfectly justifiable to take the pictures, however i would of only shown the iraqi public and not the world media.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The western media would have inevitably found footage of the bodies, news channels such as CNN would never let themselves be outdone by Al-jazeera or Al-Arabiyah and would have fought valiantly for the rights of these pictures. Failure to gain access to these pictures would be an enormous embarassment to media groups all across the west.

The days of broadcasting select information to a nation or group of people are long gone with the advent of 24/7 on the second news channels. Information is not yet free, however it does have a pair of wheels

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
i do see your point of view in that case.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I for one, would have hung them on a fence in Downtown Bagdad, with a note, "These are yours" on them and let the Bagdadi's do what they wanted with the bodies

Similar to what happened to Cau? in Romania...

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm okay with it.

This was a catch-22. If they hadn't, and had tried to rely on statements like "the DNA matched" or such, they would been called liars. Instead, because they practiced full-disclosure, they're being being called insensitive.

Insensitive is okay with me...really, it is.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by David
Information is not yet free, however it does have a pair of wheels

I love it! I think that's about the long and short of it. it would have gotten out regardless, and I'm assuming the US government would rather control access to the bodies themselves than let unauthorized photos float around the internet and the edges of broadcast television.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
David

I thought you had posted about a forthcoming world showcase tour, "The Display Of The Hussein Brothers".

I said somewhere else I have no problem with what has been shown, ie the bodies, provided it is actually the Hussein brothers. Interestingly, the 'exhaustive evidence' tests and disinformation continue as I write this post.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I still believe the bodies are doubles.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This disgusting footage proves nothing, as the faces have been remodelled .. it could be just anyone. Perhaps it's the Husseins, perhaps not. These pictures only prove the US is being run by animals. They were obviously shown (in line with the "bring em on" logic) to taunt the iraqi resistance. What they effectively achieved is to bolden the iraqi resistance movement, pissing off the iraqis and any people that still have a sense of shame.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well, given how many kids must have seen them by now, I disagree with simply allowing the media to flaunt them with no control over who is viewing the material. Also, a small group of people who have chronic mental illness can be deeply upset if they happen to see something so traumatizing.

Also, putting pictures of bloody corpses on the news is sending a stern message to the "enemies of the coalition". I'm sure our enemies are tuning in, regardless of the government's lies about them living in caves! My concern is that it will provoke another domestic terrorist attack. I think the Bush regime still has to produce evidence that Iraq had WMD. So, I'm sure that the "hidden terrorist cells" are concocting something hideous to counter as revenge.

I think it also says something about our society, we really have been getting our Five Minutes Hate!

But then again, it might all be lies, who knows...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Pity that they're not Hussiens sons...

And I wonder why it is that 200 members of the 101st Airborne Division involved in a shoot out with FOUR MEN (well, THREE men AND A CHILD!) holed up in a small Mosul hut, had to resort to helicopter gunships and hellfire missiles to take them out.

Why did the commander of the operation go on record as saying "that all bodies in there are BATTERED beyond recognition"?

And wouldn't a bullet riddled body, actually have to have been shot - with bullets - during life.

And since when did HELLFIRE missiles leave such intact corpses?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a rock and a hard place.

if they didnt show the photos everyone here on this board and around the world would be crying foul, 'They made it up were is the proof'. they show the photos and everyone is up in arms about them showing dead bodies, jesus people need to grow the hell up, you cant have it both ways, you eather want to see the proof or you start taking the goverment by its word 'yeah right and im a greek adonis'. Unless of course if anyone else has any ideas on how the US would prove they were 'the bush twins with beards' then i would like to hear it

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
so if its ok to display the hussein brother then its ok to show dead american and brit marines?on tv as ive already asked this and got so stupid replys like dont he look like freddy mercury

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i thought it was also right to show the pics....they are animals a need to be treated as such....they lost all there rights to privacy .....death was to good for them.......
wolfchild

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I haven't seen them yet????

Take it there pretty minging????

Either way.....how do u feel about the daughters who had too see the bodies on news?????

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'd go with hanging the bodies on a fence in Bagdad.
(after showing the pictures to the entire world of course)

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
so if its ok to display the hussein brother then its ok to show dead american and brit marines?on tv as ive already asked this and got so stupid replys like dont he look like freddy mercury

I read somewhere that showing dead bodies of war combatants is a violation of the Geneva Convention. I could be wrong on this, and I'm not sure how showing the Husseins bodies is okay if is true that it's outlawed.
and he does look like Freddy Mercury! I have a picture of Uday's body that somebody photoshopped onto a picture of Freddy Mercury. looks just like 'im. the wonders of the internet

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I guess it would be better had America dragged the corpses behind an Humvee in Baghdad. At least America showed some respect.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Geneva convention only covers POWs not dead bodies. There are no current Intl. laws about televising dead bodies that I know of. Mostly it's just a moral thing.
The majority of US media does not want to show gruesome images because of the backlash potential. At the same time they need to compete with the less ethical media groups for ratings. It's a tough line to draw for any General manager but the fact of the matter is the bottom line. America IS a capitalist society and to survive you need to compete. Case closed.

P.S. I, personally, think it was right to release the pictures. I think the world needed to see them and if you want to blame anyone for "horrifying your child" or whatever, blame the media you let your child watch.

[Edited on 27-7-2003 by Fry2]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join