It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Whistle blower Sibel Edmonds?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I am really surprised Bush has not had her killed yet, I think no one is going to jail well maybe Edmonds seeing she is dealing with a kangaroo court. Has anyone seen this reported on any media out lets newspapers?

Excerpt from

FBI linguist won’t deny intelligence intercepts tied 911-drug money to U.S. election campaigns

In an exclusive interview on Saturday, we asked Edmonds if she would deny that laundered drug money linked to the 911 attacks found its way into recent House, Senate and Presidential campaign war-chests, according to what she heard in intelligence intercepts she was asked to translate.

Sibel Edmonds

I will not deny that statement; but I cannot comment further on it," she told TomFlocco.com, in a non-denial denial.

Edmonds is appealing the Bush administration’s arcane use of "state secrets privilege," invoked last year to throw out her U.S. District Court lawsuit alleging retaliation for telling FBI superiors about shoddy wiretap translations and allegations that wiretap information was passed to the target of an FBI investigation. Given our multiple reports and numerous other interviews, Edmonds heard much more--but enough to warrant public suppression of criminal evidence by a wholly Republican appeals court panel?

"Tom, I’m telling you that not a single newspaper covered what happened to me on Thursday when I went into court," "[Judge David] Ginsberg kicked everyone out, cut off my lawyer’s arguments, and told us ‘we have questions to ask the government’s attorneys that you cannot hear.’”
Criminal evidence in Edmonds’ explosive case is apparently getting too close to Washington officials, since the former contract linguist also told us she would not deny that "once this issue gets to be...investigated, you will be seeing certain [American] people that we know from this country standing trial; and they will be prosecuted criminally," revealing the content of the FBI intercepts she heard indicates that recognizable, very high-profile American citizens are linked to the 911 attacks.

Edmonds implied that legislators and even lobbyists were benefiting from laundered narcotics proceeds in an earlier interview with the Baltimore Sun, "...this money travels. And you start trying to go to the root of it and it’s getting into somebody’s political campaign, and somebody’s lobbying. And people don’t want to be traced back to this money."

So the Bush administration’s Department of Justice enlisted its taxpayer-funded lawyers to petition a Republican U.S. Appeals Court to suppress Sibel Edmonds’ criminal evidence allegations--linked to a 3,000 death mass murder--in the name of "state secrets."

When we asked how many Americans were named in the intercepts, Edmonds said "There is direct evidence involving no more than ten American names that I recognized," further revealing that "some are heads of government agencies or politicians--but I don’t want to go any further than that," as we listened in stunned silence.

Plaintiff and attorneys asked to leave courtroom
snip
All three judges who removed Edmonds and her attorneys are Republicans: Douglas Ginsburg and David Sentelle, having been appointed by Ronald Reagan, and Karen LeCraft Henderson who was tapped in 1990 by President George W. Bush’s father, former President George H. W. Bush.

Assistant Director Dale Watson: FBI's Mr. Fix-it?
snip
The former FBI translator had already linked laundered illegal narcotics money and terrorism to recent U.S. political campaigns in an earlier statement made to the Baltimore paper, "...you have money laundering activities, drug related activities, and terrorist support activities converging at certain points and becoming one....they are citing ‘foreign relations’ which is not the case....we are not talking about only government levels. And I keep underlining semi-legit organizations and following the money."

When we pressed Edmonds as to whether she would deny that FBI Assistant Director Dale Watson had prior knowledge of the 911 attacks, she quickly said, "no comment," carefully adhering to her judicial gag order--and not revealing all she knows.

Uncomplicated drug money laundering
snip
It’s so simple," Edmonds told TomFlocco.com. "Nobody is looking at the Department of Defense aspect of the whole 911 cover-up. The FBI is citing two reasons for my gag order: to protect ‘sensitive’ diplomatic relations and to protect foreign U.S. business relationships."

Espionage and treason?
snip
Edmonds has said in the past that "I reported some of the suspects’ names higher up as I came across them in our investigation. And you know what? Within two weeks, they had all left the country. Just vanished."

