It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khmers claim that Gaint build Angkor wat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Again fellas......might want to hit the "giant" thread....I posted a picture of a femure found and the size individual that that femure would be likely be.

Yes, I've seen that thread, and drop by from time to time. Impressive femur to say the least... Have they DNA tested it to see if it is indeed a human giant and not just a femur from some other species? Like a giant gorilla for instance? Or even a dino?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm not sure Micro......
But let me bestow some words of wisdom I once heard...
Ancient legends and myths, often times, are factual based.

The Smithsonian Institute must think there is something to alot of these giant bones being found in various regions around the world and more so in the US. So much so, that they dug a hole and covered everyone of them up and have done this various times...I posted a report on this somewhere but I can dredge it up again if I have to. The point I'm eluding to is that someone or some group wants a portion of our ancient history to remain "unknown."
There are times when one must add up things to arrive at an answer and one simply can't ignore the evidences concerning "giants." They are in ancient historical writings; they are in holy texts; they are continually being discovered, etc.
The evidence is quite overwhelming.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 29-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven
Quote:
"Yes, if you look at it, X-files is almost a rewrite of the Nephilim story. Wher the watchers have been replaced with aliens, and Scully and those other women in the series are impregnated etc. "

NO NO NO... there is an EPISODE specifically ABOUT the Nephilim. Though I suppose you could say the whole main plot of the series is kinda' similar.

Hehe. I understood that, and I should have made myself abit clearer on that, my fault
What I wanted to point out is that maybe the whole Nephilim story of the Bible was the very inspiration for the whole series: The Nephilim story set in the 21. century: What would it be like? The scriptwriters' answer: The X-files. All the bad guys with strange abilities are modern day Nephilim so to speek, half alien, half human. Man faints beside them. And now Scully's even got one.... See?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I'm not sure Micro......
But let me bestow some words of wisdom I once heard...
Ancient legends and myths, often times, are factual based.

Agree. Like the myth of the great city of Angkor Wat's existence.

The Smithsonian Institute must think there is something to alot of these giant bones being found in various regions around the world and more so in the US. So much so, that they dug a hole and covered everyone of them up and have done this various times...I posted a report on this somewhere but I can dredge it up again if I have to. The point I'm eluding to is that someone or some group wants a portion of our ancient history to remain "unknown."
There are times when one must add up things to arrive at an answer and one simply can't ignore the evidences concerning "giants." They are in ancient historical writings; they are in holy texts; they are continually being discovered, etc.
The evidence is quite overwhelming.

Until they dig up a giant human scull I remain in doubt. One must remember that there were thousands of "proofs" unicorns existed back in history too. Until they figured it was only the front tooth of a sea beast they held in their hands and not the horn of the beast that carried Adam and Eve out of Eden.

The displayed femur is somewhet deformed, isn't it? As far as I know human femurs are dead straight, but this one appears to be "bent" somehow. An indication that we're talking about the thigh bone of another species?

I see the stories of the Nephilim as written allegory. The giants and monsters they write about, as I see it, were normal looking people. To understand these stories we must know what the Tannakh and similar texts means when it speeks of "beasts and birds", "giants and monsters".

In Eden God placed Man (Adam in Hebrew) and the "beasts and birds". The "beasts and birds" were humans too. When God says in the Law of Moses which animals can be eaten and which cannot. God doesn't speek merely of food for the stumach, but also, or even rather, food for the heart and food for the mind. When the Watchers stepped down and took for themselves wives among the daughters of Man (and also wives among the daughters of the "beasts and birds" according to some sources), they begat giants and monsters. The "Great men of the old": The Nephilim. Children of angels and humans.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Angkor Wat was built by humans with help from the gods.. Religion in Cambodia is big (Buddhism, FYI)
I've never heard anything about giants but i'll ask my dad.
We're Khmer so I'm sure I can get info from him..

Khmer people = good
Khmer rouge= bad

my parents hate the Khmer Rouge. The went through the whole thing lost many family members.. The stories they've told me are just crazy

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by cham]

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cham
Angkor Wat was built by humans with help from the gods.. Religion in Cambodia is big (Buddhism, FYI)

Welcome to the board, cham! Which branch of Buddhism is the greatest in Cambodia? Zen or the more philosophical kind? Didn't know Buddhism spoke of gods.... (I'm a Christian btw)

I've never heard anything about giants but i'll ask my dad.
We're Khmer so I'm sure I can get info from him..

I guess the thing about the giants probably refers to the giant statues there. Myths and lore often evolve from fact. Perhaps America became Atlantis because of the round Earth, and Ang Kor statues became giants, because of how the stories were told and who listened to them and told it again to other people. The Danish writer H.C. Andersen has written a genious fairytale about how a feather became seven hens

But on the other side, giants may refer to something else. For all I know there were real 400 ells giants when the gods walked on Earth before the flood. But arcaeologists say Angkor Wat isn't nearly as old as that. It was supposedly built by this king about 1000 years ago (or was it 1600, don't remember). But I find it no wonder that such stories have evolved, for the area is something of the most beautiful monumental buildings on Earth. People just couldn't believe it was build by humans.

Khmer people = good
Khmer = bad

my parents hate the Khmer Rouge. The went through the whole thing lost many family members.. The stories they've told me are just crazy

It's abit embarrasing, but I know very little about the Khmer Rouge appart from the fact that they were extremely brutal and evil. But I know there's a great difference between Khmer Rouge and the Khmer people. Weren't the Rouge communists? Did they have anything to do with that Pol Pot monster?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Which branch of Buddhism is the greatest in Cambodia? Zen or the more philosophical kind?

I couldn't really say. I'm afraid I don't know as much as I should know

It's abit embarrasing, but I know very little about the Khmer Rouge appart from the fact that they were extremely brutal and evil. But I know there's a great difference between Khmer Rouge and the Khmer people. Weren't the Rouge communists? Did they have anything to do with that Pol Pot monster?

Yes Pol Pot was the leader. I'm pretty sure they were communist....They were as ruthless as you can imagine..

my parents have pictures around somewhere when they visited Cambodia in 90's..if anyone is interested, i can upload them and share with you guys if i can find them

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cham

Yes Pol Pot was the leader. I'm pretty sure they were communist....They were as ruthless as you can imagine..

Too bad that a person with such an awesome name should be such a satan. If my last name was pot, I would have become a mail man and call myself Postman Pot and drive around town with my cat smoking weed. I hear the legal potsmokers in Canada protest these days. They say the weed they get from the doctor isn't good enough. They have my support no matter what. For weed can't get good enough

my parents have pictures around somewhere when they visited Cambodia in 90's..if anyone is interested, i can upload them and share with you guys if i can find them

Did they visit Angkor Wat? Always cool to see new pictures from that place.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I hear the legal potsmokers in Canada protest these days. They say the weed they get from the doctor isn't good enough. They have my support no matter what. For weed can't get good enough

yeah there's people demanding a refunds for the legal weed they purchased from the government cuz it doesnt give them enough buzz..How bad does the weed gotta be that people want a refund?? LOL...

Did they visit Angkor Wat? Always cool to see new pictures from that place.

not sure..i do know that they have some nice closeup pics of it which were given to them by a friend who went last year..Hope I can find them...
If not, i still can post some random shots of whatever I can find... i dont have a scanner though..just a really CRAPPY digital camera so they wont be great

top topics

<< 1   >>

join