It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iran plans to knock out U.S. with 1 nuclear bomb with electro-magnetic pulse

page: 9
0
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Also 27jd, have you ever considered that threatening a country will likely result in threats made back at you? Probably not....


I've never threatened anybody. Have you ever considered that complaining about foreign policy to a civilian with no military or legislative authority whatsoever is a waste of time? Probably not....



Are you really that, um..., can't you see that threats are made against the US, because threats were made by the US first?


Have you ever bothered to research Iran's state sponsorship of terrorism against not only the U.S., but many other targets since the late seventies, long before Bush was threatening anybody but frogs (not meaning french people, but actual frogs)?



Fine, go blow the crap out of another country, I am sure it will make you all feel very proud.


No I wouldn't be proud at all. I hate war, and I truly hope Iran gives up it's nuclear weapons program through peaceful means. The world can do without anymore wars. Maybe you shouldn't judge people so quickly.




posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
but frogs (not meaning french)



Well finally someone has cornered the Iranian poster, on more than one lie.

After reading all that , Hell I want to move to Iran. Oh wait, I am a Christian and that would not be advisable.

As for Bin Ladin being an arch enemy of Iran, uh duh, but one small thing you forget,

the enemy of your enemy is your friend........Bin Ladin and many Al Queada where given shelter in Iran when the US was in Afghanistan, maybe the mullahs didn't know about it, but I would put the odds of that as the same as Iran never fired harpoons at surface ships carrying oil to Europe in the 1980's.

Someone else already called you on the no 'Death to America" in parliament so I will drop that for now...

The question I have is very plain and simple,

If Iran is such a peaceful nation as you say, then why does it fund terrorism in places ALL around the world not just against the Jews in which you want to see burned......simple.....why?

Truth is, your Islamic revolution has set you back many years both technological and in other ways, you are trying to play catch up. Iranians that I know are VERY smart, if given the freedom to live their lives as they see fit, Iran would be the Biggest Power in the Middle East..




Esther.....


[edit on 29-4-2005 by edsinger]


cjf

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siroos
Yes there are still some remaining anti-American graffiti on murals through the capital city, but most of it is old, from the first decade after the revolution, and much of it is paling away on its own.


Hmmm....(Excerpt AFP, 21 Sept 2004)



"IRAN showed off its range of ballistic missiles at an annual military parade today, with the rockets draped in banners vowing to "crush America" and "wipe Israel off the map"
Article Link

or another reference here or here's one in 2003


Originally posted by Siroos
This is nonsense U.S. and zionist propaganda at its worst and cheapest!


It is propaganda of a sort, but not the kind your trying to sell.

I do really enjoy this masterful 'peace loving' quote from Television First Program Network, IRIB, October 4, 1996, by the the First Deputy Speaker of the Assembly of Experts, Teheran, Iran.

"How many times have I said this to you that any weapon that kills human beings is banned by Islam, mass destruction weapons in particular. Initially it has banned them. However, if someone has embarked on this banned activity and produced weapons, it is incumbent upon you to make more superior ones."

Really, the US does not need to 'Saddamize' Iran, the governing bodies and/or entities of Iran have been audibly talking themselves literally to death for well over twenty years. The 'Mullaharchy' and its' historical, present and future aspirations are the root. It is all there for everyone to read and watch from hundreds upon hundreds of sources and it's no secret.



posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well it looks like there will be some more crap spread now from the peace loving nation of Iran that has only been exploited by the Western Nations.


Iran nuclear dispute talks fail

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- The European Union's so-called "Big Three" and Iran have failed to reach agreement over Tehran's nuclear program but decided to hold more talks in the future.

Iran had threatened before the five-hour meeting on Friday to resume sensitive atomic activities unless France, Britain and Germany agreed to allow it to carry out small-scale uranium enrichment.

"The informal talks have concluded. No conclusions were reached and both sides, the EU Three and Iran, have agreed to go away and reflect on what was discussed and to continue the discussions in future," said a British Foreign Office spokesman.