Protecting high government officials
snip
In October, 2002, former Attorney General John Ashcroft asked the court to dismiss Edmonds’ case on grounds it would compromise national security; and the FBI declined to discuss the specifics of her case on grounds that it would harm national security.

911 insider trading subject to "national security" restrictions?
snip
We also wanted to know whether Edmonds thought the three Republican appeals court judges were taking drastic steps to clothe their private talks with Bush administration attorneys in secrecy for the purpose of conspiring to shield members of the President’s hierarchy from criminal prosecution and possible treason linked to the events of September 11.

Link

More TomFlocco stories about Sibel Edmonds:

Sibel Edmonds sues Ashcroft again for actions tied to 9-11 evidence

Translator alleges FBI / State Dept espionage, possible treason

DOJ Asked FBI Translator To Change Pre 9-11 Intercepts

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
TomFlocco.com is all BS.....

Here's a few dependable websites with the same story....

CBS News

www.google.com...

There could be some truth in this, or she could be after money and
publicity.....only time will tell.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
edit fast finger, slow board

[edit on 25/4/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
thanks for your reply.
both your links are all a year or so old and the story is the same this is just an update to how it's moving through the courts.

This happend on Thursday past and she claims that no reporters were there to cover the story. This interview with Tom was done on Saturday 23 April.

[edit on 25/4/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I Didn't check the dates...thanks.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Dude, she's hot. She reminds of Lois Lane or something. I'd like to...ahem...interview her, for ATSNN...mmmhmmm.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It's kinda sick... The right wingers stamping around saying they want proof, and when the proof comes along, or somebody actually steps up to say something about what happens under our noses, the Farqing media doesn't cover it, they completely ignore it... or your source is biased.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
SAURON,

sorry bud. you got it wrong. it wouldn't be BUSH doing anything. it's those buttmunchers who r in power that we never see, who would "suicide" her.

didn't you ever notice the HUGE body count surrounding our pal BUBBA ? you don't actually think BUBBA called the shots there do ya ?

anyways....yes I'm curious too, now that you mention it. but I guess the bottom line is, " they" are not even close to pointing the finger in the RIGHT direction...or it woulda happened already...[ you know what I mean, jelly bean ? ] so , as long as the guilty parties aren't close to the flame she is shooting out...then she'll continue to go around, making fools out of the lackeys for the MAN , while the MAN ,chuckles at the 3 ring circus across the hall...

[edit on 26-4-2005 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
SAURON,
sorry bud. you got it wrong. it wouldn't be BUSH doing anything. it's those buttmunchers who r in power that we never see, who would "suicide" her.
[ you know what I mean, jelly bean ? ]
[edit on 26-4-2005 by toasted]

LOL Bushy is just the name of my dartboard, the bulls eye changes with whatever crime they are committing (you know what I mean, jelly bean?)

Just an update to the Sibel Edmonds case that no one seems to care about.

FBI Whistleblower Case Closed To Public From FOX NEWS

WASHINGTON — A federal appeals court Thursday barred the public from arguments in the case of a fired FBI contractor who alleged security breaches and misconduct at the agency.

The Justice Department's inspector general said Edmonds' allegations to her superiors about a co-worker "raised serious concerns that, if true, could potentially have extremely damaging consequences for the FBI."

The inspector general concluded that the FBI did not adequately investigate the allegations and that Edmonds was retaliated against for speaking out.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Yeah, we won't hear from the die hard "patriots" on this one. It's too much for them to handle.

Here's an article from another source.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Conundrum04]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You can almost hear the crickets.

Nothing from the "the government will never do anything to hurt us" gallery. They can't stand the truth and need to be told what to believe in.

It's really sad.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't know what to make of this woman. My gut instinct tells me she is just trying to make some money off of this, but why would you want "that" kind of attention?

I just wonder how a linguist would be in on SO MUCH incriminating information. Seems kind of odd to me.

