It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran plans to knock out U.S. with 1 nuclear bomb with electro-magnetic pulse

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaosLots of replies on this thread. All according to plan, I'm sure.

shhhh I am huntin wabbits

Originally posted by DeltaChaosTo employ a nuclear weapon against the United States...

And you think this is not a threat?

Originally posted by DeltaChaosWell, they better not get caught, I don't care who sets it off, because were it known who did it, they would be signing their death warrants. To attack like this would be a suicide mission. An act of desperations, without hope of ever recovering from the obvious repercussions.

Dont you get it? They don't mind suicide, its an honor to do Allah's work and kill the Great Satan. Thing is they will not do it openly, a missle will not be launched from Iran....unless the somehow think they can win with one shot, hence the reason for the thread, no plan, just facts.

Originally posted by DeltaChaosIf it is so obvious to anyone and everyone at this point in time, which this thread seems to suggest, then Iran would really have no choice but to NOT attack in this way. Unless, of course they just wanted to sacrifice themselves for the glory and exhaltation of the terrorist anti-American movement that seems all the rage right now. And that would just be stupid. Ask any Iranian.

Those that I have talked to want the US to knock the government out as they can not stand them anymore than they could the Shah.

Originally posted by DeltaChaosIran has a lot going for it in the mid to long term. Hell, it even has things going for it in the short term. Now tell me, why would they risk all of that?

Well considering only the price of oil has balanced the books and made the economy grow, growth under the theocracy has been nil and the average wage has actually went backward.

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Edsinger, when I read your posts, I sometimes wonder who's side you're on. I know your history to a great enough degree to know you're really on our side, but it's usually just so inflammatory and pessimistic. In this case, it's rediculous and that's all.

Well the only way I have found to deal with 'tulipwalkers' is to hit them with truth, they deny God fine but don't make one damn attempt to make me feel that my freedom is threatened. One thing these anti-Christian people in here don't realize is that we are a free country and can worship whomever and the government doesn't give a #. I mean the Mormons are not Christians in a sense and yet they have thrived, Muslims , Jews, Hindu's they all thrive here. It is the secularists that want NO religion that scare me the most.

Anyone frightened by this story, these stories, this idea, this prospect... they are just unwilling or unable to utilize reason or common sense. Are you OK, Ed?

I am fine, I just know that when I saw this I went "#" give em more ideas. I have known about the Achilles Heel for a long time, most people have no clue what the ramifications of a well placed attack like this would do be it Europe or the US.

Of course the Middle East is no military threat to speak of, but with the Nukes, we get back to the way the Ottoman Empire was, imagine the blackmail that could be accomplished IF they had one. The Tulipwalkers would be the first to cave.

But alas read the news about the ABM system in Alaska, that is purely an attempt to let that crazy Korean know he still cant hit us, as for the Iranians and yes the Pakistanis, there is a SM3 that should be able to stop a small scale attack. Thing is I don't fear the Pakistanis, as they have the Indians to worry about.....

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well the only way I have found to deal with 'tulipwalkers' is to hit them with truth, they deny God fine but don't make one damn attempt to make me feel that my freedom is threatened. One thing these anti-Christian people in here don't realize is that we are a free country and can worship whomever and the government doesn't give a #. I mean the Mormons are not Christians in a sense and yet they have thrived, Muslims , Jews, Hindu's they all thrive here. It is the secularists that want NO religion that scare me the most.

Ok, I get it, you're just a troll, good work

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deleuze
Yes, that's exactly what I posted above. I was taking issue with people like ed who believe the choice is between doing nothing and dropping bombs, which I find to be false. Of course something will be done, the question is what do we do before we attack Bushehr? The condescension is not appreciated as well.

If we're on the same page, cool. I must have missed your post. As far as what we do before we attack Bushehr and the other facilities they have been caught lying about, I'm hopeful but skeptical will be done soon. We don't know exactly how far they've come. As for my being condescending, it wasn't intentional, I just suggested you research Iran's activities since the late seventies, and the amount of terrorism their government has sponsored against us in case you believed like many here that they wish nothing more than to live in peace with us, there are many good sources that are not FOX news that lay out the facts.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Ok, I get it, you're just a troll, good work

How quaint.........you think of that all by yourself?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
If we're on the same page, cool. I must have missed your post. As far as what we do before we attack Bushehr and the other facilities they have been caught lying about, I'm hopeful but skeptical will be done soon. We don't know exactly how far they've come.

