It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Sponsored ID theft to bring in "the chip"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
...I have noticed a corrolation between these things and identity theft.

A potentially scary thought that "they" will never tell you about: If implanted ID chips become required of all citizens, you know for sure that these ID thieves won't simply close up shop & conduct a different criminal business. Consider the likelyhood of murder & disappearance cases going up because a it'll simply be added to the "ID Theft business". Since murder would be the best way to steal the chip & keep its previous owner quiet about the theft. As long as they can keep the victim's death secret, they can continue to make money from the stolen ID. This simply means a faster turn-over in usable ID's & much more profit because of this. So, a mugger won't simply threaten you with a weapon to get your wallet...Now they'll intentionally kill you so they can dig out the chip & hide your body so they can sell the chip to Black Market ID Thieves.

The Chip will not end the threat of Identity Theft...It will only increase the risk of being murdered !

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Wait till you see the government sponsored birth deformity epidemic to bring about legalization of human genetic engineering and embryo selection and cloning.
Oops. Where did that come from.

Considering the advances in genetic engineering that I know about, a day like that may be closer than you think...Considering what possible Gengineering advances may be happening that I know nothing about, that day may be closer than I think... :O
Okay...Off-topic again & right back on...

Originally posted by FreeThinking1
I do fear that given enough time these chips could be implemented just as the SS# and driver's licences were. We know what we stand to lose, but a couple of generations down the road may not. They will grow up surrounded by all this technology with no fear of what it can do and no memory of how it was beforehand. Just a thought.

That's how "they've" always been slipping such changes to us...Gradually, over a period of generations. Since the advent of Income Taxes, the government realized that the longer they could "keep it in place", the more that society in general would accept it as normal. I think the Internet screwed up that particular idea when lots of people actually started looking up what the laws actually say, instead of accepting what they've been told.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Card Systems a Tucson based credit card transaction company has now admitted that over 40 million (yes, 9 zeros) accounts have been compromised. The FBI has known this since the end of May and told the company not to say anything.

apnews.excite.com...

Holy crappy security, Batman!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Great thread!
I have always had a deep suspicion to the "Identity Theft" issue. What you said sounds very plausible to me. It just seems to fit in with the steps to eventually get the population to accept microchips because they need to. Isn't it so ironic that if this were to come about because of the "Identity Theft" problem, we would in a way be taking microchips for our own... privacy!

To answer the question posed in the thread title, with my own opinion, i would say "Yes", i have no proof, but i would certainly not be surpised if it was the case!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
My whole life I've been wondernig how it could ever remotely come to pass when so many people are against it, and will always be against it...

It will be accomphlished by gradual conditioning. It started with finding lost pets, then children, then senile grandparents. Perhaps a financial disaster will be employed. The motto of the Illuminati is "order through chaos." They create a problem and then the solution to the problem. The media will brainwash the populace until they accept it as a natural solution to a real life problem. Remember when homosexuality was totaly verboten? Through the power of the media, and militant homosexual activist groups, the public has been conditioned to accept homosexuality. Those who do not are run over.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Our freedom with be the concern in regards to microchips. Identity theft is easily preventable but they are purposefully making the checks and balances VERY lax and lose in order to create a problem in which to create a solution

People probably will not kill people for their chip because they will probably need a password , eye scan and or fingerprint scan or all of the above to activate the chip.. In other words a harvested chip would be worthless.

Check here for laws allowing loopholes in identity theft:

www.pirg.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
it is actually a little known law, that you NEVER have to surrender your SS# unless you are talking to a government agency... the sheep have been so complacient that almost all companies are now built on the assumption of using the ss# as an identifier... (illegally but without complaint)

I live in Canada and I use to work on a help desk that was outsourced for The Bank of America, support for bank employees not customers. Now every bank employee had a number that we used to reference them in the system. We were never allowed to ask for their SS#, obviously, we have no reason to and it's illegal (even we knew that). We would ask for their ID number at the beginning of the call and all of us on the help desk were amazed at how many would be like "Oh I don't know that, but my SS# is 'number'" or "I don't know can I just give you my SS# instead?" or they would just start the conversation with "Hi, my SS# is 'number'". We could have been harvesting SS# all day, we were so shocked how willing they were to give it out. We had to keep telling them that were weren't allowed to ask for it or use it and it is illegal for us to ask for it and some would still complain about us not being able to take it and having to go look up their employee number.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join