It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roman Catholic Church

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
You're more of a Muslim then a Christian.
And Muslms are not Christians.
Muslims do not worship the same God as Christians.
While Muslims worship God, they do not worship the God of Abraham, and they do not worship the true God.

Don't say you follow the book of John.

Tassadar

There is no hate on your part, only stupidity and ignorance.

If you say Muslims don't worship the God of Abraham your truly absent when it comes to Islam.

Islam is the most monothestic faith out there, even more than Judaism. We stress the importance of worshipping the true ever-living God, al-Llah. And if you know anything about the Hebrew Scriptures written in Hebrew, you'll know the word 'Allah' is found numerous times in it.

But your right, Christians and Muslims do not worship the same God. Christians don't even know what God they worship because they pray to three of them.

A Christian can pray to win the lottery to the 'Father'. He doesnt win, so he prays to the 'Son'. Oh, he still hasnt won, so now he's praying to the 'Holy Spirit'

Yea, Christians worship an odd god.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   

But your right, Christians and Muslims do not worship the same God. Christians don't even know what God they worship because they pray to three of them.

It's only so funny, because it's so true... Of course, one of those gods is more properly a demigod (i.e. the son of a god and a mortal), along the lines of Perseus, and Hercules....

I agree with Ill's assessment of Islam, 100% by the way. Both Isaac and Ishmael were sons of Abraham...

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Except Gazrok, Isaac gave birth to a nation.

Ishmael probably died in some remote corner of the world...his "people" existed long before him, and exist today.

Ishmael, may have existed, but he is not directly linked to the patriarchal society that Isaac was...Arabs are not decendants from Abraham, no matter how much they try to claim they were.

Lastly, both Christians and Muslims have "Angels" which by the very nature of Monotheism, is impossible...thus both are pagans.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Muslims do worship same God as christians.
This is from RCC catechism:

841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."[330]

Originally posted by FreeMason
Lastly, both Christians and Muslims have "Angels" which by the very nature of Monotheism, is impossible...thus both are pagans.

This is like you said "Lastly, both Christians and Muslims have "Humans" which by the very nature of Monotheism, is impossible...thus both are pagans"
Angels are only serveants of God, creatures created by God, just like us.

[Edited on 29-7-2003 by Megaquad]

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It's easier to joke about things you don't understand than educate yourself, is it.

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[1] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

This is from bible, and that is Trinity.
Trinity is great mistery, pray and it shall be revealed to you.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
More heretical blasphemous tripe on the airwaves. Nothing more than secularlism at work.

BTW Jesus was pierced by the spear AFTER he died on the cross, the Romans wanted to make sure He was dead, sure enough blood and water flowed out of the wound.

Gazrok,
Thats the difference, I have faith while you do not.

[Edited on 4-8-2003 by Cearbhall]

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It would be extremely remarkable after being tortured and put on another form of torture that a human being would live. I imagine the crown of thorns and whips would of caused quite a bit of blood loss, but having one's wrists nailed to a cross would certainly kill you. Jesus was pierced by a spear, and His blood was like a dead man's. But there's so much more.

Not trying to debate, but I have to agree that Islam and Christianity (even with the Trinity concept) are monotheistic. Monotheism is the belief of one god. Angels are not recognized as gods, but some of them desire to be gods, but most of them are servants to the Almighty.
Matt 28:19 "Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them [2] into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," - Amplified Bible
Notice it says 'name' not 'names.'
John 1:1-14
I don't feel like putting down a ton of Bible verses, but I have a lot of respect for this apologist www.carm.org... who has a lot to say in his Trinity sections.

[Edited on 8-4-2003 by subalterna]

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Except Gazrok, Isaac gave birth to a nation.

Ishmael probably died in some remote corner of the world...his "people" existed long before him, and exist today.

Ishmael, may have existed, but he is not directly linked to the patriarchal society that Isaac was...Arabs are not decendants from Abraham, no matter how much they try to claim they were.

First to put away your lies about Ismael: Genesis 21:12�But God said to Abraham, "Do not be distressed because of the lad and your maid; whatever Sarah tells you, listen to her, for through Isaac your descendants shall be named. 13�"And of the son of the maid I will make a nation also, because he is your descendant."

And further in Genesis 21:18�"Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him by the hand, for I will make a great nation of him."

And about your claim that neither of the Abrahamic religions are monotheistic: Only One God is being worshipped. The sons of God or the angels, morningstars, gods or whatever you choose to call them are only servants of God, and do whatever God puts them to do. Therefore they are not being worshipped, hence the Abrahamic faith is monotheistic (with a little spanking to the Church).

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

<< 1   >>

join