It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrified US soldiers are still killing civilians with impunity, while the dead go uncounted

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
That is my point exactly.

You can sit arround wailing and moaning about us going over there all you want. Hell I WAS AGAINST us going over there.

But the problem is we went over there and we broke it.

We can just walk out and do you think flowers would blossom all over the country and these three groups of people who hate each other and all the foreign fighters would lay down their arms and go skipping through the flowers?

I understand your view here and I know US forces cant just leave the Iraq behind - which is exactly what the Corporation want, and this instabile situation is very suitable for their interests in Middle East. They dont really care about any American life lost or Iraqi.

I really dont see it happening.

Do you HONESTLY think we would just leave?

Do you HONESTLY believe we SHOULD just pack up and leave?

Like it or not the best solution that I can see is for them to stop and start at least trying to work through the Government.

They can always go back to beheading old women and hanging 9 year old girls.

As I said before, its a hypothetical scenario that I used to explain mister skippy, what kind of situation Iraq is facing. Sure, its a transition of govement, and this kind of transition always, and I mean ALWAYS, get Bloody. I think that US troops wont leave Middle Eastern area for a long, long time - at least that is how I understand current intentions by US goverment. Sure they can leave and pack backs - but that would end up in a far worse situation then it is today. And everybody is aware of that. So the vicious circle is complete - US troops cant leave because Iraq would end up in a Civil war, and the Insurgents wonts stop fighting until US troops leave Iraq. Who wins?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
No but I have condemned it where I thought it deserved being condemned. In other words not in the BS Jahidunspun articles you place so much faith in.

Also if a group is hiding in amoung a bunch of women and children which is worse those that shoot back or the brave heros that hide behind women and children to begin with?...lol

If I we are shooting at each other and you run and hide under your grandmas bed whose fault is it if she gets shot?

But you are right a lot of innocent people die in war, a fact I have seen with my own two eyes much to my regret.

The answer is to end it as quickly as possible wouldnt you think?

I think that this War in Iraq was total manipulation of the people - not just American, but World People. We are looking at the Strongest Propaganda Machine that the World has ever Seen - and ofcourse information is a Key Element in this War. It is much diffrent then in the "Old Days" of warfare, when people (like me) could not reach info from "the Other Side". Every story has its Storyteller, and the Western media is no diffrent the the Eastern - they all manipulate information for their own Good. But I like to see what the other side has to say, what they take for their "Truth". Ofcouse we all know that the First Victim in every war is Truth. You really dont know what is going on in Iraq, and me neither - its just our opinions, based on information that we received about it so far.

Now about "people hiding behind gradma's". Welcome to the new Urban Warfare - warfare, that would not have evolved, if the Western Colonialism would not have invaded the Middle East. The people of Middle East are diffrent then people in the West. Their Culture differs from yours and mine. USA, Europe and Russia have manipulated the Middle East from the end of WWII. This war in Iraq is nothing new in this place. Many wars have been fought here for supremacy over the territory and the ownership over the key resource. So this is the result of all that. Mix that with extreme Islamic Militant Groups - that were founded by the West in the first place (Al-Qaeda, Mujahedeen, Saddams regime in the 80's, etc), or they appeared after the West has invaded the Middle East (PLO, Hamas, Hizb Allah).

So what is really going on? Was the Middle East a bunch of Terrorists in the 1940's during the WWII?

[edit on 30/4/05 by Souljah]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

I think that this War in Iraq was total manipulation of the people - not just American, but World People.

I don't know about that. Most of the people in the world never allowed themselves to be manipulated. Even countries that sent personel had strong public opinions against the war. The U.S. is the only country that was over 50% in support in any of the polls I saw. Even Britain had protests of historical proportions. Spain was around 90% against from the get-go.

Only Poland had a 50/50 support rate, and that was because the Polish leaders never lied to the people. They said straight out that Poland was getting involved to build a stronger relationship with the U.S. and to secure contracts. They never talked about WMD or "liberation".

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Well, well well, another colorful story by Souljah.....how nice.

As usual American soldiers are riding 70 year old ladies like "Donkeys"...shooting up Iraqi towns like "cowboys" and stealing their oil.

Look in this instance that cars engine was shot up, but the occupants were not hurt. Your "colorful" article mentions that "many" Iraqis do not survive casual encounters with US soldiers....if that was the case millions of Iraqis would be dead.

The suicide bombers do far more damage than US troops, but you never seem to condem them Souljah.

Regarding our "firepower", we use only enough to get the mission done...Ive yet to see B-1 and B-52 bombers carpet bombing a village.

This is a nice peice of fiction tho and I enjoyed reading it.

Max

Max - You're so brainwashed - A bad, real bad case of a zombie-like victim of American brainwashing. The problem is that you have no idea. With so many people like you in the U.S. , America is more dangerous today than was Germany in the 1930's!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
not much we can do about it, we dont have the manpower to count the dead even if we try. and other non profit organizations arent even trying even those that really care.

Well its a little too late now to think about that. The US forces have turned Iraq into the Most Deadly Place in the World, a place of non-stop conflict, a place of non-stop fighting and bombing. Kind of like Isreal - you dont know when its gonna hit, either sucidide bombers or apache gunships.

The Most Deadly Place in the entire World, where even soldiers from the best equipped and armed army of the World, the US Army, are caught in an endless urban guerrilla, which they are not really deisgned to fight - with all that heavy equipment and heavy weapons.

