It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Zarqawi Forced To Leave Computer Behind To Avoid Capture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Back on February 20th, Jordanian jihadist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi narrowly escaped capture from the American covert military unit: Task Force 626. Zarqawi was on his way to a secret meeting in Ramadi, where Force 626 had strategically positioned troops and vehicle checkpoints around the city's perimeter with predator drones hovering overhead, tracking the areas movements in hopes of his capture. Iraq's most wanted fugitive narrowly escaped capture but was forced to leave his computer behind, containing a wealth of valuable information.

abcnews.go.com
On Feb. 20, the alleged terror mastermind was heading to a secret meeting in Ramadi, just west of Fallujah, where he used to base his operations.

Force 626 — the covert American military unit charged with finding Zarqawi — had troops in place to grab the fugitive, and mobile vehicle checkpoints had been established around the city's perimeter. Another U.S. official said predator drones were also in flight, tracking movements in and around the city.
A source who had been inside the Zarqawi network alerted the task force to the meeting. Officials deem the source "extremely credible."

A pickup truck about a half-mile behind the car then quickly turned around and headed in the opposite direction. Officials now believe Zarqawi was in the fleeing truck. U.S. teams began a chase, but when the truck was pulled over several miles later, Zarqawi was not inside. What the task force did find in the vehicle confirmed suspicions that Zarqawi had just escaped. The official said Zarqawi's computer and 80,000 euros (about $104,000 U.S.) were discovered in the truck. The official said Zarqawi's driver and a bodyguard were taken into custody.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is very good news. I hope the information seized can help our forces intercept this evil houdini before more tragic deaths occur. This is breaking news, so sources are few.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by Vajrayana]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yes it would appear to be good news, however one would think they have recovered all data on it by now. That being the case one would think we would be seeing increased captures of insurrgents which has not happen.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Patience.
The captures will come.

And yes this is very good news

I'm checking my watch now...how long before someone turns this into a negative?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
February 20, computer found.

April 26th, ATSNN reports the news as good, quoting ABC's "recent" finding, but we know nothing qualitative about the contents of the fortuitous find.

Like a Mohammed Atta passport surviving intact at Ground Zero after passing through a blazing inferno in the Twin Towers.

Reality is real. Only you the reader can swallow spin or provide your own spin.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Seriously this thing reads like a bad hollywood propaganda flick.

"Force 626 and Fox Force 5 were in hot pursuit, accompanied by their trademark theme song, 'Ameeeericaa! F**K YEAAAAH!!", but they were eluded by the evil Dr. Zarqawi. Still, they managed to capture his swag and a laptop computer containing all his secrets. After guessing the cunningly contrived computer password, "AllahIsGreat", they uncovered Zarqawi's diabolical plan to *gasp*...kill America!!"

It's amateur night at the propaganda mill, I see.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Wow. Zaqwari is a slippery fellow, isn't he? Only slightly less slippery than James Bond. Bond of course being only slightly less slippery than Osama Bin Laden.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
justweirdone--check your watch again.

This is craP. fEB-20, and we haven't accomplshed anything . The violence has stepped-up. the new government is in a state of confussion, and chief, Bush can't get his social security give away to wall street, accomplished, because he's bamboozeled the American public about as much as he can.

By now rumsfield has tortured who ever that driver was, [if there was one,] or had him killed and Zarqwai was propably having tea ang women that night in Fallajuh.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

U.S. intelligence officials who were briefed on data gleaned from a computer taken after a Feb. 20 U.S. Special Forces ambush in Iraq — in which Zarqawi narrowly escaped — told the Post that they have discovered shocking new details about the growing threat to U.S. and Western interests posed by Zarqawi, who they say is rapidly eclipsing bin Laden in importance.The data in his computer reveals Zarqawi is directing scores of fanatics from Yemen, Saudi Arabia and other Arab states who volunteered for "martyrdom" missions in Iraq and other countries, sources said.

"The information has given us new insight into the scope of his operations outside of Iraq that we did not know about previously," a U.S. intelligence official familiar with the analysis told the Post.

The official said new secret counterterror operations have been launched by the CIA and intelligence services of other countries as a result of information in his laptop.

Sources said the computer files also yielded recent communications with al Qaeda leaders, including a message from bin Laden's No. 2 man, Ayman al-Zawahiri, in which he urged Zarqawi to expand his operations outside Iraq to include attacks on Americans in the United States.

The Department of Homeland Security released details of that message in a bulletin to law enforcement agencies last month.

www.foxnews.com...

Well this would explain where those cryptic reports that Zarqawi planned to attack within the US originated from. It seems odvious that he has been recruiting wherever he can all along so maybe this recovered data is reading like a playbook to detect his operational methods & patterns, allowing a glimpse inside his head to better anticipate his next strategy, but this additional convenient linkage to Ayman al-Zawahiri has the appearance of a psy-op. Why messages of al-Zawahiri & not bin Laden? Wherever these 2 are hiding at this point, they are probably together for survival's sake, with Mullah Omar close by.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
For all you people upset that nothing has happened since then, think about this. If you were a football coach and were getting ready to play the championship game, and you found the opposing teams playbook, what would you do? Return it? Announce to the world that you have it, or would you walk out on that field and shut them down?

I would plan my game accordingly. Dont let em know that I have it. Watch what they do, then retaliate accordingly. Not only will it confuse them, it will anger them, which will lead to carelessness. They cant win, cuz I know what they are going to do 10 minutes before they do.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
February 20, computer found.

Like a Mohammed Atta passport surviving intact at Ground Zero after passing through a blazing inferno in the Twin Towers.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

I have thought about contacting the MythBuster guys to see if a passport could survive this type of event.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I have thought about contacting the MythBuster guys to see if a passport could survive this type of event.

Yeah, the MythBuster guys are good scientists whose experiments provide valuable and accurate data. NOT. That show is bunk.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
To a certain extent I would agree, a lot of these reported events put any Hollywood script to shame. More details on the Zarqawi computer contents, another captured lieutenant, and his chauffeur:

Inside the truck, the official told ABC, U.S. troops found Zarqawi's computer and about $104,000.

NBC, quoting U.S. military sources, reported Tuesday that among the items seized with the laptop were several small plug-in hard drives. Numerous pictures of Zarqawi were found in the computer's "My Pictures" file, the network said.

Captured in the Feb. 20 operation was Talib Mikhlif Arsan Walman al-Dulaymi, also known as Abu Qutaybah, an Iraqi government announcement said at the time.

Qutaybah "filled the role of key lieutenant for the Zarqawi network, arranging safe houses and transportation as well as passing packages and funds" to Zarqawi, the government said.

It said Qutaybah was a known associate of other Zarqawi lieutenants already held by coalition forces, including Abu Ahmed, an al-Qaida-linked insurgent leader in the northern city of Mosul, who was detained Dec. 22.

During the same raid, Iraqi forces captured another Zarqawi aide who "occasionally acted as his driver," the government said. He was identified as Ahmad Khalid Marad Ismail al-Rawi, who also helped arrange meetings for al-Zarqawi. He also is known as Abu Uthman.

The Great Escape

top topics

join