It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khmers claim that Gaint build Angkor wat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Is gaint real?

According to the khmers, they say the gaint is the one that build Angkor Wat and then the "Gods" kill them all.
The french explore say it was just a folktale.

what you think?

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
First of all welcome to the board kingsworld.

I don't know where i've heard it before but i do remember a story about giant in relation to aliens... Giants lived on earth, for some reason went to live on another planet, and are/were watching over humans (their creations...) anyone remember a story along these lines? please help me out if you do...

Ofcourse there are many folklores about giants, cyclopses and so on... to my knowledge no giant human bones have been found to today that prove there ever were giants living here...

So that one's kind of hard to confirm. I do however find Angkor Wat to be an interesting place as are the gizeh pyramids and the mayan buildings/pyramids.

If anyone can tel us more on any folklore surrounding Angkor Wat it'd be apreciated... (otherwise i'll have to do some research, wich isn't a bad thing to do anyway
).

Peace, welcome, have fun on the board,

MrFreeze

[Edited on 26-7-2003 by MrFreeze]

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yes, welcome Kingsworld. It's great to see new members to this site. Greetings, stranger!

As mr. Freeze is touching into there are stories of Giants in other cultures, and I do believe that what he's talking about are the Nephilims, whom the bible speeks of in Genesis 6. And In the Book of Enoch (some say this is the oldest book of all the books the Jews keep, and it was alledgely Enoch who received the Hebrew alfabet).

Well the story goes as follows: Once uppon a time when man had been cast out of Paradise because they disobeyed God's command, there were a special type of angels watching us from above. These angels were the Watchers, and their job was to watch over the humans after God no longer could walk on the Earth since the Humans had now demanded to be their own gods by eating the from the Tree of wisdom which was one of two trees standing in the midst of Paradise or Eden as we also call it, and God denied Man and Woman to eat from the Tree of Wisdom, for if they did, they would die, but the serpent managed to trick Woman to eat from the tree, and she also gave Man some. And the result was that Man and Woman became like gods and understood the difference between good and evil, and their eyes were opened, so they could see like God sees.

Well, years came and years went, until suddenly some of these Watcher angels fell in love with some of the beautiful daughters among the humans. Well, God had prohibited the angels to mix with mankind, just like he had denied Man and Woman to eat from the Tree of Wisdom, but the Watchers summoned themselves and made a pact. And they stepped down from Heaven and married the ones they loved the most. The result of these marriages, was that the women gave birth to giants, known to the Jews as the Nephilims. And these giants became a curse for Mankind. They were brutal and increddibly strong, and they more or less took over the whole Earth. Evil grew on Earth as the fallen Watchers started to teach Mankind all kinds of stuff to help them against the Nephilims. They taught them to extract metal from the Earth and taught them how to make weapons. They also told them astrology, astronomy, how to make cosmetics, how to curse and how to free people from such curses and many other things. And this lead to many wars. There was great trouble on Earth because of what these Watchers had done. So one day, Noah's great grandfather called for God and plead before him about the horror that spread on Earth. When God heared about this, what the Watchers had done and what consequences had come because of this, he judged the Watchers to be chained and cast down into caves under the earth to stay there 70 generations to end. God then went to Enoch's great grandson, the ever famous Noah, and showed him how to build a ship that should be an Ark of redemption for Mankind and all the other lifeforms on Earth and the good wisdom. When Noah had finished his ship and gathered all the animals and his family and closed the door of the Ark, it started raining, and never since has there been such downfall of water on the face of the Earth, and never again will there be such horrible rain. It rained from above and the springs from the deep gave also away their water, and after fourty days and fourty nights it stopped raining, but then all the Earth was flooded. After some time the water sank and the Ark stranded on a mountain, where it is still today, high up in the Ararat mountains. According to the story, all the giants were killed in this flood, but some other humans except Noah and his family survived. They had made boats for themselves, or God had showed them safe places to stay or had taken them up to Heaven to God himself.

I hope this answered some of your questions. To read more about these events, look the story up in Genesis 6 which you can find on bible.crosswalk.com... and the Book of Enoch (pretty dark stuff if you ask me, but it's a good read if you are interrested such things) you can find if you click on the link below and read from chapter six and a couple of chapters further:

wesley.nnu.edu...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
By the way kingsworld, do you have any links to the Angkor Wat thing? It seems interresting indeed, and I'd like to look into it myself.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hi Mikromarius & MrFreeze

here the link
www.geocities.com...

The French colonialists were the first westerners to get exposed to Angkor. They heard rumors from the local population about "temples built by gods or by giants." Most of the colonialists referred these rumors to folk tales,

...and about the god killing them Gaints, I got that from this old khmer lady who live on my street. She tell me that Gaints did exsit in Cambodia back in ancient time and that they ate Human and the gods kill them all.

But here a fact: The average ancient khmers race was tall as 7 feet.
Modern Khmer race height are 5 feet tall

[Edited on 27-7-2003 by kingsworld]

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Very interesting...

I'll read up on it in a moment...

Thanks for the info guys...

Freezie

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I did a quick search for this on google and found some interresting matches. It seems the Kmer told stories of a great city that was built by gods and giants to the French colonicers. And I also found something more:

www.gocambodia.com...