I doubt they have warheads now or that they could for a while, but they're working on it.

Originally posted by 27jd
As for my being condescending, it wasn't intentional, I just suggested you research Iran's activities since the late seventies, and the amount of terrorism their government has sponsored against us in case you believed like many here that they wish nothing more than to live in peace with us, there are many good sources that are not FOX news that lay out the facts.

Sure, I know about that. I don't think the mullahs are good people or that they harbor anything but disdain for us, but I think that the overall goal of limiting the spread of nuclear weapons is served best by making Iran comply without force.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I doubt they have warheads now or that they could for a while, but they're working on it.

Rumor has it they purchased some low yield (~10kT) warheads in the middle 90's. Guess they aren't squat with no tritium then.......

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yeah, let's hope Russia keeps it's word and Iran realizes it's not gonna get them, I found this article today.

MOSCOW, April 25 (Itar-Tass) -- Russia will keep involved in the Iranian peaceful nuclear programme, if Tehran observes all international control commitments for nuclear facilities, Russian President Vladimir Putin said in an interview with Egyptian journalists on the eve of his visit to Cairo.

“We intend to keep fulfilling our commitments on the Iranian peaceful nuclear programme, if international organisations, primarily the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) have access to all Iranian nuclear programmes and Iran abandons any productions and developments that can result in the creation of nuclear weapons,” Putin emphasized.
www.tass.ru...

Iran has dodged and denied inspections in the past, if they open up completely, there would be no grounds for any military action, let's hope they do.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jdIran has dodged and denied inspections in the past, if they open up completely, there would be no grounds for any military action, let's hope they do.

You nailed it there, but as I remember that didnt exactly work very well the last time. If they truly OPEN up then I would agree....

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

And you think this is not a threat?

Yes, nuclear is an increasingly relevant threat to the Unites States. I do not believe that anyone could employ an EMP weapon of the magnitude required to bring America to its knees.

Dont you get it? They don't mind suicide, its an honor to do Allah's work and kill the Great Satan. Thing is they will not do it openly, a missle will not be launched from Iran....unless the somehow think they can win with one shot, hence the reason for the thread, no plan, just facts.

When you say 'they', are you referring to the government officials that you say are planning this attack, or are you referring to the very small slice of extremists who would actually want to carry out this attack? When I consider the officials in the Iranian government, I think of men who are just a little bit smarter than this alleged plan.

Do you think they would actually make the decision that could very well spell the doom of every other thing their country is working toward? Their politics are backward relative to some of the rest of the world, and is alien to you, but they are not crazy. They are not suicidal. They certainly are not suicidal for the tens of millions who would stand to be killed, injured, and displaced by the ensuing and inevitable counter-attack which would be their fate.

Those that I have talked to want the US to knock the government out as they can not stand them anymore than they could the Shah.

And who was the last Iranian government official that you spoke with? I mean, obviously you were speaking with a member of one of the political extremes that exist in the country, no different than this country. I understand that the religious aspect of Iranian governance is archaic and extreme itself, but still, they are NOT planning a nuclear attack on the U.S. And if they were, you wouldn't have been able to post incredible links to attest to the validity of such a claim.

Well considering only the price of oil has balanced the books and made the economy grow, growth under the theocracy has been nil and the average wage has actually went backward.

Right, see? They have a helluva lot more to worry about than launching an attack on US. The economic failings of the theocracy certainly will not be reversed by a suicide mission. There are a lot more reasons to develop nuclear technology than defense or attack. I think they may see that eventually they may be able to sell their crude reserves for a great profit, so long as they don't burn it all first. As far as commodities go, Iran doesn't have a lot of other things going for it.

If Iran were to attack, at a minimum they would no longer have any control over any oil reserves they now enjoy. America, Israel, and Britain would surely use any excuse to execute another oil grab operation.

I am fine, I just know that when I saw this I went "#" give em more ideas. I have known about the Achilles Heel for a long time, most people have no clue what the ramifications of a well placed attack like this would do be it Europe or the US.