No immediate comment was available from Iran, accused by the United States of having a secret agenda to develop nuclear weapons. Tehran denies the U.S. charge, saying its nuclear program is solely for the generation of power.

The EU's three biggest powers, which share Washington's concerns, are spearheading talks aimed at persuading Iran to scrap its atomic fuel program in exchange for economic and political incentives. Tehran has so far refused.

The latest proposal from Tehran suggests it be allowed to build up its uranium enrichment program in stages, beginning with a small "pilot" enrichment plant and ending with a commercial-scale complex.
Link






[edit on 30-4-2005 by edsinger]



posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well It seems many here thought the likelyhood of this was B.S.

Well keep thinking that.....but others know better



Ex-CIA chief warns of EMP nuke threat - Woolsey calls on U.S. to defend against devastating 'Scud-in-a-bucket' attack

Posted: May 2, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Joseph Farah
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – Former CIA chief James Woolsey affirms the work of a special commission investigating the threat of a nuclear-bomb generated electromagnetic pulse attack on the U.S. by rogue states or terrorists and is urging the country to take steps necessary to protect against the potentially devastating consequences.

In testimony before the House International Terrorism and Non-Proliferation Subcommittee, chaired by Ed Royce, R-Calif., Woolsey, director of the CIA from 1993 through 1995, referred to the nuclear EMP threat, characterized in intelligence circles, he said, as "a SCUD in a bucket."


WND Exclusive HOMELAND INSECURITY
Ex-CIA chief warns
of EMP nuke threat
Woolsey calls on U.S. to defend against devastating 'Scud-in-a-bucket' attack
Posted: May 2, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Joseph Farah
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – Former CIA chief James Woolsey affirms the work of a special commission investigating the threat of a nuclear-bomb generated electromagnetic pulse attack on the U.S. by rogue states or terrorists and is urging the country to take steps necessary to protect against the potentially devastating consequences.

In testimony before the House International Terrorism and Non-Proliferation Subcommittee, chaired by Ed Royce, R-Calif., Woolsey, director of the CIA from 1993 through 1995, referred to the nuclear EMP threat, characterized in intelligence circles, he said, as "a SCUD in a bucket."

"That is a simple ballistic missile from a stockpile somewhere in the world outfitted on something like a tramp steamer and fired from some distance offshore into an American city or to a high altitude, thereby creating an electromagnetic pulse effect, which could well be one of the most damaging ways of using a nuclear weapon," he said.

Woolsey commended the Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from EMP Attack for its years of work on the subject and for its dire report concluding that it is a means of attack that could lead to the defeat of the U.S. by a much smaller enemy and utter devastation of the country.

NUKE EMP Threat



posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well I will be the first to admit when I find information that I trust that does not necessarily agree with what I thought. I am not saying there is no threat but to not add this to the discussion would be wrong,

EMP SCAREMONGERS FIZZLE
It sounds scary – like comic book super-villain scary – at first, this idea that Iran is plotting to hit American with a king-sized electromagnetic pulse, triggered by a nuke in the skies. Luckily, it's a scenario about as realistic as the X-Men.



For years, a group of right-wing defense policy makers have been warning about the dangers of an EMP assault. Their "latest evidence," according to Internet tinhat-factory World NetDaily: a Tehran "military journal" article that "publicly considered the idea of launching an electromagnetic pulse attack as the key to defeating the world's lone superpower."

Aha! Exclaimed Peter Pry, with Congress' Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse Attack. "We cannot rule out that Iran, the world's leading sponsor of international terrorism might provide terrorists with the means to executive an EMP attack against the United States."

Maybe so. I mean, what can be categorically ruled out these days? Oh, there is one thing we can say for sure, Bouphonia observes: That "journal" article doesn't prove a damn thing.


First and foremost, [the journal article] contains no discussion of an EMP attack against the United States.

