It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihad comes to Small Town, USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thought this made for interesting reading.

The website this article is posted on is bias on many
of thier postings, much like Aljzeera is on thiers.

Alot of the articles are of a "pro-USA" nature (nothing wrong there).
Just throwing that out before someone validates the credebility
of the source....I already know so there's no need to point it out.

Jihad comes to Small Town, USA

By Laura Mansfield:

It happened again this week. I came out of the office to find a flyer under my windshield wipers inviting me to a special informational presentation on God and family values, and how to bring them back to the forefront in America.

I'm a parent so the flyer caught my interest. But as an analyst for the Northeast Intelligence Network, my eyes were riveted to the address on the flyer: The session was being held at a nearby mosque.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I decided it would be a good time for some onsite investigations of the mosque. In order to not attract undue attention, I dressed conservatively, wearing a navy jumper with a long sleeve white blouse, and low heels. I debated whether or not to put on a hijab (head scarf) then decided not to – after all, I was going to "learn," not to pretend I was a Muslim.

Thoughts and concerns?

edit for spelling
[edit on 25/4/2005 by SportyMB]

[edit on 25/4/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
My thoughts are that everytime I read one of these horror stories, I quickly learn that to learn more, I have to buy a book. Hmmmm. That person is very concerned about the well-being of our great nation and would like to fill us in on the important details, for a price of course.

I've heard the story about the Arabs using the restroom at the same time on the plane before, it was supposedly a band traveling to Nevada, either the muslim in the story was on that same flight, or the story is BS.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Haha (waiting to see someone spaz out because of the comparison between ajizeera and WND.) I love how she was going in "covert"style.

Now first off, I highly doubt, with a topic as sensitive as this, that they would speak like that with other people around. Could this happen, of course. Are they going to have a meeting one hour before a public session talking about this, no.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I've been going to that website daily for years now and I like it, but some of it seems just a little out there. I do believe this story however. Read the whole thing. I'm sure this happens at mosques across America, and the world for that matter. Most of the alleged terrorists caught in America were from situations just like this, there always seems to be a mosque where they would meet and recruit new members.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The woman is real according to this site:
www.homelandsecurityus.com...

but take a closer look at the page, and notice a website named "worldthreats.com", created by a coworker named Ryan Mauro.

this website and worldnetdaily.com are both hosted by TUCOWS and use the new feature that blocks a whois lookup on the domains. For those who don't know whois is a database of every domain name and information of their owners, and all aspects were completely public up until a year or so ago..but like so many other parts of our life today, as the gov'ts access to info increases, ours decreases.

One thing that is extremely suspicious is the connection between the Northeastern Intelligence Network, world net daily and worldthreats.com

ex: On worldthreats.com, you can find a radio interview of the site's creator, Ryan Mauro. The person giving the interview is Laura Mansfield, and strangely enough she speaks to him as if she is meeting him for the first time, when in reality he is a coworker.

Seems a bit fishy to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

On worldthreats.com, you can find a radio interview of the site's creator, Ryan Mauro. The person giving the interview is Laura Mansfield, and strangely enough she speaks to him as if she is meeting him for the first time, when in reality he is a coworker.

benign, you should be a freakin detective

That's pretty interesting. Im not doubting the authenticity of the news
but after reading your post and checking on it myself....you do have a good point.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

As he expected, he was delayed – he thought it was very amusing that while several TSA personnel were scrutinizing his personal belongings that his classmate from Jordan was able to walk through security, along with his American girlfriend, without any problems whatsoever.

One of the men said, in Arabic: "Blonde Americans are good for something!"

Gosh, how insidious.
That is why most people agree that worldnutdaily is worthless.

Khaled and three of his companions had gone to New York for several days in January. He told of how uncomfortable his trip up to NYC had been. He felt like he was being watched, and thought he was the victim of racial profiling.

Gee, I wonder why, considering that she had decided to infiltrate and spy on a muslim prayer meeting and figure out 'if thems was ter'rists'

But the Arabic-speaking sessions clearly have an anti-American tone.

And this woman says nothing eh?

Worldnutdaily often puts out garbage like this, trying to implicate all muslims as sneaky wily troublemakers who lie and are all jihadis. No reason to listen to any of it.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jdI've heard the story about the Arabs using the restroom at the same time on the plane before, it was supposedly a band traveling to Nevada, either the muslim in the story was on that same flight, or the story is BS.

I think its the same 'reporter', i recall it was a woman who wrote for WND and the name here looks familiar.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I think its the same 'reporter', i recall it was a woman who wrote for WND and the name here looks familiar.

If that's true, then this story is complete BS. I'm sure she would remember the previous incident when the man was bragging about frightening everybody on the plane. Also, when they mentioned the man breezing through security because he was with a "blonde American", I found that to be kind of ridiculous, everybody gets searched at the airport.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
OK, let me see if I can clear something up for some people. The story was originally posted at www.homelandsecurityus.com.... I saw it there a few weeks ago. Since then I've seen it re-posted on a bunch of other web sites.

