It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has America lost her way?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
In the contest of winning hearts and minds of the people of the third world countries, have we become so helpless that we are losing that contest to a bunch of rag tag shoeless terrorists? Where is the spirit of America who demanded the "Unconditional Surrender" from the Third Reich in the height of their might? Our intelligence could penetrate and decipher the Top Secret Germans and Japanese communication codes, and foiled their war efforts. During the Cold War our intelligence devised many techniques that could monitor all suspicious movements and the espionage activities of the vast and secretive Soviet Union. Our agents had penetrated into KGB and Soviet Arm forces.

What is wrong America? Have we lost our ways;
that we can not PENETRATE into these rag tag terrorist groups and stop their evil plans?
This does not make any sense.
In lala land you would experience the things that they defy any logic; like four passenger planes flew out of their routs and none of our air defenses interfered with their evil missions, as if our air defenses were totally baffled, helpless, not to know what to do, and fallen asleep.

May God bless us all,
Unes

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
A rfew years late in this post, aren't you?

Any new news to this? The conspiracy angle; a fresh angle, if it isn't too much to ask.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
In WWII US citizens were given alot more power. Technology was just evolving. If you had an idea, you were facilitated to develop your idea. Look at the race to build the atomic weapons, long range bombers and missile technology.

Now we are laid back in our attitude about what areas need to be worked on. Thats the impression I get. I dont even KNOW what areas we hold weaknesses in versus other countries.

It would not be easy for alot of people to try working on a super safe non radioactive ultra source of energy that emits a shield to protect Earth from collision with the moon and flying space rocks.

Just to learn how to make a computer you have to goto college. Government funding is not that available from what I can see, It is all private funding until you actually develop a product for the government to buy.

So I think America's will is more on earning the dollar then pioneering technology like their lives depend on it and agresively pursuing evil empires.

Russia is Nuclear. China is Nuclear. These weapons have existed for not that long.

It is probably not in our best interest to start picking fights against Communism. Im not too too sure if we can stop Nuclear war. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unes
In the contest of winning hearts and minds of the people of the third world countries, have we become so helpless that we are losing that contest to a bunch of rag tag shoeless terrorists? Where is the spirit of America who demanded the "Unconditional Surrender" from the Third Reich in the height of their might? Our intelligence could penetrate and decipher the Top Secret Germans and Japanese communication codes, and foiled their war efforts. During the Cold War our intelligence devised many techniques that could monitor all suspicious movements and the espionage activities of the vast and secretive Soviet Union. Our agents had penetrated into KGB and Soviet Arm forces.

Ghee, all on your own? Perhaps this is why you are 'losing your way' you forgot about all of the others like the British, Australian's, Canadian's and many smaller countries like Singapore etc who also played a major role. Perhaps everyone just got fed up with being told what to do and not being given any credit for their efforts.

Time for a rethink. Perhaps the rest of the world - just woke up....

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Uh, Lady, I have to cross swords with you in regard to your assumption that we do not remember, nor do we give credit to our allies.

Folks like the Brits and the Aussies hold a special place in our collective hearts. We remember their fierceness and bravery in battle and we have always been proud to think of ourselves as cousins to you. Sure, cousins squabble and fuss from time to time, but that doesn't change facts.

I don't know where you are getting your info, doll, but I assure you, This is the way it is.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I know that you probably DON't think like that but this is how much of the world sees America. Remember also I was responding to the initial question.

I am fortunate that I get to travel a lot; mostly to Asian countries (yes Muslim countries) they see America as an oppressor. This is why they turn to elsewhere. I don’t agree with it, but facts are facts.

Have you read the book Why Everyone Hates America...interesting read. Like all things one must keep an open mind but there is a lot of truth in the book.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
apparently lady of the lake was talking about the US only

Yes I do think america is losing her grace. The pressure she's been put on is a bit overwhelming. Terrorism, Iraq, afghanistan, iran, syria and the growing number of anti-americanism.
Many citizens have lost their rights simply because the population is just getting way to big 300 million.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's sad but I believe America has lost it's way. It's filled with more crime than any other country,...an ever growing deficit,.... the american dream of owning a home is unreachable for most americans. Downsizing businesses, corporations leaving the country to set up in a foreign country equals unemployed workers. Almost everything we buy is imported and of poor quality. And many of those who do work have to work two jobs to pay the bills...this in turn hurts the children.....who is raising them.?

I hear the economy is doing great...but then hear reports of layoffs? One report: most americans don't even have a savings,.... in this case that would mean they would be 1-3 paychecks away from being either homeless or bankrupt.... or both.

No....It's not the same america it used to be.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unes

What is wrong America? Have we lost our ways;

May God bless us all,
Unes

it answer your broader question...you might click this source
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

->each article is ~50,000 bytes,
i kinda think this overview of national character addresses
the whys & wherefores of how-why our politicos address the
war on terror, human rights, hybrid(1984ish)Democracy, et al

there is this notice:

copyright (C) Information Clearing House.
All rights reserved. You may republish under the following conditions. An active link to the original publication must be provided.
You must not alter, edit or remove any text within the article,
including this copyright notice.

Ibelieve this means neither I or anyone else can excerpt sentences or paragraphs, just to give you a glimpse of what this 2 part (12 pages)&(14 pages) article addresses...
the author Manuel Valenzuela uses 'Land of Murka' as meaning America/USA and its neo-con, corporate, capatalistic, pop-culture, empire seeking, fundamentalist...etc etc etc

i think this artice, sometimes over-the-top, is the best description of what i consider the mindset and networking makeup and rationalizing for the thing
we call the NewWorldOrder...which has hijacked the American scheme & dream.

part 2: ...in general -> the fundamentalists: www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Dear all,

I think that is important that when looking at this question that we look to history for some precedence.

Superpowers come and go. Each one rises differently from the last and declines in a unique way.

Now we maybe in a final decline of the US as a superpower or we may not. The time frame to examine is just too short. One cannot accurately assess a superpower till after it is gone, not simply a mere 60 years into its life.

In answering the question posed, America is changing. To some this may seem as losing its way and that is because what they admired about it has gone. I find myself in this camp. The USA is still undoubtedly a powerful nation economically and militarily but in my opinion what was its overriding strength was the ideals on which it was based.

These ideals have been and are continuing to be perverted and corrupted by those who seek power for powers sake.

Cheers

BHR

new topics

top topics

join