I don't lend any credence to the argument 'don't give 'em any more ideas'. There are people who have dedicated their entire existence to coming up with ideas on how to subvert the United States, and there always have been. But you know what? We're still here.

We have our Achille's heels in great number. We have flaws in our system that have been exploited, and continue to be exploited to this day. One of them is our immigration enforcement policy, or lack thereof.

I'll tell you what an effective attack would be. A nuclear attack on one of our largest ports, which are largely unprotected, and really move too high a volume of stuff to adequately protect. To knock out a port would be economically crippling, and it's our economy that needs to be protected. Our electrical and electronic infrastructure could be hit hard in one area, but we are a network. There is no central hub, that if destroyed, could destroy the infrastructure totally.

I believe that OBL knew that there would be economic repercussions of the attack on September 11th, but that was not his goal. His goal was a symbolic one. If there were an attack that had nothing to do with ego and pride, and had everything to do with actual destruction and/or victory, it would be one that would attack our economy directly.

Of course the Middle East is no military threat to speak of, but with the Nukes, we get back to the way the Ottoman Empire was, imagine the blackmail that could be accomplished IF they had one. The Tulipwalkers would be the first to cave.

They are not a threat even WITH nukes. There will not be any blackmail of the US by Iran, Korea, or any other budding nuclear threat. At this point, they just would have to have so much more balls than brains... I don't think there's anyone that stupid out there. Leading the government of a large country such as Iran, that is.

I agree with you on the tulipwalkers thing, even if I don't relate to the term. When Spain rolled over, they may have saved themselves for a short time, but they will regret it sooner or later. Or at least feel like real dumbasses when those who were vigilant prevail.

The only thing that can be done in the face of this type of adversity, which in reality is nothing more than a handful of conniving little extremists who feel sorry for themselves to the point of vindictiveness, is to continually seek to destroy their networks, and belittle them. Unfortunately, they will never go away. They have always existed, and they always will. Every once in a while, they will slip through the cracks and get off a good suckerpunch like 9/11, but though many may die, and economic damage may be done, and maybe they'll take out some vital infrastructure, THEY WILL NOT BEAT US!

But alas read the news about the ABM system in Alaska, that is purely an attempt to let that crazy Korean know he still cant hit us, as for the Iranians and yes the Pakistanis, there is a SM3 that should be able to stop a small scale attack. Thing is I don't fear the Pakistanis, as they have the Indians to worry about.....

Yeah, the Pakistanis we don't have to worry about because they are busy worrying about India, but apply the same logic with the other players:

We don't have to worry about Iran or N. Korea BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO BUSY WORRYING ABOUT US!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Iran's making a lot of news with the same old problem - its nuclear ambitions. Iran plays a dangerous game that it cannot win. Iran may soon find itself without facilities to construct its nuclear ambitions.

United Nations, Israel or the United States?, one or all will soon grow tired of being patient with Iran's goverment and act.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

We have our Achille's heels in great number. We have flaws in our system that have been exploited, and continue to be exploited to this day. One of them is our immigration enforcement policy, or lack thereof.

I agree 100% here, and yet we do nothing....Shame.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You have voted edsinger for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Forgive me again for not reading everything. I got fed up with all the crap about "tulipwalkers".

Bottomline, our missile facilities are built with EMP in mind are they not? Seeing as Norad was built with an eye towards the fact that it may one day be nuked, I would certainly assume that it is ray-shielded.
So they hit us and hurt the crap out of our economy. What has really been accomplished here, except for creating a very desperate America which won't hesitate to nuke any threat?

IF this seemingly overblown threat materializes, we can expect several things.
1. The instant suicide of all ATS users when our computers fail.
2. The instant nuking of Iran and probably North Korea as well.
3. A MASSIVE program of importing new electronics from Europe and China on credit. Show me even one nation on this planet that would look us in the eye and say "no" when were in such a desperate position.

It would be messy, but it wouldn't be the end of America, not by a long shot, and if you think we're war-mongers now you ought to see how the next generation will deal with rogue nations and their allies after suffering something like this scenario.

Last but not least, the average American stands to get a lot smarter if Iran ruins his TV set, so this won't be all bad.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

We won't have to wait, because such device doesn't exist and I find it even less likely Iran would be able to develop one.

