It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Dreams Predict Life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yes I do have dreams that come true. It usually has to do with someone dying. I have the dream at the moment they die and see everything. I wake up and look at the clock. I have done this with people I know and dont know. I have been doing it since I was about 8 years old. Iam now 41. I used to cry to my mom and beg her to make it stop. Its a hard thing to handle.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kiwifish
Yes I do have dreams that come true. It usually has to do with someone dying. I have the dream at the moment they die and see everything. I wake up and look at the clock. I have done this with people I know and dont know. I have been doing it since I was about 8 years old. Iam now 41. I used to cry to my mom and beg her to make it stop. Its a hard thing to handle.

Am I one of the people who die in your dreams?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Is there a 6th sense?
Many people have experienced dreams, visions, or unexplained feelings where they could predict some future event, sense a spirit or presence of something or someone, or even read someone else's mind. This happens to so many people--especially concerning sensing future events--that it cannot be overlooked as a possible sense for which scientists simply don't have an answer.
www.school-for-champions.com...

" Dreams do at times show us insights to possible events in the future. But it is as much a caluation of what the mind and body already knows than a supernatural event. The brain is the ultimate super computer. The body is able to communicate illness and disease through the dream, informing a person well before it is detectable by medical means. There are, and throughtout history have been men and women who were 'good' at seeing future events, but when you deeper into these predictions they are as much a general thought than true predictions of the future. Intuitiveness is a form of knowing, a known quality of the psyche that let's someone sense 'truths' about someone, thing or event. So why not the dream using related aspects to inform, if only in on occassion. The science of dreams [psychology], through Jung and others, have shown us there are metaphysical qualities to the human psyche. It is probably best to be skeptical, but never dismissive"
www.mythsdreamssymbols.com...

I have had many dreams which seemed to foretell an incident, so to answer your question, yes dreams can sometime predict life.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I have had many dreams which seemed to foretell an incident, so to answer your question, yes dreams can sometime predict life.

But all this could be co-incidence, right?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I had a women appear in my dreams and tell me that i would marry a doctor, I met that person.
I also saw that person in my dreams before i met her.
Deep

Well anyways.............. I met and dated and broke up!

I resent this women ( emotional distress ), though im sure she was the women who was married to me in many of my dreams before I had met her.

I believe in pre-destiny. Our Sub-Consciouss constantly reminds of us our destiny through our dreams.

Deep

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Well anyways.............. I met and dated and broke up!
I resent this women ( emotional distress ), though im sure she was the women who was married to me in many of my dreams before I had met her.
I believe in pre-destiny. Our Sub-Consciouss constantly reminds of us our destiny through our dreams.

How can you be sure? In my personal experience all my dreams have never been clear, the next day I wake up I remember only 1%.

Most time I construct around that 1% and think that I dreamt of that. But I know for sure, that what I think didn't happen.

I don't know if this is your case too, but I don't believe that dreams really accurately predict what is going to happen the next day.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I can remember almost everything in my dreams. I contemplate them fully for days if a dream interests me highly.

Deep

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
I can remember almost everything in my dreams. I contemplate them fully for days if a dream interests me highly.

Maybe you do.

I still think that Dreams don't predict life, but we tend to think that they do.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I definitly believe that dreams can predict life. My mom has always had premonitions in her dreams. Before i was born, probably around 18 years ago, my mom had a dream, and in it her mom was telling her that there was going to be an accident. She told my mom that one of her brother-in-laws was going to die in an accident, and he would die of a neck injury. In the dream my mom kept asking who it was and when it was going to happen, but her mom wouldnt tell her and just sed it would happen.

A few months later, my moms brother-in-law died in a moterbike accident, he died of a broken neck and massive brain damage.

My mom has had many dreams that predict the future....i really believe in these types of things.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I get them a lot when I get that deja vu feeling.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think dreams can predict the future and all, but not everyone.
I think there has to be a special kind of person.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
I saw a movie revolving around a woman who sees a murder in her dream, and it turns out that she was right. I was wondering if that is really possible. Sometimes, we can predict by accident. Was there any real incident where someone really predicted everything correctly.

You might want to look up Carl Jung and his theory of sincronisity (sp?). We are all connected in unrealized ways; too bad we can't figure it out.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i dreamed about men on horse back...i was helping others throw molotov cocktails at them... horse and rider being destroyed in war like setting this dream happened on the morning of 9/11/2000..... one year exactly before the nine eleven incident and our forth coming involvement in afghanistan....also dreamed the night before we did that one air drop where we went in and captured some weapons and killed a few afghanis
the one that was all over the news...think thats a coincidence... i was taking part in this air drop in my dream....before 9/11 also had teribble dreams while on pain medication from my broken leg that summer ...1 month before it happened..of falling over and over between two tall buildings .... the ground would come up and then i would be falling again between the buildings....have had other numerous dreams in my life that have come to pass but wont mention them here as being on a very personal level

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have been a "lurker" here for about 2 months, but I had a dream last week that has bothered me so much, I registered so that I could share and maybe have someone come back and tell me that I am overreacting! I dreamt that I was in my back yard with my youngest child, and my oldest was at school. In my dream, I knew that the news on some of the forums I read said that Al-Qaeda was prepping for a major attack on the US and that it would come as a total surprise. As I was in my back yard, I looked up and saw several small commuter sized jets fly over me....they were red with white trim and black arabic writing on them. I knew we were being attacked, and it took me bu such surprise. I felt like I had to grab my child and go get my oldest at school, but I froze and became "paralyzed" as the jests started to drop bombs. It was such a disturbing dream that I woke myself up and spent the next few minutes tryiong to convince myself it was only a dream. The problem is that I have had other "premonition" type dreams. Has anyone else ever had stuff like this happen to them? Am I worrying too much about stuff and this is my subconscious telling me to chill out? Thanks for letting me unload.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
I still think that Dreams don't predict life, but we tend to think that they do.

They are able to predict our future. Those 2-3 seconds snippets people dream of. Coincidence? Well not for me, I used to write down exactly what I saw and draw a bit to make it even more secure.

A few days later it came to the exact situations with the exact view and voices talking.
This never happened for "normal" dreams but it's quite easy for me to judge what was "seen from future". It has always been some totally useless information
- just some situations, nothing special.

But you dream about those and they occur, proofed it on my own.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join