It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Sponsored ID theft to bring in "the chip"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I recently heard an interesting theory, and I felt like a moron for not having had the idea myself.
The government is doing virtually nothing to stop the drug trade or illegal immigration, and although I have only anecdotal evidence, I believe that I have noticed a corrolation between these things and identity theft. Where there are tweakers, there is ID theft, and illegal aliens need stolen SSNs in order to obtain employment.
Why would the government allow such things, and why has there been buzz about a change to the bankruptcy laws which would hold victims of ID theft responsible for such fraudulent charges?

Could this be like 9/11? A problem-solution setup designed to show us the "need" to sacrifice our privacy, in this case by having an Radio Frequency ID implanted in us?
At first an RFID doesn't sound that bad. So what, so they can scan your palm when you buy something and you'll never have to worry about fraud again right? But it is the nature of these things to grow, and sometimes to be abused. America started with no standing army, but once we got one there was no getting rid of it, and it wasn't long before President Jackson was threatening to lead troops into South Carolina over a tariff debate. The income tax was supposed to be a wartime measure, but when the war was over, the government grew in order to continue spending the money, and in fact began do demand MORE money. The black-box recorders in our cars now permanently log every time we exceed 80mph and there has been talk about the next generation being able to recieve transmit and recieve instructions so that you can be monitored, or you car be shut down by police or creditors.

So where will the chip go? Will there come a day when the chip monitors your blood for drugs? Will it be able to give a GPS fix on you? May perhaps it even one day allow others to transmit impulses to you to affect your mood? (Reminds me of THX1138, where people's employers required them to remain properly sedated at all times or face criminal charges).

But I'm getting ahead of myself. The possibilities for what it could do are far reaching as technology progresses. The main question is, who would want this, and are they setting us up to force us into it?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Government sponsored ID theft was a long theory of mine.

It will happen, they will bring the ID card in and then indirectly sponsor groups to steal peoples ID's on a mass scale and as soon as the fools cry out for a solution, the government will offer them the microchip and the fools with take it vs getting their ID stolen.

The ID card is the gateway to the chip.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
congrats...
you win the cupie doll...
and a brand new implanted security chip...

the Straussian US administration will soon find that you can not have your cake and subjugate it too...

the very thing they depended on to assure them the election will be the reason the chip will never be implanted...

Why? because: it is a sign of the beast... hallelueah... mighty mighty BOOYAA.

thanks Shrub... for insuring that the christian right has enough political power to screw up the plans of the neocons and NWO

now lets do something smart for a change, and require companies that have nothing to do with the Social Security office, to use an identifier besides the SS#...
it is actually a little known law, that you NEVER have to surrender your SS# unless you are talking to a government agency... the sheep have been so complacient that almost all companies are now built on the assumption of using the ss# as an identifier... (illegally but without complaint)

the next time someone asks for your social security #, ask them what government agency they are with... when they say "none" say "so why would you want my number that is only legally used by the social security department?... are you trying to steal my identity?"
it will stump them everytime... they will then say (illegally) that if you don't give it to them, they can't help you...

if enough people said "screw you" they would use a less universal identifier in the future, just to remain in business.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I was recently a victim of bank account fraud. My bank told me it was "domestic fraud". I know for a fact that it isn't my wife. I found it quite distressing when no one at the bank would access the proper ATM videos to prove my wife's innocence. The police told me that bank security had to access the videos and the bank told me the police had to demand to see the videos. I finally just closed the account. Even before this episode, I've thought that this would be how the government would propose the chip...to prevent identity theft. There are chips that run on bioheat to prevent a body part from being severed and used.

It starts with animals. It goes to vehicles...then criminals. The inferm, children, and government workers will be the first of the general populace. It will be a choice first, like credit cards; now more than 60-65% (if not more) of our transactions are electronic. Maybe when it reaches a certain percentage the government will say that God's name will be removed from all money...poof...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
you know what's funny!?

When I was in my late teens, I had a few friends who had expensive dogs as pets (and some for show). There was a point in time when they were all thinking about getting their dogs implanted with microchips that would be used in locating them had they run off or been stolen.

At the time we all thought it was the 'coolest' thing ever. Having technology in your pet so that you could always track it down.

Now... ten years later, I see things a little more clearly. Getting families familiar and comfortable with the idea of chips all started with the family dog. Why not? It's the perfect idea.

How many of us have dogs? How many times in your life have you heard or read, 'a dog is a mans best friend!' ? It's crazy when I think about how much I love animals, especially dogs. So if it's good enough for our dog, mans best friend, the family pet... then why not our children? Wouldn't you think that a child is more precious than an animal?

not only that... how often does the media cover child abductions? They scare us into thinking that our children are no longer safe. High ranking military officials engaged in combat overseas should also be fitted to safeguard against the threat of kidnapping.

it's unreal. All these reasons to implement the chip into society are popping up all around us. One after another.

