It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why No National Media Attention on this one

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There are several story's on this on the internet right now I have other link's but I happen to believe that $3 trillion doller's in counterfit money confiscated happen's to be a rather big deal in my opinion here is the link.

Anyone got any idea's on this one.

www.abs-cbnnews.com...

Falcon

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow!
That's a lot of money. Why this hasn't made it to the national news yet, don't know! Perhaps because it occurred in the Philippines? Although, I imagine it will eventually make it to the major news outlets, particularly since it is counterfeit U.S. currency.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It hasn't made any of the mass media outlets for one simple fact -
it was not an Arab who did this. As i understand it it was 2 people from England.

either way 3 trillion in bearer bonds is nothing to sneeze at.

(However - Call me skeptical, but I'd certinaly like to see this all verified by another source.)

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here's another story but it's hardly mentioned but it is in the washington times / United Press International.

Here's the Link the story about the $3 trillion doller's

www.washtimes.com...

Falcon

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This type of stuff that we hear about on the net, doesnt ever make it to the

national news, until like a week later...

Its always funny reading about something that was posted here on
(for example) 1/1/05 and then the news covers it on 1/11/05 saying breaking news... lol

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Jesus Herbert Christ!
Three trillion dollars?
Thats insane!!
That could have crippled the economy of america...

Yet the vocal yokels in this country still spew their thinly veiled racist views...
"duh we need ta keep an eye on da a-rabs if da liberals would let us just arrest da arabs we would win da war on terror duh"
and this barely gets covered in the news.

By the way whats the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
One quick google search later...
Ah the NBI is Philippine equivalent of the FBI.
Well three cheers for the NBI!

HIP HIP HUZZAH!
HIP HIP HUZZAH!
HIP HIP HUZZAH!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The most interesting one liner from this article is...

The forwarder said the cargo was bound for Zurich, Switzerland.

You aren't going to deposit phoney bills in Zurich and get away with it. Given the amount of 'cash' here, I think there is much more to this story than meets first glance. Trillions? Zurich? Counterfeit?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Don't worry, they're probably going to report on this in a week or so...

-Chris

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
$3 trillion in $100 bills is 30 billion physical notes.

The size of a dollar bill is 6.6294 cm wide, by 15.5956 cm long, and 0.010922 cm in thickness.

So, assuming they could lay perfectly flat in vacuum sealed containers so that no air space was wasted between them, the volume would be 30000000000 * 6.6294 * 15.5956 * 0.010922 * (0.3937^3 [cm to inches]) / 12^3 [inches to ft] = 1.2 million cubic feet

You would need a box a little over 100 ft in each dimension to hold this many bills under best case condidtions.

The physical printing cost for this many bills would be in the hundreds of millions.

That amount of paper would weight about 33 million tons (1 gram per bill).

According to the Federal Reserve, there's only about $0.5 trillion in actual cash in existence, so no-one could possibly hope to get away with injecting $3 trillion in bogus bills undected.

I doubt we'll be hearing this story on major news networks.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
isn't abc news (the link you provided) national media ?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I agree with Twitchy that something smells fishy here. Also
to spamandham for the analysis. BUT...

I noticed this in the first line of the report:

$3 trillion fake US federal bank notes in their possession

and the last line says:

they were made to open the cast-iron boxes containing bogus federal bank reserve certificates.

Could this be a type of bearer bonds with larger denominations? The points made about the costs to print $3 trillion in $100 bills (not to mention the size of container) is a big investment to try and pull off something like this.

Strange.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Could this be a type of bearer bonds with larger denominations?

Maybe, but cash = federal reserve note. Could it be $3000000000 rather than $3000000000000? In the US, billion = 1000000000 vs in GB where it means 1000000. Could this just be a misunderstanding of what the word 'trillion' means in this ocntext?

$3000000000 is still a helluva lot of money, but the logistics are much more reasonable. That's just about 10 feet on each side and actually could be shipped as the story implies. Perhaps it could even be absorbed into the money supply without detection if done slowly and methodically.

[quote=syrinx high priest]isn't abc news (the link you provided) national media ?

Look a little closer. It's abs-cbn, not abc. It does appear to be a legitimate news source though and not just a tabloid or spoof site.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i started a thread on this today. i didnt see this one
www.belowtopsecret.com...

its very easy to get the actual press release from NBI, here is the link.

www.nbi.gov.ph...

[edit on 29-4-2005 by AdamJ]

[edit on 29-4-2005 by AdamJ]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
There's just no way you could fit that amount of cash in 13 "boxes" inside a "chest". The only possible way the story could be true is if these were bearer bonds rather than notes. Such bonds can be valued up to $100 million each, so you're only talking about 30,000 such bonds. However, they are all registered (though anonymously), so you couldn't forge them without having actual registration numbers.

But, if these were bearer bonds, I would expect the press release to say that rather than referring to them as certificates (cash).

Here's a nice rumour that plays into this story:
www.rumormillnews.com...

It's possible that real bearer bonds were somehow intentionally destroyed with a plan to replace them with fakes.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I believe the discrepancies in this story is probably why it has not made it to national news. Things just don't add up or make sense. Three trillion dollars in US currency would take up a lot more space than it sounds like this was found in. One report by the NBI almost looks like the amount might have been millions or billions instead of trillions
www.nbi.gov.ph...
since the amount was proofread and posted as is on the net. Someone didn't take the time to investigate and post enough details to make the story make sense unless as someone stated above, it was bonds valued in the millions.

[edit on 30-4-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Holy $3 trillion dollars is alot of money, maybe they ment it to be worth $3trillion pesos. Which is what the Phillipines use as currency.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
$3 trillion in $100 bills is 30 billion physical notes.

This story wasn't about $100 bills, but bearer bonds.

www.investorwords.com...
www.fraudaid.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well look at their press release

www.nbi.gov.ph...

mabye they covered it up by announcing $3 million in the first line so people didnt pay much attention to it.
The later crossed it out and uploaded it edited to the Web so it now reads Trillion

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The fact they were going to Zurich sounds appealing had they not been caught. You really think the Swiss would have fallen for two gents from england carrying around $3 trill in American currency. One thing about the Swiss is they'll take money soaked in blood just so long as it is not counterfeit.
How well were these bills counterfeited? What tipped them off that it was counterfeit, other than it was $3 trill?

top topics

join