It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla: Genius or Madman?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by croatianguy

This forum is dedicated to the impact and implications of Tesla's life work.

According to Wikipedia, however, Tesla was ethnically Serbian, son of an Orthodox priest. If you have evidence that refutes this please share.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Every one should check out Jim Marrs's book "The Rise Of the Fourth Reich". He found info. that says the A-bombs we dropped on Japan were made by Hitler. They traded them for their freedom. Our Gov. helped them relocate to South America. Evil Bastards
Tesla's "Death Ray" was NOT the weapon that may have caused the Tunguska event. The Death Ray was a simple particle beam using BB sized particles and only had a 250 mile range. His 1908 device was thought to be a version of his Magnifying Transmitter using Scalar energy. Look on Youtube for Scalar weapons.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
tesla is a great great man,i hear only good about him,and the gov probably
uses most of his inventions(used*)
hes one of the greates minds we have,on par with leonardo

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Absolute genius! God knows what else he had locked away in his mind.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Is there a difference?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
There is info. out there saying he was born on a UFO and came from Venus. Obviously I can't speak to the validity of that. I think it's from a book called "The Wall Of Light" by Arthur H. Matthews who may be Tesla's son. That's the rumor.

www.amazon.com...

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
One thing I will give you all, he is larger than life.

Whether he was Croatian, Serbian, Hungarian, or American, it amounts to him being a world citizen. And we should follow his example to work towards world peace.

Truth be told, I think he had a Cosmic influence in his life. But that is another matter.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Nicola Tesla was the greatest scientist of this age, at least so far. I am a scientist and Tesla is the equivalent to my scientific hero or role model. Edison was no more than a thief who stole one of his universally applicable inventions (the light bulb). I have read that the government confiscated much of his work and notes when he supposedly died. I can put one and two together and come to the conclusion that the military impliments much of his work into their technology today.

It is my belief that the genius of Tesla far exceeded that of Einstein because he could impliment his ideas into working systems and mechanical devises. I still think that Einsteins' theory of relativety is flawed a little, but generally he was right. Tesla produced much more volume of work that did Einstein. Personally I don't believe that Tesla was a madman, but will agree that he was eccentric; there is a very thin line between genius and insanity.

Tesla had a great gift with electricity and the mechanics needed to impliment his ideas. Greatest genius of the modern age so far by a long shot. The work of this man inspires me to work harder and not give up, while pursueing my own ideas and dreams.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Have you seen the info. saying Einstein was a big plagiarist?

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What do you all think of Tom Bearden's material? Has anyone tested his ideas? What about the Scalar Waves of Tesla? Is any of that material valid?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I'd also like to know what you all think of this Tesla info.?

farshores.org...

books.google.com... Ea9MKpDGjwk&hl=en&ei=H5WISuPbMpSusgObvPjnAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3#v=onepage&q=&f=false

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yes scalar waves are true.
High voltage does cause physical force.

Apparently Germany did start using Tesla technology and at
around Tesla's 1943 death we, FBI, became concerned.

An early biography, Prodigal Genius, the Life of Nikola Tesla, by John J. O'Neill, was initially published three times in November, 1944. In case you are wondering, the three publishings in the same month were not due to landslide sales at the bookstores, but rather to O'Neill's having been threatened and censored by the FBI, and forced to republish several times because of their deletion and censoring of material which to this day is still classified. It was odd, given Tesla's repeatedly unsuccessful efforts to get the attention of the war department, met with ignorance and shoddy treatment. It was not until after it came to their attention in 1942, that the Nazis were building flying saucers and other 'fantasy' weapons based on Tesla's inventions, that the U. S. Government became so concerned.

So why hide something from the American public today which the Nazis stole before 1934? In the case of (flying saucer) electro-propulsion, this invention is not only classified, but the very existence of it is categorically denied by the government, while its covert agents in the UFOlogy community attribute it to extraterrestrial, "alien" origins. What better way to deter civilian scientific investigation into the obvious?

lyne4lyne.tripod.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
One of my heroes.....No doubt the man was a genius, the likes of which come along rarely.

www.poketheeye.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotG
One of my heroes.....No doubt the man was a genius, the likes of which come along rarely.

www.poketheeye.org...

The "Cover Story" on some of those books:

"My Invention" Nikola Tesla is an autobiography.
You will see that in the popular biographies this is referenced quite
often as you see NT given line after line as reference.

The group is before the addition of "Colorado Springs Notes" also
by Tesla.

The first biography was re written to avoid secrets that the US
government finally got wind of Germany had been developing
the electrostatic pulses that not only provides power and control to
remote control boats and planes but can exhibit actual physical
force as exhibited in the many witnessed unknown flying vehicles.

ED: Looking back I see I didn't mention Tesla's statement about
his tower. The power of two Niagara Falls generating plants.
10 million hp perhaps, would that be enough for Tunguska.
Multiply the ether factor of 1000 for atmospheric response and
you got one big bang.
ED+: When we get a good explanation for the above mysteries of
Tesla we will know some one has been peaking at the 1943 notes
of Nikola Tesla.

[edit on 10/27/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 10/27/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Originally posted by croatianguy
An insane genious he was. Thats what science needs right now. And also - he was a Croatian, not a serbian as the serbs love to say in their textbooks!