For that matter, it contains no discussion of an EMP attack against anyone.

In fact, it contains no mention of nuclear weapons whatsoever.

Yes, friends, you heard me correctly. This eight-year-old article, which a gaggle of "defense experts" is currently presenting as evidence for Iran's intention to launch an EMP attack using nuclear weapons, does not discuss the use of nuclear weapons, and does not discuss EMP attacks. Not once.


Curses! Foiled again!


EMP SCAREMONGERS FIZZLE



posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
OK things are getting serious now and something needs to be done. the Europeans need to get damn serious or things will get out of hand very quickly. The World ecnomy could not recover from this type of attack.




Iran plans to knock out U.S. with 1 nuclear bomb with electro-magnetic pulse

Iran plans to knock out
U.S. with 1 nuclear bomb
Tests missiles for electro-magnetic pulse weapon that could destroy America's technical infrastructure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 25, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin is an online, subscription intelligence news service from the creator of WorldNetDaily.com – a journalist who has been developing sources around the world for almost 30 years.
By Joseph Farah
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com


WASHINGTON -- Iran is not only covertly developing nuclear weapons, it is already testing ballistic missiles specifically designed to destroy America's technical infrastructure, effectively neutralizing the world's lone superpower, say U.S. intelligence sources, top scientists and western missile industry experts.

The radical Shiite regime has conducted successful tests to determine if its Shahab-3 ballistic missiles, capable of carrying a nuclear warhead, can be detonated by a remote-control device while still in high-altitude flight.

Scientists, including President Reagan's top science adviser, William R. Graham, say there is no other explanation for such tests than preparation for the deployment of Electromagnetic Pulse weapons – even one of which could knock out America's critical electrical and technological infrastructure, effectively sending the continental U.S. back to the 19th century with a recovery time of months or years.

Iran plans to knock out U.S. with 1 nuclear bomb with electro-magnetic pulse




Another story:

Iran's imminent threat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 25, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern


© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com


The news that Iran has successfully tested missiles capable of detonating nuclear weapons at high altitude – thus creating a devastating ElectroMagnetic Pulse attack that could cripple the United States – should be a wakeup call to all Americans.

It's one thing to face one Pearl Harbor sneak attack in the course of a war. It will be another to face two.

Unless President Bush gets serious about homeland security by securing the borders and preparing the nation's infrastructure against an EMP attack, there's little point in continuing the charade of screening airline passengers for cigarette lighters.

Our national security priorities are a sad joke.

We're running out of time.

We've been pretending too long that America is not really vulnerable. We're been pretending for too long that we can fight the war against evil Islamist totalitarianism on offense alone. We've been pretending we've made strides in securing the homeland since Sept. 11.



Iran's imminent threat





Edit

Mentioned below as a reference a good article on the 'whats' of this type of attack


EMP bomb

thanks for the link Alias Jones


[edit on 25-4-2005 by edsinger]



They find out Iran is working on ballistic missiles and there conclusion is that they are gonna target the US with a nuclearbomb????


Wtf logic is that???Thats like accusing someone who buys condoms in a store of having plans to rape a bunch of women!

Anyone who even considers these conclusions should get a serious headcheck.
How stupid and guilable do they think american citizens are???!
Would be a nice question for dubya to answer



posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by motionknightAnyone who even considers these conclusions should get a serious headcheck.
How stupid and guilable do they think american citizens are???!
Would be a nice question for dubya to answer



Did you even read the part about the testing of these so called missiles and warheads?



posted on May, 14 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Heres a thread for you ED

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
Anyone who even considers these conclusions should get a serious headcheck.
How stupid and guilable do they think american citizens are???!
Would be a nice question for dubya to answer



thats why no other country has a dream ( aka the great american dream )
unlike the rest of the world which doesnt day dream 24/7 ( you would have to have watched the comedy on ITV ages ago to know what i ment )

americans dream up the idea's then try to present it to the world with little facts + alot of fiction



posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
hahahaha...


