It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Corpse in Albuquerque NM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
www.kobtv.com...

[edit on 25-4-2005 by Alien Infiltrator]

Could it be the famous Chupacabra?What do you guys think of it? I know its about 2 months old but I found it interesting.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by Alien Infiltrator]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It looks like a Chup but they say it once lived in water so I'd put my money on strange mutated fish. But I could be wrong and so could they.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
interesting find

I wish the pic was bigger, I couldn't really tell what I was looking at.
The bottom of the article said there was going to be a follow up to that story, did you find out if they ever found out what it was since it was from 2 months ago?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Game and Fish: Bizarre creature an ocean skate

"A bizarre creature found on Albuquerque’s West Mesa wasn’t the chupacabra, the Department of Game and Fish said, but it was something that isn’t often seen in New Mexico: an ocean skate.

At first, the department identified the creature as a stingray, but later found it was an ocean skate.

Albuquerque Aquarium manager Holly Casman said stingrays and ocean skates are similar, but ocean skates have wider tails than stingrays.

Camain said the creature looks so different because a fisherman cut most of the meat off."

[edit on 25/4/05 by Skibum]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I looked and I can't find a follow-up on the story.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Infiltrator
I looked and I can't find a follow-up on the story.

Click the link I posted just before you posted this.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
thanks skibum

but it sounds kind of fishy
fishermen removing the meat? how are they so sure it was fishermen?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

but it sounds kind of fishy fishermen removing the meat? how are they so sure it was fishermen?

Maybe they assumed it was a fisherman, I suppose someone could have purchaced a whole skate and removed the meat themselves. I don't know.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Woops! Didn't see that skibum.

What a disappointment I actually thought they came upon an mysterious unexplainable beast.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yes, this is a fish. This issue has popped up before:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yes, I remeber seeing this come up before. It is still pretty interesting though, and shows how easy it is to mistake something as normal as a skate for some kind of monster. In this case, the animals body had been altered and it was found outside it's normal enviornment, not near the coast, so I can see the confusion.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
thanks skibum

but it sounds kind of fishy
fishermen removing the meat? how are they so sure it was fishermen?

Probably because the meat was removed in clean cuts, and the rest of the body was intact. If a predator ate it, I would imagine it would be quite messy.

I'm just assuming they were clean cuts, but that would be a sign to me a human did it.

EDIT: That looks alot like a Jenny Haniver, which were dried and manipulated skates sailors would sell of as basilisks, baby dragons, etc... So the skate explanation sounds very likely.

[edit on 4-25-2005 by Esoterica]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Yes, this is a fish. This issue has popped up before:

This is what that ended up being? Man, what a dissapointment. Its interesting how people assumed it was an alien, or a chupacabra because hispanics were supposedly 'strongly affected by it.

Case closed, thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join