It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super CPU

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Liquid nitrogen!!! Thats crazy

5GHz isn't far away, although like someone else mentioned earlier, dual cpu's will be a lot more common in the future. I'd rather see an increase in hard drive performance.

Originally posted by James the Lesser
But a friend of mine has 3 fans, two on the cases and one on the proc itself.

I've got 7!! 1 on the cpu, 2 in the psu, 2 case fans, 1 on the northbridge chip and 1 on the graphics card. Can get pretty noisy when i turn them all up!

“Microsoft is expected to recommend that the "average" Longhorn PC feature a dual-core CPU running at 4 to 6GHz; a minimum of 2 gigs of RAM; up to a terabyte of storage; a 1 Gbit, built-in, Ethernet-wired port and an 802.11g wireless link; and a graphics processor that runs three times faster than those on the market today.”

That's total rubbish, i used to have Longhorn alphas running on my old 800MHz pc, it was a bit slow but still bearable. Why would they recommend a terrabyte of storage, the longhorn installation is under 3Gb.
For anyone who is interested Longhorn build 5048 was given out at WinHEC yesterday, see some screenshots here

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
APC

What do you know about VME busses? You're one of the few people I've seen outside work mention them.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Murphy's law will, and has slightly

You mean 'Moores Law' ?

Thats what I was going to say

new topics

<< 1   >>

join