That's the stupidest thing I've heard yet. You want to know why? Because I'm currently living here and nothing like that has been said. Iran doesn't want to have any political ties with America-not bomb it.

Another sad thing is how anything other countries are doing-the U.S. (I'm American also) has to stick its nose in it. If we're to look at the world in this view-so many of those European countries have nuclear techonology-Germany, France, Russia, et cetra. Why not accuse them? Or maybe the Japanese? I'm sure after what we did to Hiroshima and Nakasaki they'd love pay back. Even our own U.S. of A has made their bombs but no one complains. This is the Bush Administration's way oftaking over the Middle East and making everything for their own. They took Iraq, and Afghanistan-but the real gold mine is between these two. Either some sort of nice oil pipe line or something even bigger.

As for other things, these two countries are at it behind the curtains... lol so I don't think there's much to think about. The Americans put the Mullahs in there thinking it's for the own benefit.



posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
i havent read all the post but i hoipe you all know that an EMP blast comes from a nuke being set off i think it is the 2nd wave

1st - light
2nd - emp
3rd - heat
4th - winds(explosive forces)

i could be wrong but im pretty sure a nuke consist of all of these waves, and in my opinion the most devestating is the 3rd, b/c its litterally 1 million degress and decinegrates everything within its covered area.

but dont forgot each wave has its own covered path, and i think in order from 1-4 is longest to shortest radius.



posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Geez, dont you ever have any good news?

Jimminy crickets, every time i read some of your threads i want to go get a sharp knife and end it all.
Where are you getting all this doom from and (i'm not mocking you) but for all we know, Iran better watch it or we'll knock them off with an EMP. We also have the technology, you know.
Are you suggesting we DO IT first?

You, Ed, need to relax-



posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Thats it, time to get my hands dirty. Dubya cant do it, then I will.

I have some camo shorts and a Leatherman tool. Ill own them all. Im heading over, whos with me?

We will need food, whos got a cooler?



I will bring my leatherman, the beer and the ice, lets go!

Seriously though, It isn't reasonable for Iran to attack the U.S., we have many thousands of warheads in hardened bunkers, on missile subs, on cruise missiles, and even nuclear artillery shells. Iran knows it would cease to exist if it attacked the U.S. with nukes and the rest of the world would offer only sympathy and congratulations. The nukes are there as a deterrent against their old enemies, like Iraq. Another thing, nobody with a nuke and an ICBM needs a remote control to detonate the thing over a target.

And, what makes you think we can't burn an ICBM out of the sky during boost or coast phase prior to it going off. My guess is that the U.S. has the tech to do so. After all they have been working on it since the Reagan administration (or possibly earlier).

[edit on 25-7-2005 by CaptAvatar]



posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
All nuclear weapons will send an magnetic pulse especialy when detonated in air burst. Also the retalitory response would mean total distruction of Iran



posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

Originally posted by edsinger
OK things are getting serious now and something needs to be done. the Europeans need to get damn serious or things will get out of hand very quickly. The World ecnomy could not recover from this type of attack.




Iran plans to knock out U.S. with 1 nuclear bomb with electro-magnetic pulse

Iran plans to knock out
U.S. with 1 nuclear bomb
Tests missiles for electro-magnetic pulse weapon that could destroy America's technical infrastructure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 25, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin is an online, subscription intelligence news service from the creator of WorldNetDaily.com – a journalist who has been developing sources around the world for almost 30 years.
By Joseph Farah
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com


WASHINGTON -- Iran is not only covertly developing nuclear weapons, it is already testing ballistic missiles specifically designed to destroy America's technical infrastructure, effectively neutralizing the world's lone superpower, say U.S. intelligence sources, top scientists and western missile industry experts.