So true, so true. Any good thing we do they take credit for.

Really? I honestly thought that Croatians subscribed to Catholicism. I find it odd that his father was a Serbian Orthodox priest and his mother was the daughter of a Serbian Orthodox Priest. Croatia did not exist at that time... it was under the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The fact that Smiljan (his birthplace) was ravaged by the Croatian army during the war speaks a great deal of the respect they have for him.

Anyway, that's not important, nor do i (nor Mr. Tesla) care about religious subscription. I agree, i think he was both a genius and a madman, but there are just too much oddities surrounding his research, especially in the immediacy of his death that leave a lot of questions and we can only speculate from what we currently know.

If anyone is interested and hasn't already checked it out i would like to direct you to series 1 of a set of threads on Tesla which received great attention here on ATS.

Tesla: The Forgotten Mysteries

Lots of fascinating information from various members.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Genius or Madman? I think he was a genius. Mainly because he actually did what nobody else wanted to attempt.
Quick question, why do people say "he was far before his time"?
When, if he didn't do what he did then, where would we be today?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Don't side with the anti Tesla establishment with their tails of
what Tesla did or didn't do.
Remember everything of Tesla's is essentially classified and locked
up since 1943 and only classified since 1945 with a wave of national
security confiscation of documents that supported anything contained
in Tesla's works.
This is suspect in the electricity from isotopes or spark ionized air.

I was reading "Tesla The Lost Inventions" by George Trinkaus.
He gives the establishments reasons for certain Tesla events
or actions. Then I will give the so called conspiracy side as related
what I recall from opinions or research by Bill Lyne.

From page 31 under Free-Energy Receiver
Tesla "was without the financial wherewithal to patent.."

I won't go into Tesla's finances because they were locked up but
according to Tesla words there apparently were contracts of non
disclosure. We know of Astor up to 1912 and Germany in 1914
and perhaps again in the 30s before the war. So into the 40s
with RCA, I think so.

Well here is what might be considered the reality check.
Tesla did not want to issue patents that JPM would own for free.
Tesla signed over 51% of all his patents and future patents
to JP Morgan for the initial outlay of $150,000 for the tower.

Simple as that, Tesla had a few un submitted patents drawn up
and kept great documentation for the rest of his work.

A Tesla movie is a joke as he sits at the end asking about JP Morgan
never calling. Get real. Society fashioned by the elite liars can't
take the truth. Tesla dumped JPM like a bag of dirt and did not
like doing business with him.

ED: I forgot to put in: Duh, financing patents for JPM would
make out some one as mad.

[edit on 10/28/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I suspect much of what we hear about Tesla is science fiction. The man was without question a genius and an amazing inventor who was destroyed for his ideas of free power but people greatly overlook the nature of humans at the time, the wive's tales they told then repeated and their willingness to believe basically anything if enough people were saying it.

First I will say take into consideration if he had succeeded.
A single man controlling all the world's only necessary power source?
Cars, heat, motors-virtually every device would be electric and he would possess the source of power. It would be a situation where we wouldn't need mass training or education in the field of power and as he became incredibly distrusting after encountering so much opposition, he was actually afraid to leave his lab for fear of intrusion and theft.

I doubt we would have such an advanced education system or much of an economy. It's likely our world population would be a fraction of what it is and Tesla would be regarded as the savior of the planet. We would have had his ideology imposed upon us.
Say and think what you will but, he would have ended up with world domination, even if it didn't occur until after his death.

I greatly suspect that Wardenclyffe wasn't what people like to believe in the sense that yes, it was going to be a power generator/station but no, it wasn't going to be from "radiant" energy. I strongly suspect Wardenclyffe tower was going to pulse ping radio signals into the ionosphere and convert the returning pong back into electricity due to the exponential increase in energy released by the ionosphere.
Many have claimed he would have been able to use this tower to control the weather and with a supply of these towers built in strategic places around the world, that likely ISN'T a wive's tale.
And if I'm right about using a ping/pong radio signal to generate power, it strongly supports the claims of weather control.

Another tale I believe to be a myth is Tesla ripping up his royalties contract with Westinghouse to save the man from financial ruin. Realistically, he would have simply waived collection of his royalties until Westinghouse was financially stable.
So what really happened?
Could it have been that Nikola was threatened?
The logical answer it that he was backed into a corner or forced into this decision. Nobody that brilliant knowingly in that much financial debt destroys their royalty contract with the most potential to provide them with unlimited funding.

Tesla is and forever will be the source of science fiction tales for centuries to come.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by JonDeath]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JonDeath

It was the Cosmic Influence which prevented the reality we would have had.

This should be evidence to you Earth's helm is guided by this divine influence, as the enlightened know.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There is no person that affects our daily lives more then Nikola Tesla. He truly was a Genius and hopefully one day the world will recognize, all that he has done for us.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hardly. He came up with AC power, fiddled with wireless energy transfer (which showed no promise), then went loony and claimed all these fantastic inventions he never had the foresight to record or make useful for the rest of the world. All this Tesla praise is sickening.

reply to post by filip3311

"There is no person that affects our daily lives more then Nikola Tesla" - please, show some evidence for this hyperbole! Hahaha!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join