It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about cadavors donated to scientific research

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
You should also note that not just anyone can donate their bodies. Medical schools will not accept a body that has been destroyed by cancer. A thouroghly deseased body isn't going to do allot of good when it comes to studying the human anatomy. The body needs to be in atleast somewhat of a decent shape.

A family member of mine was ravaged by cancer and wanted to donate their body. We learned that no one would accept it. We didn't tell her that, but it was an eye opener for the rest of us.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
While I was doing undergraduate training, there were countless cancer-ridden cadavers all around. The one that was most gross was the lung cancer caused by smoking, and then the cancer spread to other areas like the liver, etc. It was gross.

But nonetheless, at least at the university I visited, they accepted such bodies.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
For what it's worth, as a radio technician, I had to go through a class on Radio Frequency Effects. Everyone was amazed when Motorola admitted it used real cadavers to study the effects of Radio Frequency and heating of various body organs and tissue.

I still wonder how Motorola gets cadavers and who else may get them.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I would bet that Motorola pays a medical school to do the study, and then uses the findings in their research. It's probably not Motorola actually doing the research first hand, but pays someone else to do it while they get rights to the research.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by concept
I would bet that Motorola pays a medical school to do the study, and then uses the findings in their research. It's probably not Motorola actually doing the research first hand, but pays someone else to do it while they get rights to the research.

You could be correct. I recall them mentioning something about Miami for these tests. Maybe that is where the medical school was. Motorola headquarters are in Illinois.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join