The radical Shiite regime has conducted successful tests to determine if its Shahab-3 ballistic missiles, capable of carrying a nuclear warhead, can be detonated by a remote-control device while still in high-altitude flight.

Scientists, including President Reagan's top science adviser, William R. Graham, say there is no other explanation for such tests than preparation for the deployment of Electromagnetic Pulse weapons – even one of which could knock out America's critical electrical and technological infrastructure, effectively sending the continental U.S. back to the 19th century with a recovery time of months or years.

Iran plans to knock out U.S. with 1 nuclear bomb with electro-magnetic pulse




Another story:

Iran's imminent threat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 25, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern


© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com


The news that Iran has successfully tested missiles capable of detonating nuclear weapons at high altitude – thus creating a devastating ElectroMagnetic Pulse attack that could cripple the United States – should be a wakeup call to all Americans.

It's one thing to face one Pearl Harbor sneak attack in the course of a war. It will be another to face two.

Unless President Bush gets serious about homeland security by securing the borders and preparing the nation's infrastructure against an EMP attack, there's little point in continuing the charade of screening airline passengers for cigarette lighters.

Our national security priorities are a sad joke.

We're running out of time.

We've been pretending too long that America is not really vulnerable. We're been pretending for too long that we can fight the war against evil Islamist totalitarianism on offense alone. We've been pretending we've made strides in securing the homeland since Sept. 11.



Iran's imminent threat





Edit

Mentioned below as a reference a good article on the 'whats' of this type of attack


EMP bomb

thanks for the link Alias Jones


[edit on 25-4-2005 by edsinger]



They find out Iran is working on ballistic missiles and there conclusion is that they are gonna target the US with a nuclearbomb????


Wtf logic is that???Thats like accusing someone who buys condoms in a store of having plans to rape a bunch of women!

Anyone who even considers these conclusions should get a serious headcheck.
How stupid and guilable do they think american citizens are???!
Would be a nice question for dubya to answer




posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
Maybe we should paint the caddy in camo colors. What is best? Camo or candy apple red, white and blue?


How about painting it in police black & white and strap a giant loudspeaker to the top ala the Blues Brothers?



Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
I forgot...we still need a grill and some food. MRE's just won't cut it for this adventure. Any ideas for a grill?


I think you either have to go for the classic Weber on this one, or perhaps The 'Q' portable gas grill.



posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is just one bomb, right ?
One nuke to generate enough EMP to take out the entire US in some capacity ?
Ignoring the affects on Mexico, Cuba, Canada and other US neighbours - is this even likely ?
It'd have to be a big bomb, why waste it - why not just aim for NYC or Washington and detonate it 100mtrs off the ground ...

Or is it perhaps a different infrastructure you are after ? Military stuff is going to be hardened anyway, and decoupled as soon as a satellite sees the launch, so I can't see that being too affected. I guess you could cause civilian disruption, power plant or dam control room issues ... but I really can't see this affecting the whole country ?

What if your target was the satellite infrastructure. How would detonating a high-atmosphere nuke affect LEO satellites ?
Now maybe that would bring the country to a standstill ...

I did read about sats being a possible EMP target for NK, but I have no idea where now of course.

How hard are they - lots of delicate electronics, but they live in a fairly electrically hostile environment, so maybe I'm just talking rubbish ?



posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This seems to be dismissed to easily imho, you need to do the checking as both the USSR and USA well knew the effects and most serious military equipment would survive but as for the grand majority, well do you research, don't take my word for it...

Actually I can't see why they wouldnt try it if they needed to actually do some damage....more than killing one city as that would ensure them a very ugly response.



posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
okay here is the logic;as we all know US has a lot of a capabilities in space,airstrike ands missille tech a around this globe.actually it is very easy for US SPACE ALERTS AND RESPONSED TEAM to destroy any ENEMY MISSILLE if crossing any of US ALLIES country.
if no action be taken so what the SPACE PLATFORM for??? dont forget that


Psssst i know the weakness



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

log in

join