It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pic of alien real or not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just examine the shadows and you will realize it is not even a good hoax. It�s fake as hell. The playing of light and shadow is enough, not to mention the finish of the alien itself...

Must be another of those disinformation snaps.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Why does this alien appear to be wearing a cocktail dress and short jacket?

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graham
hi guys

anyone seen this photo b4 it apparently shows an alien with us military police can't really tell if the photo has been altered what do you's think

Graham

www.iwasabducted.com...

This is a tricky 1 usually i am good at telling whether photos are genuine or not cant really tell, cos the pic quality is not so good

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
the aliens face kind of looks like a Klingon face. with the raised eyebrows that come off the nose. give him some funny ridges on his forhead and he'd be a short klingon. and it looks like the soldier on the left, his hand that is on the aliens shoulder has been fudged or rotated to it's as if his palm is facing out. why would the soldier have his hand in this position and not just placed on the creatures shoulder? so i guess what i'm saying is if i were a betting man, this was faked.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I like to remind some peoples that most pictures from the net are indeed " photoshopped" eg they process it to get it online.
understand, so only if you have the original you can say it's fak e or not.

I'm tired of peoples who say it's fake based on the "online" pic or video. Of course you can't judge because it's NOT the original and some photoshop or any other imagine editing software filter creates artifacts... Please keep that in mind ok...

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Fake...

For reasons already mentioned, as well as it just doesn't "feel" right......

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelG
Why does this alien appear to be wearing a cocktail dress and short jacket?

Maybe they went for drinks, music and some dancing afterwards?

you never know maybe it was a little trendsetter on its little planet.

[Edited on 29-7-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

[Edited on 29-7-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

oui

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Looking at this picture, if I were to, have to give my opinion on it, as a photographer, I would say this...

SHADOWS ON THE SUBJECT...

The shadows for the most part look acurate. Hotspot on the aliens bald scalp looks authentic, and we can tell that the light source is coming from the high bottom right corner of the photo. This can be seen from the direction the shadow is pointing. The shadows on the MP in the back left do look a tad bit off, but this can be due to some objects we cannot see in the photo.

SHADOWS PRODUCED BY THE SUBJECT...

The main shadows that give me the biggest gripe is the ones the MP, and alien are producing. Theres something just not right about it, and I cant put my finger on it, but it just looks "not in shape" or something like that...

Side info...

For the most part, as far as the alien being in focus, and the background not in focus, this can be caused by the f/ stop the photographer was using. Nothing to fishy about that...

The alien does look a little fake though, well I can't say "looks fake" because I never have seen one, but it doesn't look what I thought an alien would look like... Maybe its that mask, and respirator, or something...

The MP on the right. Theres something about his mouth. I believe he's smiling. Find his nose, then follow it down his face to his mouth. Its quite grainy, but is that a smile I see? Not only that, but the lighting around that area, (by the hot spot) of his face is not solid at all. Infact the shadows caused by it, indicates a depression below the cheek, like the ones caused by some one smiling, or screaming. Try it yourself! Put 2 fingers on your cheek, and give a nice smile (Smile at the birdy)(Make sure you dont grin, SMILE...:duh
, and you can feel that your cheek muscles raised up abit, to make you smile. Because of this raised surface on the face, a shadow is formed below it, due to the lighting, which indicates a smile, or perhaps some type of mouth movement? Perhaps words, or orders? Perhaps he's saying "Hey Jeff"(The Alien) "I like your cocktail dress"... maybe not...

Anyhow, thats just my general, 5 minute overview of the picture.

[Edit] oh, yeah I almost forgot... I'm not saying the photo is fake or not, I'm just telling you all the information I can gather from just looking at it...

[Edit 2] Oh yeah, one more thing. Dont follow his nose straight down, follow it at a 45 degree angle (just follow the face)... Infact if you do follow it straight down (90 degrees), you'll see a button, or pin on his lapel. The alleged "smile" is to the right of it.

[Edited on 30-7-2003 by oui]

[Edited on 30-7-2003 by oui]

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think the shadow fixation is misguided, if the shadows are wrong, then it still doesn't answer how it was made, it wasn't a p'shop job.

Could it be a still from a 50's movie?

Like "Attack of the martians during cocktail hour"

..or..

Alien handbook on mixing with the natives

Lesson 1
Dress sence.
When visiting earth be sure to take a clean cocktail dress and a nice WW2 bomber jacket, you will fit in so well you will be practically invisible.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Is it me or is the MP on the left hovering? He has no feet. The socks of the MP on the right are visible (shadow on the lar left of his left foot), but the socks of the MP on the left look completely transparent. Wouldnt his shoes distort the "alien's" shadow? Or at least you'd be able to actually see his feet, the shadow is unusually dark.

(BTW i am new here so hi!
)

[Edited on 1-8-2003 by ijack]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join