And I can promise you one thing - The Bush evangelic/zionist fascist junta is hoping for and anticipating a civil war in Iraq next. The U.S. rigged the Iraqi elections. The Shia coalition actually recieved 60% of the votes. The U.S. rigged the elections and gave the Shia coalition 48% so that it wouldn't appear too suspicious, and yet enough so that they still will have to share with the Kurds and Sunnis. But with Ayatollah Sistani as the major power in Iraq and a majority of Shias controlling the parliament, the U.S. would still be loosing the game, while Iran would benefit instead. So the U.S. is hoping for and anticipating a civil war. And I'm sure that it will break out soon too. The Kurds and Sunnis and Shias will not get along. The Kurds and Sunnis will demand more power. The U.S. (And little satan Israel) will support Kurdish separatists in Northern Iraq to create an independent Kurdistan so that they also can get their hands on the oil in Kirkuk, and the U.S. will back Alawi or someone like him and somehow try to get control over Iraq. But things will get out of hand, and will not at all turn out the way the U.S. wanted. This thing with democracy in Iraq is a big joke. Iraqis don't know what democracy is. You can't impose democracy on a country - Democracy is not a bottle of milk or any other kind of product. When you interfere in the process of a country's evolution, the results will be the same as when you interfere in the evolution of nature - devastating. The U.S. tries to appear as a liberator and deliverer of freedom and democracies. This is absurd!! The truth is that the U.S. is a selfish, arrogant, cocky, bullying, militant, saboteur! A nation destroyer!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Siroos

The current situation in Iraq is Very Complicated - and who knows how many sides the Infamous CIA bribed or bought to "disturb peace" in Iraq and to destabilize the entire region. Bottom line is, that these people, these Brothers are killing each other by the hour, and the only one, that profits from this situation is the Corporate World - ofcourse by a terrible loss of Human Life, mostly Civilian. So lets take a quick look at the Haliburtion Fact Sheet:

- Halliburton has earned over $3.9 billion in government contracts in 2003 alone

- This includes combating oil fires and fix oil pipelines: $710 million; support for invading army: $820 million; housing and transportation for troops in Kuwait: $289 million; housing and transportation for troops in Jordan: $40 million; housing and transportation for teams searching for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq: $40 million

- Halliburton's net profit for the second quarter of 2003: $26 million - Halliburton net loss the second quarter of 2002: $498 million

- Other Halliburton Contracts:
  • Camp Bondsteel and Camp Monteith in Kosovo: $829.2 million
  • Eagle Base and Camp McGovern in Bosnia/Herzegovinia: $695.2 million
  • Taszar air base in Hungary: $287.7 million
  • Incirlik Airbase in Turkey: $100 million
  • Bagram and Kandahar Airbase in Afghanistan: $52.2 million
  • Camp Able Century in Macedonia: $30.5 million
  • Camp Lemonier in Djibouti: $28 million
  • Training mission in Georgia: $25.1 million
  • Camp Stronghold Freedom in Uzbekistan: $22.1 million

- In 2001 and 2002 Cheney earned twice as much in deferred salary from Halliburton from his previous job as chief executive officer of Halliburton - $183,000 each year. He also owns 433,000 unexercised Halliburton stock options at the end of 2002, worth more than $10 million dollars

But I dont belive that these Corporations represent the American People, you know what I am getting at? Its not about terrorists, or WMD's, or to free Iraqi People, or to destory Al-Qaeda - its just about the Money. The Military Corporations are very strong in the USA, and when President Kennedy tried to stop them from going entirely Inseane, they "removed" him, and then covered up the entire Truth. American Soldiers standing on Iraqi soil are the most innocent in this dirty game, for they are just doing their job. And right now their job is to play the role of Police, or perhaps to play the role of the Blue Helmet like UN soldiers, stuck between two, or possibly three sides fighting each other.

Anyway, I like your signature very much. Makes perfect sense!

"We should have our own nuclear technology. For us nuclear technology is like a kitchen knife. You buy one to prepare food. But if a thief came to your house, you might use it to defend yourself. This does not mean you bought the knife to kill anyone with it."

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Why do we have to continually make an effort to debunk the "killing their own" theories?

The suicide bombers are not from Iraq. They are "manufactured" throughout europe and the middle east, and "shipped" to Iraq, where the "demand" is high.

There are also hatred issues between arab cultures, why would one assume that they are all united against only the US? That's giving em too much credit.

cjf

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by benign
Why do we have to continually make an effort to debunk the "killing their own" theories?

The suicide bombers are not from Iraq. They are "manufactured" throughout europe and the middle east, and "shipped" to Iraq, where the "demand" is high.

True. Example 1 or Example 2

However, there are instances where Iraqi's have been ID'd as the 'bomber' in such afore mentioned 'attacks'. I would imagine the indigenous 'bombers' percentage's are lower than that of transplants, but with multiple groups often taking credit for single events sourcing the group is difficult.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Anyway, I like your signature very much. Makes perfect sense!

"We should have our own nuclear technology. For us nuclear technology is like a kitchen knife. You buy one to prepare food. But if a thief came to your house, you might use it to defend yourself. This does not mean you bought the knife to kill anyone with it."

The thug who carries a screw driver, who when stopped by the police says hes an electrician.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanguard
The thug who carries a screw driver, who when stopped by the police says hes an electrician.

Do you have to be an electrician in order to carry a screw driver? Man, I have many screwdrivers, does that make me a cyco?

Get Real!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think you are missing the point.

Iran are not allowed to conduct a nuclear weapons program - when they are asked they say they are doing the perfectly legal thing of pursuing a domestic nuclear energy program.

That’s what i was referring to with my analogy with the thug with a screwdriver. Perfectly legal to carry one and once stopped easy to deny that you have no hostile intent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join