It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged UFO photographed on mars by NASA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
these photos i found at this site are of someone who found a picture of a NASA photo of one of the mars Mars Exploration Rover Spirit Navigation Camera, Could this be a UFO or simply dust/dirt or something on the lense...let not forget that the surface of Our moon was not a dirt as thought but a sharp glass dust that got into everything, even the lenses and the visors of the astronauts. Can anyone make sence of these?

[edit on 26-4-2005 by 2012timofy]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Well it could be something, more likely its nothing. Oh and just F.Y.I. there have never been any astronauts on Mars.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
yes my bad i meant to say the surface of our moon...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
OMG i new there was a ufo underground base on the moon

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Thats pretty cool....I always thought they were watching us from the moon

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Looks like Mr. Hanky doing a Martian fly-by.

You gotta ask yourself, why would 'aliens' choose such an impractical Buck Rogers Rocket shape thing to fly around in? Ok, maybe it would make sense for a cargo or mining vehicle but not much else.

I think it's just a meteor, Mars gets pounded by them with so little atmosphere to burn them up.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If thats really an UFO we cant follow human taste of design. Maybe such design is even needed for propulsion issues or other exotic technology.

Interesting photos!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Design is more about practicality than taste and if there are 'aliens' out there we still share the same universe, so we'd have a lot in common I think. Cigar shaped UFO's used to be reported a lot, but that was when we only had rockets ourselves and that probably influenced people's perception. A narrow tube hundreds of feet long is going to be a bitch to park..

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panzer23
Well it could be something, more likely its nothing. Oh and just F.Y.I. there have never been any astronauts on Mars.

Call me ill if you want, but I personally suspect that man has been there. I could be wrong, but I think we have.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ever see the supposed video of the Mars landing?...it's interesting, but a video expert would need to look at it to even start discussing it... I'll see if I can't dig it up if nobody else does....

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Is this what you're talking about? Scroll down to last video

www.crowdedskies.com...

[edit on 4/26/05 by SupaFly]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Don't bother finding a video expert, they're supposed to be having a conversation with "Houston" and you can't do that with a time delay of up to 21 minutes...

Nasa was only founded in 1958, I'm not even sure they had a control center in Houston in 1962.

edit/ oh, just found this also: "Kieffer, H.H, & B.M. Jakosky. Mars. Tucson, Arizona: University of Arizona Press, 1992. as cited in Basic Mars Facts. NASA. "The average air pressure at the surface of Mars is 6 millibars (compared to 1013 millibars on Earth)."

In the video they're reporting the barometric pressure as 707 point something...

[edit on 4/26/2005 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Exactly right about the time delay. Also look at the sky in the video it's blue. All the pictures i have seen of mars the sky is reddish brown.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Here's the thread I did on it a while back...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't bother finding a video expert

Yep, I remember this one now...

It is a hoax of course, though I wasn't familiar with it at the time. Was on British tv...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What is the light on the horizon?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
Exactly right about the time delay. Also look at the sky in the video it's blue. All the pictures i have seen of mars the sky is reddish brown.

actually, i THINK that the sky is blue on mars at certain times or positions....i'll look for reputable links.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You're correct. There was a big stink about this back with one of the recent landers, etc. that showed a blue sky...

new topics

top topics

join