The people at homelandsecurityus.com call themselves the Northeast Intelligence Network. They are a group of private investigators, ex-intelligence anylists, and computer security professionals who spend their spare time monitoring websites that they suspect are used by terrorists. A lot of their warnings don't pan out, but they have managed to provide officials with credible that has prevented some terrorist attacks from occuring. Most of them have been suicide bombings in Israel.

The website is a great place to get info about terrorist groups. Al Qaeda puts out a fairly regular magazine that's called The Voice of Jihad. The NIN posts it translated in English as soon as it is released.

Laura Mansfield regularly contributes to the homelandsecurityus website and her specialty seems to be lurking radical Islamic message boards and finding info. She has also found a lot of extremist web sites that will be nothing but an image that is posted for for less than an hour and then disappears. They think that the pictures have extremist communications embedded in them or that the topic of the picture itself is a code.

Here is a snippet from their website that shows the credentials of the NIN:

9 March 2005: The Northeast Intelligence Network is now listed on the Official NATO STARnet DTIN (NATO Defense Against Terrorism Information Node) webpage. The NATO node is designed to be a single point of access for information pertaining to defense against terrorism interests of NATO elements, NATO member countries, and partner countries. All agencies and organizations are listed in alphabetical order.

The Northeast Intelligence Network is honored to be listed with such intelligence organizations such as the CIA, NSA and a host of government and industry giants. It is a tremendous acknowledgment of which we are very proud.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeanutButterJellyTime
OK, let me see if I can clear something up for some people. The story was originally posted at www.homelandsecurityus.com....

That is not a website of homeland security tho.

Laura Mansfield regularly contributes to the homelandsecurityus website and her specialty seems to be lurking radical Islamic message boards and finding info. She has also found a lot of extremist web sites that will be nothing but an image that is posted for for less than an hour and then disappears

She is the one who's been put on the news for this no? I beleive I saw her in a news broadcast once.

The Northeast Intelligence Network is honored to be listed with such intelligence organizations such as the CIA, NSA and a host of government and industry giants. It is a tremendous acknowledgment of which we are very proud

To be clear, thats all pretty meaningless. They're a group of people who monitor possible jihadis. The domain name indicates, right off the bat, that they're perhaps not completely honest.

What do we have hear?

A woman went to a mosque, heard what she considers anti-american, and then heard pro-american messages. She concludes that there is a two facedness here. Sure, sounds good. THe mosque leader urged jihad, possibly actual violent jihad, and then put up a front of being nice guys.

But she is not being entirely honest or one faced here either.

She makes it seemlike she just wandered in accidental like, almost, to the meeting. She went there to 'infiltrate and observe'. She isn't upfront with it her the article. What else isn't she being upfront about?

Also, whats come of this? Has she reported them to anyone? Has there been an investigation?

The implication, essentially, is 'watch out for those damned two faced muslims, when they say 'we are a religion of peace', they are lying'. That implication obviously isn't true. While people shouldn't assume that any muslim in particular is innocent just because there is discrimination against them, one should also not assume that they are all also guilty.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

She makes it seemlike she just wandered in accidental like, almost, to the meeting. She went there to 'infiltrate and observe'. She isn't upfront with it her the article. What else isn't she being upfront about?

The first couple paragraphs of her article say exactly this. Here are a few excerpts:

Curiosity got the better of me, and I decided it would be a good time for some on site investigations of the mosque...

I checked the mosque schedule on the web, and discovered that there was going to be an Arabic language session an hour before. So I showed up an hour early. The imam met me at the door, and told me that the presentation didn’t start for an hour, and suggested I come back in an hour. Fortunately I had anticipated this. I explained that since I had quite a bit of reading to do for a class I was taking. “Can I just sit here and read?”

She makes it clear she was there to check out the mosque, not just go and listen to child safety speech.

The intro to the article by the director of NIN states this is the first part of a series of articles she has written. Laura Mansfield has effectively pierced the veil of secrecy inside mosques, and reports the uncensored truth of what is being spread behind the walls of mosques in one small town in America.

Here's where the article is on their website. Article

I believe anything they found was turned over to the proper authorities. The article doesn't specifally say so, but they turn over everything they uncover. Here is a part of their mission statement: Although we are not related to OR ENDORSED BY any government agency, we interact with the applicable law enforcement agencies on a regular basis. This one is from their FAQ We opened a channel of communication with some federal agencies and began submitting our informational finds at that time. It was due to a number of factors that we decided to establish a web presence to inform the public of our findings. As of December 1st, 2003, we have submitted approximately 800 items to our government, many of which cannot be publicly posted (such as bank account numbers of organizations that have openly solicited contributions to be used for terrorist operations).

You're right, the site isn't a part of Homeland Security. Go check out the site for yourself and look at all the info they have on-line. I think they are perfectly legit.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by PeanutButterJellyTime]

top topics

join