And why do you think that? Years of Cold War weren't for nothing. I'm 100% sure there is a contingency plan that's, well, top secret.

Aelita,
If you google emp bombs you will find there is quite a bit of information on them out there. We do have them. They are bomb driven and make use of a flux generater. If I manage to find the link I will send it to you.

As to the gov not being ready for a pre emptive strike. There is a sucession line in place for the Presedent, for what it is worth. If you look at who would hold that seat for say the lat 15 or 20 years, you might be a little scared of who would be charged with those tasks, but that is not the worst of it. Congress does not have a plan in place to quickly replace members from something as unforchant as a pre emptive strike. If 1/3, if I rember right, of congress is unable to cast there vote, then then it will not take place, meaning no funds would be approved if they were needed. Reagans plan called for a cabaniant member to take place of the president, and VP with full powers of such, and to by pass congress. That is a plan which from the presidents point, would have probably worked.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
You know, I can't wait to see a legitimate news story come out of worldnetdaily. I can't understand why people actually believe the garbage off that site.

Exactly, there is absolutely no source to back up what is said there. Pure disinformation, not reported anywhere but on this biased website.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Scientists, including President Reagan's top science adviser, William R. Graham, say there is no other explanation for such tests than preparation for the deployment of Electromagnetic Pulse weapons

Isn't this a little bit of a leap of faith? They are just assuming that this is reason the weapons are being developed? Isn't that kinda like saying "Russian scientists say there is no other explanation for the US developing hypersonic aircraft other than they are preparing a surpise attack on Russian soil"?

IF Iran are doing this with the pure intention of going after the US then yes, time to be worried, but going on that quote it sounds like there's still a bit guesswork at to what they are upto? No-one would be stupid enough to drop a nuke on or above the US, they would end up in a nice big mushroom cloud, or carpet bombed to extinction.

I notice the article didn't mention the radioative fallout from detonating such a device...even in high altitude, surely the radiation is eventually going to fall down on top of the US or wherever the wind blows it? That's gonna cause a hell of alot more damage then the EMP. Hmmm, no electricity in hospitals, and thousands with radiation sickness. Could be messy. Military installations would prob be fine though. The important ones would already be EMP protected I would say & as for radiation, well that's why the US have underground bases n bases built into mountains

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Golem
If 1/3, if I rember right, of congress is unable to cast there vote, then then it will not take place, meaning no funds would be approved if they were needed. Reagans plan called for a cabaniant member to take place of the president, and VP with full powers of such, and to by pass congress. That is a plan which from the presidents point, would have probably worked.

In the Senate, at least, quorum isn't really a problem. It's assumed to exist unless someone specifically raises it as an issue, allowing business to continue with less than a majority. This is how the Terri Schiavo bill was able to pass with only three votes. I assume the House has a similar system.

Originally posted by LordGoofus
I notice the article didn't mention the radioative fallout from detonating such a device...even in high altitude, surely the radiation is eventually going to fall down on top of the US or wherever the wind blows it? That's gonna cause a hell of alot more damage then the EMP. Hmmm, no electricity in hospitals, and thousands with radiation sickness. Could be messy. Military installations would prob be fine though. The important ones would already be EMP protected I would say & as for radiation, well that's why the US have underground bases n bases built into mountains

Fallout from a high-altitude burst is actually very small. Fallout comes from ground material (or water, in the case of a sea burst) being vaporized in the fireball and picked up and dispersed after being irradiated. If the fireball doesn't touch the ground, the radioactive material would be limited to the unused fissile material from the bomb.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Fallout from a high-altitude burst is actually very small. Fallout comes from ground material (or water, in the case of a sea burst) being vaporized in the fireball and picked up and dispersed after being irradiated. If the fireball doesn't touch the ground, the radioactive material would be limited to the unused fissile material from the bomb.

They are called 'rainbow' devices. (see the link if you want to know more)

Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie

One of my favorite movies of all time, next to Dr. Strangelove.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   

ed you have got to be the one of the biggest crap talkers I have ever seen. The worse part of all this is you actual have people listening to your CA drivel. You remind me of that character who convinced his followers that they were going to be picked up by aliens and that they needed to kill themselves to rendezvous with the spaceship. Of course it's ridiculous, but many killed themselves just the same.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
they better start making that balestic shield right away.....

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join