"The artistry is far less refined than that seen in the reliefs at Angkor Wat, but the depiction of historical events and cameos of daily life is more lively and more vital than Angkor Wat's somewhat static and formal renderings of classical legend. The Bayon stands at the centre of Angkor Thom (literally "Great City"), which forms the core of the ancient site as it survives today.� This inner city, as it were, is surrounded by a moat and approached at the four cardinal points via massive stone gates and causeways flanked by statues of gods and giants.� Encompassed within this central area are a number of notable monuments in addition to the Bayon. These include the Baphuon, a pyramidal representation of Mount Meru constructed in the eleventh century at what was then Angkor's centre - a fact which may account for the building's look of extraordinary self-assurance."

An other site with brief but good information is this, which describes the Angkor complex as the 8th wonder of the world:
www.globetrekkertv.co.uk...

And on www.spiritualjourneys.net... it says:

"When French naturalist Henri Mouhot "rediscovered" Angkor, in the mid-nineteenth century, he considered the ruins of the ancient Khmer capital to be "Grander than anything left by Greece or Rome". "

Perhaps we now know more about why the God of Israel prohibited his people from making art of the divine. Since it would always be compared to other art and even disapear beside the rest and the essence of the message would deteriorate? Just a thought....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If you're interrested in temple archetecture, take a look at the topic I just posted following the link below (we Christians have something to be proud of we too
)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have not even read this thread and have no intentions to do so. Having said that the Rouge are fanatical frek'in idiots that massacered women and childre because they were sexually frustrated and should be sympathized and exterminated for lack DNA equality, they are a crossbreed between animal and human , a defect of nature, period the end

tuttutkamen

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I thought that the only giant in the Bible was Nimrod who helped found Babylon. He is mentioned briefly in the Bible and the Divine Comedy; Inferno Canto XXXI

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
tut! Please specify that you don't mean the Khmer people in general here. It could easily be understood that way. Khmer Rouge isn't the same as the Khmer people.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
I thought that the only giant in the Bible was Nimrod who helped found Babylon. He is mentioned briefly in the Bible and the Divine Comedy; Inferno Canto XXXI

Then it's time for you to do some homework
Read up on Genesis 6 and 1Enoch 6 (man, those were alot of sixes scarrrry). You'll find the Book of Enoch in a link in the really long post I wrote in this thread. Yes, man, there were alot of giants back then according to the bible and relevant Jewish pseudepigraphia.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
tut! Please specify that you don't mean the Khmer people in general here. It could easily be understood that way. Khmer Rouge isn't the same as the Khmer people.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

your absolutely correct Mikro and I apologise for being so vague. I was referring to the clan that brought us the 'killing fields'
tut tut

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
you Kingsworld
me greyhaven

Mikromarius, I saw an x-files episode about the Nephilim. It was a pretty good one.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I think you guys might want to head to the "Giants" thread in the ancient mysteries, etc. forum....

I have been posting "giant" info there for quite awhile. Also just posted a picture and a recently translated 'book of giants' from the Dead Sea Scrolls.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 28-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven
you Kingsworld
me greyhaven

Mikromarius, I saw an x-files episode about the Nephilim. It was a pretty good one.

Yes, if you look at it, X-files is almost a rewrite of the Nephilim story. Wher the watchers have been replaced with aliens, and Scully and those other women in the series are impregnated etc.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

ID

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The condition of gigantism is still present today. A great example of this being the late Andre The Giant. He was a wrestler and was seven foot two. Perhaps the condition of gigantism was at one point a much more common thing. And perhaps the growth was accelerated to a greater degree causing humans of enormous heights. Then the question is what happened to these giants? One side effect common in people suffering from this disease is severe back problems so perhaps the giants died out slowly as a result. The condition of gigantism today may be a very weakened version of what once was.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ID
The condition of gigantism is still present today. A great example of this being the late Andre The Giant. He was a wrestler and was seven foot two. Perhaps the condition of gigantism was at one point a much more common thing. And perhaps the growth was accelerated to a greater degree causing humans of enormous heights. Then the question is what happened to these giants? One side effect common in people suffering from this disease is severe back problems so perhaps the giants died out slowly as a result. The condition of gigantism today may be a very weakened version of what once was.

In ancient Jewish litterature these giants, the Nephilim, were over four meters tall! Some more obscure stories, written in the "Enochian tradition" like the ones found in the caves at Qumran says they were up to 450 feet! This somehow leads me to think that it is something else than their physical appearance they speek about. But exactly what I don't know.... What if it was the book of a giant's life that could become 450 feet long? Just a thought.... Or what if they had a tradition that said these Nephilims, because of their wisdom and spiritual gifts, were metaphorically much greater in spiritual size than humans with "clean" generations?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Again fellas......might want to hit the "giant" thread....I posted a picture of a femure found and the size individual that that femure would be likely be.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Quote:
"Yes, if you look at it, X-files is almost a rewrite of the Nephilim story. Wher the watchers have been replaced with aliens, and Scully and those other women in the series are impregnated etc. "

NO NO NO... there is an EPISODE specifically ABOUT the Nephilim. Though I suppose you could say the whole main plot of the series is kinda' similar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join