It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roman Catholic Church

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Have you guys watched a show on Sci Fi that showes that a Roman Priest found documents that Jesus didn't die by crufication and he was married to someone and had children. Sci Fi also mentioned that Roman church paid the priest off for not mentioning it. It was something like, if the documents came out, Roman church would lose its authority.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Have you guys watched a show on Sci Fi that showes that a Roman Priest found documents that Jesus didn't die by crufication and he was married to someone and had children. Sci Fi also mentioned that Roman church paid the priest off for not mentioning it. It was something like, if the documents came out, Roman church would lose its authority.

I believe you're talking about the ever returning subject of Rennes-le-Ch�teau and the priest called Sauni�re. Am I right?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yep. I couldn't find the name. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wasn't Jesus hit by spear and had crown of torns? That would be enough to exhaust him to death. It is improbable someone would survive after losing so much blood...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
Wasn't Jesus hit by spear and had crown of torns? That would be enough to exhaust him to death. It is improbable someone would survive after losing so much blood...

Yes, you're probably correct. But. The fact is that Jesus probably had a punctured longue from the evidence presented in the Gospel, and this longue was probably punctured while he was being brutally tormented before the ultimate torture, the cross. Or perhaps even by people throwing stones at him or something at the cross.

You see when a man punctures his longue, the thorax is filled with air which makes you suffocate and eventually fall into a comalike stasis, for the pressure rises inside the chest, seriously weakening the respirational mechanisms of the longue (that is left). The fact that Jesus may actually have been saved by the spear in his side, few think about, perhaps because of the awe they have to the whole thing and fear of not being a perfect believer.

When I punctured my longue a some time ago, what they did was not much different than what the soldier did when he pierced him in the side: the air that is trapped inside the chest is let out and together with the air, a mixture of blood and water was drained out.

Let's say that the soldier pierced Jesus in the lower end of the thorax. If he had a punctured longue, this would equalise the pressure within his chest, and a mix of blood and water would flow out. Exactly what is discribed in the Gospel. With the correct treatment and care, Jesus may indeed have survived the cross. After all the other two beside him weren't dead, the soldiers had to brake their legs in order to make them suffocate.

Jesus may indeed have been dead, but with the right treatment in the right time, he might very well have risen from the dead. A punctured longue heals itself within a couple of days if only the air and bodyfluids is let out. The blood loss on the other hand is something else, but the Romans probably knew where to put the nails in order to avoid the mess an aorta puntuation would lead to. Such wounds alone won't kill you.

Nevertheless, you need more than your share with luck in order to survive all of these things, so I do indeed believe that Jesus was aided by God. God who is Love so that he would fulfill the numerous prophecies surrounding his execution.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Exactly.

Because Jesus did die, that further justifies the fact he rose again after death.

If you don't believe he died, listen to this:

1. Before the crucifiction, Jesus was repeatedly beaten. He recieved a full set of Roman lashings, 39 lashings. These were't just regular lashings either. The whip had shards of glass, metal, and bone in it. After this, Jesus's back was basically cut open and reduced to strands of vibrating flesh. There's a medical term for this, "Walking Dead Man".

2. After the lashings, they placed on him the crown of thorns. These weren't regular thorns either. 3 inches long, storng, sharp, and lethal. They didn't really place it on his head, they crammed it on there.

3. When he marched to Calvary, they made Simon (not the disciple another one) carry the cross. It wouldv'e been impossible for any man to carry that on his back.

4. Once they reached the Golgotha, Jesus was lain down on the cross, (which made his back hurt like hell). They then hammered steaks through his wrists and feet so he would be stuck to the cross. Then the cross was raised up.

5. Later on, a soldier poked him (it was more of a stab) with a spear. Then the made him drink gall and vinegr mixed together (basically liquid crap).

Jesus had to die, he was dead, D-E-A-D.

He died to take wasy the world's sins.
He then rose to life for 40 days, then he ascended to heaven.

[Edited on 27-7-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Even in bible they mention group of people who teached that Jesus didn't resurrect (saying how that is false), and that all our faith is futile if we don't believe he resurrected (meaning, he had to die).

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
3. When he marched to Calvary, they made Simon (not the disciple another one) carry the cross. It wouldv'e been impossible for any man to carry that on his back.

