It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran plans to knock out U.S. with 1 nuclear bomb with electro-magnetic pulse

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
OK things are getting serious now and something needs to be done. the Europeans need to get damn serious or things will get out of hand very quickly. The World ecnomy could not recover from this type of attack.

Iran plans to knock out
U.S. with 1 nuclear bomb
Tests missiles for electro-magnetic pulse weapon that could destroy America's technical infrastructure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 25, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin is an online, subscription intelligence news service from the creator of WorldNetDaily.com – a journalist who has been developing sources around the world for almost 30 years.
By Joseph Farah
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON -- Iran is not only covertly developing nuclear weapons, it is already testing ballistic missiles specifically designed to destroy America's technical infrastructure, effectively neutralizing the world's lone superpower, say U.S. intelligence sources, top scientists and western missile industry experts.

The radical Shiite regime has conducted successful tests to determine if its Shahab-3 ballistic missiles, capable of carrying a nuclear warhead, can be detonated by a remote-control device while still in high-altitude flight.

Scientists, including President Reagan's top science adviser, William R. Graham, say there is no other explanation for such tests than preparation for the deployment of Electromagnetic Pulse weapons – even one of which could knock out America's critical electrical and technological infrastructure, effectively sending the continental U.S. back to the 19th century with a recovery time of months or years.

Another story:

Iran's imminent threat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 25, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

The news that Iran has successfully tested missiles capable of detonating nuclear weapons at high altitude – thus creating a devastating ElectroMagnetic Pulse attack that could cripple the United States – should be a wakeup call to all Americans.

It's one thing to face one Pearl Harbor sneak attack in the course of a war. It will be another to face two.

Unless President Bush gets serious about homeland security by securing the borders and preparing the nation's infrastructure against an EMP attack, there's little point in continuing the charade of screening airline passengers for cigarette lighters.

Our national security priorities are a sad joke.

We're running out of time.

We've been pretending too long that America is not really vulnerable. We're been pretending for too long that we can fight the war against evil Islamist totalitarianism on offense alone. We've been pretending we've made strides in securing the homeland since Sept. 11.

Iran's imminent threat

Edit

Mentioned below as a reference a good article on the 'whats' of this type of attack

EMP bomb

thanks for the link Alias Jones

[edit on 25-4-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Its going to take Iran to actualy do this before the left, and most of europe figures out preemptive

strikes, are necessary, setting back with your thumb up your *** "talking" contrary to popular belief doesnt work with countries like iran.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by C0le]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
and if IRAN did this they would be a pile of glowing glass in sand, as USA would retaliate full nukes not lil nukes but the big daddy nukes from subs, oh and Europe would join in if any other country like Russia or China wanna cause trouble, USA can survive a emp bomb or nuke and still retaliate im sure theres plans for Europe to control USA forces in such an occasion happen and use deffence network was down or part down, it would be temperary till it was back up.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by blobby]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Our national security priorities are a sad joke.

You know, i really cannot wait to see how the left/liberals/dems/clinton are blamed for the next large scale terrorist attack. If there is another attack it will be no one's fault except the white house and the various inteligence agencies (includeing the DHS!) - yet i'd be willing to bet no one on the bushco chearleading squad would dare go against the party line or talking points.

edit- this topic was already being discussed under another thread. i'm trying to locate it now...

[edit on 25-4-2005 by negativenihil]

[edit on 25-4-2005 by negativenihil]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thats it, time to get my hands dirty. Dubya cant do it, then I will.

I have some camo shorts and a Leatherman tool. Ill own them all. Im heading over, whos with me?

We will need food, whos got a cooler?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Can the Mullahs in Iran be this crazy? Joseph Farahs articles are ususually acurate....

Blobbys right, our Ohio class submarines would blast the Iranians off the map and send the rest of Islam to their knees begging Americas forgivness for all their sins. The Iranians are playing a dangerous game with the lives of their people....and this game will end soon.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Excellent post here by ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You know, I can't wait to see a legitimate news story come out of worldnetdaily. I can't understand why people actually believe the garbage off that site.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
You know, I can't wait to see a legitimate news story come out of worldnetdaily. I can't understand why people actually believe the garbage off that site.

Well I would much rather believe them than the New York Times for example, before you hammer WND, did you read who was blowing the whistle? Why would Iran be testing in this fashion.

I think WND hit spot on......

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ah yes, some G2 Bulletin

Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin is an online, subscription intelligence news service from the creator of WorldNetDaily.com – a journalist who has been developing sources around the world for almost 30 years.

Yea, I'm sure that's less biased than World Net Daily, oh wait, it's the same thing. Just more war-mongering going on. Shall we start exposing the bias, untruthfulness, and sensationalism of WND on past stories? Hmm, shall we turn your thread into a mudpit of WND's dirty secrets?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I want end of the world!!! not just a nuke...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yes ofcouse they will. I bet Iran just CANT WAIT to attack USA with Nuclear Weapons. Why does Iran want anything to do with Nuclear power? Because Isreal has 200 Nuclear bombs and Iran has 0.

