It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis arrest 40 Christians for praying!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Softwareman1
How can Bush embrace these people at his ranch when they arrest Christians for praying?

Does the word Hypocrite ring a bell?

Last night on Scarbrough Country they showed where the Number 3 man in SA was calling for young men to go and Fight in Iraq against us. Does that sound like an ally to you? Other countries are threatened for less then the Saudis openly do but Bush holds hands with them.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Other countries are threatened for less then the Saudis openly do but Bush holds hands with them.

They own him.

Those photos are proof.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well without reading this entire thread I can already tell there are people posting on something they know little about. Saudi Arabia is a Dark Ages like Kingdom with modern tech and weaponry. They Stone Adultresses(much like what happened the other day in some other Arab country forget which one though) they amputate hands for theft, anything and everything you read about in the History Textbooks of what went down regularly in OUR society hundreds of years ago are still common practice for quite alot of people. For some people the Dark Ages never stopped and it's sad really. In Saudi they even have roads marked Mosloms Only! You are not going to change that country overnight infact that country will probably NEVER change if my experiences have taught me anything. Morality Police outnumber regulary police 5 to 1, they have spies EVERWHERE and most likely electronically spy on quite a few foreigners. It's a really sad state of affairs over there and JJ those of us who know about Saudi from First Hand experiences also know that PROTESTING about it will not do ANYTHING AT ALL! The USA is partly to blame for the continuing status-quo by not putting enough pressure on the Saudi Royal Cartel to Democratize(what can you do when they have the Oil though? And it's also in the USA's best interests that Saudi be Stable and the most stable form atm is a Opressive Monarchy).

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
How could the American revolution be inspired by the French revolution when the American revolution ended something like 6 years before the French started theirs.

You are right, my bad, what I mean is the ideological support of the French to the American revolution and how it influenced the patriots to keep fighting against the British.
college.hmco.com...

Originally posted by AlfredENewman
My arguemnt runs simply like this: how can you stereotype a whole people simply by their faith or religion?? Or by the country they live in? I live in a "Christian" society, and, in my Life have been a confirmed Church of England member (Churchwarden in fact) but I know of "Christians" here who would do me great harm ....

I am not stereotyping anybody, I know that there are Muslims in the world that do exhibit compassion at times but for the region in concern what I have said is pretty accurate. Islam in SA sees all other religions as demonic at best; people of other faiths are seen as some low beings ignorant to the Muslim holiness etc BS!
You live in a Christian Society and do you see people being dragged out of their homes for praying to other religions? Do you see a 'religious police'[yes, SA has a special religious police!!] watching you continuously if you are deviating from the path of their absurd religion? Do you have customs agents in your country that physically check peoples bags for religious items such as religious books or pendants etc and confiscate them if found??
I don't think so, their is some thing known as human decency and values which unfortunately have not been a major part of their religion and thus their psychotic zealotry!!
Sure Nazi's and skinheads and all are bad but they are not advocated by Christianity!? As a matter of fact the Nazi's were atheistic and did not support any religion. Also Christianity doesn't promote Anti-Semitism and we know this: Luke 23:34: "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.”.

Equally, because of my job, I meet with many from different faiths - including (shock horror) Muslims - why, just a fortnight ago I was at a Careers Fair held in a local Pakistani and Bangladeshi Community Centre. Did I feel nervous? Did I carry a gun?

Firstly you cannot carry guns as easily in the UK!
You have me wrong again, I don't think that all of these Mohammedan are overzealous, Pakistani’s and some of the other educated and progressive Muslims are better of marginally in their views but they are seen as deviants from the true hardcore savagery that exists in SA, the very act of questioning their religion or criticizing it bring them death threats AKA 'fatawa' from their religious fanatics in SA. Ex: Salman Rasddi*spelling*.
How can they justify such kind of zealotry?? Why does no other religion in the world posses the same kind of deranged ideology?? Maybe it could be because its wrong!! Right and wrong are not alien concepts to mankind, these are not arbitrary nor are they negotiable; all civilized religions on earth portray killing as evil and teach compassion, not propagate revenge and hatred.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
In Saudi they even have roads marked Mosloms Only! You are not going to change that country overnight infact that country will probably NEVER change if my experiences have taught me anything. Morality Police outnumber regulary police 5 to 1, they have spies EVERWHERE and most likely electronically spy on quite a few foreigners.

Too True, Sardion2000! Too True!!
those roads marked muslims only are their in Mecca, they don't allow non muslims into the entire city! Can you belive that?? They consider non-muslims as defilers, they say that their presence would defile thier mosque? Now that is ludacrios!

That doesn't happen in the VAtican does it? Or in any Hindu temple ? No. For all I know you can be blessed by pope even if your not a christian and sure you can enter any hindu temple as long as you take your shoes off!
This religion is sick and these people dont know how to cure it themselves and are unwilling to admit that its sick. I think the need some sort off renaisance or something to that extent to bring Islam to the 20th century if no the 21st century.(heck even the 18th century will do!!:@@

The USA is partly to blame for the continuing status-quo by not putting enough pressure on the Saudi Royal Cartel to Democratize(what can you do when they have the Oil though? And it's also in the USA's best interests that Saudi be Stable and the most stable form atm is a Opressive Monarchy).

the Saudi royalists who are in power now are considered as moderates and even their power is meger compared to the power of the Saudi Muslim Clerics, they weild the ultimate power in SA, no doubt about that!
If you remember a few years ago in SA the royals lost control of the Mecca when some redicals took control of the mosque! The ruler of SA is basically the custodian of the two holy mosques and without them they lose their right to rule.
I'd say that in say 250 years when the worlds oil supply is over and we are into the alternate fuel age, can we treat these people as they should be treated. They would realise by then their vunerability when their oil is over what the world truely thinks of them, sad we can't do it now.
In all fairness we should have invaded SA instead of Afganistan and Iraq that is where the problem roots from, they have he money to fund terrorists. We pay them and buy oil and they use that money to arm terrorists.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Well without reading this entire thread I can already tell there are people posting on something they know little about.

Sometimes its best to read the whole thread before commenting. Have you ever been there? If so, what was the nature of your business there?

Saudi Arabia is a Dark Ages like Kingdom with modern tech and weaponry. They Stone Adultresses(much like what happened the other day in some other Arab country forget which one though) they amputate hands for theft, anything and everything you read about in the History Textbooks of what went down regularly in OUR society hundreds of years ago are still common practice for quite alot of people.

This is not news to anyone. That's their society, their culture. Many of them see us (in the West) as infidels and our culture as being thoroughly hedonistic hellbound. Bottom line: stay outta Saudi if you agree w/it; and they should stay IN Saudi and out of the west.

For some people the Dark Ages never stopped and it's sad really. In Saudi they even have roads marked Mosloms Only!

Where exactly are you talking about? I've been all over that country and I never saw that. There weren't all that many roads to begin with.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Wait, so if I go to a country and break the law, I am not suppose to be punished? So, someone from a country that doesn't exactly have a rigid set of laws comes here and kills, rapes, murders, can' be punished cause in his country there aren't any written laws against it? Hell, then the 9/11 people didn't commit any crimes, killing infidels isn't a crime in Saudi Arabia, so why should we punish anyone connected to 9/11? Great logic people, great logic.

On a side note, kinda like say, a member of the Bush Faction goes to a different country, talking about how Fidel is evil and we must nuke Cuba, then goes on to smoke Cuban Cigars, something illegal in this country.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join