Please trust me on this one: Jesus DID infact carry his own cross all the way up to the Golgata. The story about this Siomon guy is nothing but romance to me. I trust only the only eyewitness who wrote about these things, the beloved disciple, him who wrote the Gospel of John (I even cry now. I have followed him every step in the spirit and it leaves me in a place between awe, frustration, anger and spiritual impotence, that is later rewarded with a joy so great it's indiscribable: He Lives! Hoseanna! Jesus was dead, but he Lives in eternity).

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You're more of a Muslim then a Christian.
And Muslms are not Christians.
Muslims do not worship the same God as Christians.
While Muslims worship God, they do not worship the God of Abraham, and they do not worship the true God.

Don't say you follow the book of John.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   

You're more of a Muslim then a Christian.
And Muslms are not Christians.
While Muslims worship God, they do not worship the God of Abraham, and they do not worship the true God.

Tassadar

I see where you're heading. Too late. You just never give up, do you? Pride goes before a fall, you know.

The Gospel of John is the only Gospel with a capital G. The disciple Jesus loves tells us the whole Truth about what happened when Jesus was killed. He (or she?) saw what happened with his own eyes. You judge what you don't understand and shove away what you should embrace. You hold on to a way that leads to perdition, saying the other way that makes the cross is a disgrace. You are like a man with one eye. You donot see the total heigth, depth and width of God. A witness of God must see it all, unless evil will never be destroyed. It takes balls and eyes, ears and tongue, mind and action and Love.

Blessings,
�Ma

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I believe the more appropriate classification would be Gnostic instead of Muslim.

Either way, the beliefs he espouses are heretical to the Christian faith.

I suggest to you what I have done...shake his dirt of your shoes and head in a new direction.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
K man,

Whatever dude. You worship your God, I'll worship mine.
No hate.

Sorry,
Tassadar

[Edited on 28-7-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Only dangerous rumors are those supporting thesis that Jesus is only new name for good old Horus. All other are proof of historical roots of Jesus cult.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Drop me a mail when you have agreed to which tag you can put on me to file me in your archive of religions. It will bring me much relief when you figure out what and who I believe in. For obviously I don't know it myself (sic). I'm not Muslim, I'm not agnostic, I'm not Jewish (though Christian Judaism is the closest you'll get), I'm not Church Christian, I'm not Buddhist or Hindu. Man! What does it matter to you anyway? It's not your business at all.

FYI: I try to keep Saturday Sabbath. I believe in the Jesus Christ most Jews argue against on a theological basis, but not the Jesus they laugh about, the Jesus of the Church.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kronos
Only dangerous rumors are those supporting thesis that Jesus is only new name for good old Horus. All other are proof of historical roots of Jesus cult.

Jesus correspond almost perfectly to Osiris. Not Horus. Horus correspond to the son of Jesus. The two stories are close to identical.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I believe the more appropriate classification would be Gnostic instead of Muslim.

Either way, the beliefs he espouses are heretical to the Christian faith.

I suggest to you what I have done...shake his dirt of your shoes and head in a new direction.

*Gets backhoe and goes to work*

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Mikro, the results of your Belief.net poll speaks for itself....

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Mikro, the results of your Belief.net poll speaks for itself....

That my faith in God is closest to Eastern philosophy and Jewish Orthodoxy? I would say that would be a perfect foundation to explain Jesus' message.

Jesus was extremely orthodox: He preached the Law, not the Talmud. And his view on how to treat your fellow man is very Eastern even Buddhist. If you think this is wrong, I can only pity you, for this is the truth.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Tassadar

The more I hear from people like you and the more I read about the churches, the more I see how you don't believe in and worship the God of Jesus.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
We're talking about something that MIGHT have happened more than 2000 years ago. You can't state ANYTHING as fact, nor can it even be loosely called a theory. There is nothing but eyewitness accounts (which vary wildly) to even substantiate it took place at all. And these eyewitnesses are those who think an eclipse is a sign from God, and that thunder is God being angry....not exactly A+ witness material here.... There's even contention as to whether it was Jesus, or his brother James, who died on the cross. Oh my, Jesus had a brother? Well, to expect any family in that age to have only one child (especially one that isn't of his "father")...now THAT is ludicrous, hehe....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join