Would the World be safer if Isreal had no bombs?

Or is the World safer now that Iran does not have them and Isreal have plenty?

I mean - Hello? - what a bunch of BS!

Especially this site WorldNetDaily - Should be WorldParanoidNetDaily - lets check some titles there:

- Sleeper cells in America

- Terrorists' weapon of choice

- Horrific scenario: NYC hit by terrorist nuke

- How Muslim radicals are penetrating Washington

And ofcourse, an Important offer:
WND Books' latest blockbuster – "Atomic Iran" – by No. 1 best-selling "Unfit for Command" author Jerome Corsi exposes the threat of nuclear terror.

Well I am sure that Bush will find Nuclear Weapons in Iran, even before they develop them anyway!

Just like he found them in Iraq!

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
1 bomb - no matter how big - would not destroy the U.S.A. The U.S. is too intricate and world-wide. I'm sorry, Iran would not be able to do this. Besides, it would take them years - they are still working on regulated Nukes. =/

-wD

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

OK things are getting serious now and something needs to be done

Right. Worldnutdaily needs to be ignored. They're incompetent boobs who have no journalistic integrity or ability.

Case in point

Iran will have that capability – at least theoretically – as soon as it has one nuclear bomb ready to arm such a missile.

Thats so fundamentally stupid that it barely deserves comment. Iran is not going to develop some nuke that can send an emp pulse out to 'destroy america'. The very idea is, well, stupid.

Well I would much rather believe them than the New York Times for example

did you read who was blowing the whistle?

A whistle blower is somoene who knows whats going on and does something aobut it. THe source for that site is.....worldnutdaily! Go figure.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

I have some camo shorts and a Leatherman tool. Ill own them all. Im heading over, whos with me?

We can make a cooler out of a '75 caddy convertible's trunk. Fill it full of ice and then throw a keg in there. Tap the keg and then run the tap through the back seat. That is what I call an assault vehicle. We can mount dual 'ma deuces' in the fender wells facing front with a trigger on the cruise control.

Grab our sunglasses fill up the tank and we are off! Max can drive, Skip gets shotgun with the leatherman tool, and I will be the bartender and man the Mk19 and Ed can bring some patriotic music and maybe a SAW. Maybe we need an airstream trailer with MLRS or maybe a few MIRVs.

Maybe we should paint the caddy in camo colors. What is best? Camo or candy apple red, white and blue?

I forgot...we still need a grill and some food. MRE's just won't cut it for this adventure. Any ideas for a grill?

[edit on 25-4-2005 by xman_in_blackx]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Did any of you watch the BBC special 'The Power of Nightmares' about the Neocons?

This sounds just like the Neocon exaggeration of the Soviet capabilities and intents that they used decades ago.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...
www.informationclearinghouse.info...
images.indymedia.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
OK things are getting serious now and something needs to be done. the Europeans need to get damn serious or things will get out of hand very quickly. The World ecnomy could not recover from this type of attack...

Now just hold on a cotton-picking minute there ed - now you just leave us Europeans alone, you hear??

Seriously, I'm loving the idea of getting an ATS "crusade" together as advocated by my friends skippytjc and xman_in_blackx. I have exclusive use of a can opener for the field rations - and two tins of beans!! - anyone else in??

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

A cooler for Ice-cold Beer? Count me in Bro, we're gonna have Persian Babes lining the main avenue in Tehran wearing skin tight Levis to welcome us American Heros.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The mullahs may be crazy, they may be evil, but I don't think they're entirely stupid. Any use of a nuclear weapon against the US would guarantee nuclear retaliation. An EMP attack would still cause massive casualties (airliners falling from the sky, etc.) and would be treated like a direct nuclear attack.

WND is prone to hysteria and speculation masquerading as news, this is more of the same.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by xmotex]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Unless President Bush gets serious about homeland security by securing the borders and preparing the nation's infrastructure against an EMP attack, there's little point in continuing the charade of screening airline passengers for cigarette lighters.

How can you even prepare for an EMP attack? Is there actually a defense for it? To me, President Bush is doing the only thing that can be done to prevent an EMP attack via a Shahab 3, and that is the implimentation of the Ballistic Missile Defense System. Other than knocking out the missile before it can reach its destination, I don't think there is much we can do to prevent this alleged EMP attack.

As far as securing the borders, that would have nothing to do with preventing an EMP attack via a Shahab 3 missile either. Unless Iran is planning on smuggling one in via Hamas or Hezbollah and actually launching it from American soil (which I bet would be next to impossible), then securing our borders would do nothing to prevent this.

Can a Shahab 3 even reach the continental US from Iran? I don't think so. They would have to try and launch it from somewhere else, and I doubt any country, even North Korea, is crazy enough to let Iran cast the first stone from their backyard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join