None of what she is saying is very shocking to me. It is pretty much a confirmation of what I have thought all along. It is a shame the media doesn't give her any attention, but then again.... if what she is saying is true, it is a miracle she has even received as much attention as she has. I would have thought she would have "committed suicide" by now.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I copied the number and will call tomorrow. I know she is telling the truth. Because part of to what she is referring dates back to the Reagan administration - the Iran-Contra scandal aka drugs for guns.

The US put the Taliban in power, and the poppy fields dried up. The US forced the Taliban out of power. The poppy fields once again flouish, as encouraged by US based PNAC using Afghanistan warlords aka Afganistan mafia.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Language translator with high security clearance.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionStars

I realize that, I just don't think that just any language translator would be "in the know" on as much as she is claiming to be. Her job role could range anywhere from extremely mundian to highly classified. You would think if the govt didn't want people to hear or believe what she had to say, they would at least put out a smear campaign like they did in the CIA leak case.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Perhaps this is why:

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

"Only Sibel knew just how strange. A large part of her work at the F.B.I. involved listening to the wiretapped conversations of people who were the targets of counter-intelligence investigations. As she would later tell investigators from the Justice Department’s Office of the Inspector General (O.I.G.) and the U.S. Congress, some of those targets were Turkish officials the Dickersons had described as high-level friends. In Sibel’s view, the Dickersons had asked the Edmondses to befriend F.B.I. suspects. (In August 2002, Melek Can Dickerson called Sibel’s allegations “preposterous, ludicrous and slanderous.”)

Sibel also recalled hearing wiretaps indicating that Turkish Embassy targets frequently spoke to staff members at the A.T.C., one of the organizations that Turkish Embassy targets frequently spoke to staff members at the A.T.C., one of the organizations that the Dickersons allegedly wanted her and her husband to join. Sibel later told the O.I.G. she assumed that the A.T.C.’s board—which is chaired by Brent Scowcroft, President George H. W. Bush’s national-security advisor—knew nothing of the use to which it was being put. But the wiretaps suggested to her that the Washington office of the A.T.C. was being used as a front for criminal activity."

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"If 911 was an inside job, someone would have came forward and spilled the beans already" - 911 conspiracy "debunkers".

Now I know this story isn't about the 9/11 conspiracy directly. But this is the kind of deafening silence you can expect from "debunkers"if someone extremely credible comes out and starts throwing truth bombs about 911.

It really is a waste of time with these people because they don't want to see any part of the truth even when it's right in front of their faces.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Conundrum04]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well the London Times online just ran a long article backing up Edmonds which has an ATS thread here. They ain't nothin' to spit at, msm-wise. Not a peep on this in the good ole US of A media, of course.

Read it and weep-- for the corrupt US officials who sold out our nuclear secrets to the Turks and the Pakistanis for less than half the cost of a new car, and for the FBI and cohorts for covering up this treason.

Despicable.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If people wish to support Sybil Edmonds, the number to call is (202)225-3951. The head of the judicial committee is Congressman Conyers. Please do not allow them to give a run around on generalities. Explain that you believe the committee needs to investigate why Mrs. Edmonds' attorneys are being barred from closed chamber conferences between judges and the defendants' attorneys. If the person answering states the message will be passed on to the committee, tell him or her you will keep checking back until the matter has been resolved to legal satisfaction.

There is no use complaining no insider whisteblowers never come forward, if the people are not willing to support those whistleblowers when they display extreme courage in coming forward.

Morgan Reynolds is another insider whistleblower who came forward long ago as well. How many people requesting insider whistleblowers come forward, paid any serious attention to what he reported he knew as matter of fact?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It's ridiculous to think this woman is not telling the truth - why would she risk her life, her family member's lives and stay with it for the past SIX YEARS?? Why would she defy a court order of a gag ruling to tell her story? Why would they put a gag rule on her, unless she knew something?
She was a translator and a transcriptionist, that's why she knew so much inside information. I have followed this case for the entire 6 years and have seen it on a number of news sites, all different kinds.
This lady is legitimate, she's telling the truth and the PTB have been trying to silence her. If they killed her, it would look VERY suspicious.

The recent Times Online article is very good. To date, I don't believe she's made any money from it, nor even written a book. So...where would she be getting this "money" reward from?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join