As much as I hate it, there's nothing I can do about it. It's written. All we can do is sort ourselves out and just do our best to enjoy life.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Do other countries have problems with ID theft or is this an American problem? I don't ever hear news of these problems elsewhere.

Bank of America-1 million+ accounts
DSW-1.4 million+
Lexus Nexus-310,000+
ChoicePoint, Inc.-35,000+ Californians
GM Mastercard-180,000+

Major media coverage is only required if there are more than 500,000 or more identities stolen.

I'll look to see if there are any others that aren't reported.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Wait till you see the government sponsored birth deformity epidemic to bring about legalization of human genetic engineering and embryo selection and cloning.

Oops. Where did that come from.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yes. Even if it is off-topic...

Statistic: 80% of unborn children diagnosed with the possibility of being born with Downs syndrome are aborted.

Returns to original topic...

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Wait till you see the government sponsored birth deformity epidemic to bring about legalization of human genetic engineering and embryo selection and cloning.

Oops. Where did that come from.

Why wait when you can see it now? Was I misinformed when i heard that peanut allergies, autism, and other such defects were sharply on the rise for no apparent reason? America is going to hell in a shopping cart (or in a fast food bag, for those of you who don't ever go to the store anymore). They're pumping us full of a million things that can really screw us up- at best because it's the best way to make a buck, at worst because they consciously realize that they stand to benefit in some way from reducing our life expectancy.
If I wasn't such a pathetic creature of habit I'd really be considering the raw foodist thing to avoid that stuff.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
They are doing these things, because even those of us who sleep with one eye open, are being herded exactly where they want us to be.
Sure there are these outer limits groups that talk on conspiracies and other such topics in non discretion, but those few are blind as well.

It's amazing how much truth they can give us, with being simply sugar coated in a lie, and we'll soak it up quickly, and discard that truth as if it were never there in the first place.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Here's another good read on this crapola of an IDea...

www.rense.com...

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I ts absolutly terrifying, all the possibilities, If they ever do force ID chips upon us I shall leave this country and never return

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Our cards are getting the chip...
internetnews.com...
story.news.yahoo.com...

They've coined the term "blinking" as you can see...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If people will ever be chipped, it will not just be an ID number in that chip.

Today the best are the biometric cards, that may be chipped too. In order to use these chipped cards fast within a country, a well developed network would be required, any failure would cause a breakdown. So currently the best is to use more cards for different occasions (travel, banking, ID, etc).

But in this current system the implant just cannot be handled, the security may not be better.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I have also heard about there being a sort of medical chip inserted in the skin,and if the chip is in the right hand or forhead a lot of people might go nuts over it and not accept it.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here are a couple of interesting links. The second link shows the future store.

Link

Link

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Isn't it just nice to have chips in your dog's foodbag or in your shaving pack? This is b.s. I wish there was a way to take down that alien company and maybe even the government

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Add CitiBank to the list. They just lost more than 4 million accounts. I also found out TimeWarner has lost accounts. It would be one thing if these were small companies or numbers of accounts, but we're talking about MAJOR CORPORATIONS and DOZENS of MILLIONS of accounts.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
Yes. Even if it is off-topic...

Statistic: 80% of unborn children diagnosed with the possibility of being born with Downs syndrome are aborted.

Returns to original topic...

I have a daughter with Downs Syndrome. Those 80% are missing out on one of the greatest experiences of their life. It's sad, really. (I know, I know..off the subject!)

I do fear that given enough time these chips could be implemented just as the SS# and driver's licences were. We know what we stand to lose, but a couple of generations down the road may not. They will grow up surrounded by all this technology with no fear of what it can do and no memory of how it was beforehand. Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I normally stay out of NWO discussions because they just make me mad at the same rehashed garbage about triangles and the Illuminati. But this caught my eye, because just yesterday I was thinking the same exact thing:

Is all this identity theft being "allowed" on purpose?

Identity theft just keeps increasing each year. The methods of theft have apparently become so sophisticated and easy that you can be as careful as is humanly possible, and yet your information is hacked from some company no one has ever heard from.

The systems in place to stop, halt, or even slow identity theft are a very messy joke, and I'm not seeing any serious legislation or enforcement of security policies to try and make the situation more difficult. If so much as a check is stolen, you can report it to the police, the county, CheckTronix, and other places, and STILL end up with hundreds of forged checks clearing stores that never bother to check ID or call. It's basically a lottery at this point, there simply isn't a way to protect yourself fully, because all the information you can protect is stored....somwhere... You can only hope to beat the odds.

This got me thinking about the whole "mark of the beast" thing, where one cannot buy or engage in any commerce without it. My whole life I've been wondernig how it could ever remotely come to pass when so many people are against it, and will always be against it...

...but if the only other alternative is to consistantly have your bank funds drained by hackers, your credit destroyed by thieves, and your vital information pimped out to the highest bidder, it's not like you can buy anything anyway...

And thus the idea of the mark of the beast becomes gradually more and more appealing. I shiver to think about it, but this seems like the most reasonable option, even knowing the prophecy in advance.

Sometimes I wish I were Amish.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join