It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA To Investigate Beagle 2 Disappearance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
At last someone is to investigate the mysterious disappearance of the British Beagle 2 probe lost whilst entering the Martian atmosphere on Christmas day 2003.

www.nasa.gov...

Rich Zurek Malin of Space Science Systems of San Diego will use the brilliant optics of the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter to try and work out what happened to the British probe and also where the US built Mars Polar Lander.

Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter will use three cameras to look at geology and search for lost landers. "In effect, it's like having a planetary microscope," explains Zurek. "You start with low magnification and switch to increasingly higher magnification for a closer look."

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I once speculated that Beagle 2 disappearance was not an unwanted event... Read an old thread about a martian moon here and see why there is a link... I think there is something there that most of the people didn't see or didn't want to see...

I don't think they will actively search, or at least they won't find...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Vince: could you fix that link? Its to an empty page.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Sorry about that...

Here is the page...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Actualy they allready have looked for both the Beagle and the Mars Polar Lander. With the Beagle they have not had much sucess but they do believe that they have found the Mars Polar lander.
Here is a link to the story which you can vote on;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The new Recon Orbiter will have a better ability to get close up images and will thus do a better job of finding anything. I am also interested to see that the Mars Orbiter will come up with now thats its Radar antenna is finaly being deployed. It will finish deploying the antenna this sunday and will then be able to do radar imaging about 3 miles deep into the Martian crust.
More here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

At last someone is to investigate the mysterious disappearance of the British Beagle 2 probe lost whilst entering the Martian atmosphere on Christmas day 2003.

I find it very strange how both of these landers just vanished!

The Beagle 2 just stopped sending data back for no reason!

The aliens have got them!!!!!

top topics

join