It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus married?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Jesus was called a good teacher in the NT, meaning he was a Rabbi..

He was loved... meaning he had to be married.

Christians bring up the letters of the apostles like it means something because it doesnt because those letters were written by mere men... Jesus is not.

Illmatic, I try to give you a little more lee-way than I do some one who presents themselves as a christian believer. Simply because, some one who is NOT of the faith, doesn't necessarily understand the faith. And I think I should be that way.

But, I'm not going to cut you slack when you use atrocious logic like that stated above.

1. We have addressed the "teacher" and "rabbi" issue and if you have the same problem reading and comprehending as Mikro has, please refer to statements made in my last post to him.

2. So...no one can be "loved" unless they are married? Does that mean all children are unloved until they get old enough to marry? does that mean all widows and widowers spend the rest of their lives after their spouses death...unloved? That statement just absolutely doesn't make sense.

3. Concerning what scriptures (and the epistles of the apostles ARE scriptures) Christians should and shouldn't regard in their own personal faith...you probably don't want me to get started on how much value I think ought to be placed on a document written by a camel salesman...ok?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Mikro........
Jesus may have called himself the Son of God..............but be assurd, that Jesus was called the Son of God by God Himself! Read the what is said in 4 of the gospels after his baptism.......I have been over this very same topic with Illmatic....largely ignored but applicable to this discussion, none-the-less.
There IS a major difference between "son" and "Son" as there is between "angel of the Lord" and "Angel of the Lord"........
regards
seekerof

How do you express the difference between Son and son when you speek? Or is your point that God has written the Gospels and given them to us? Besides, how do you express the difference between son and Son on Greek and Hebrew (or Aramaaic for that matter)? They only have one set of characters as far as I know, no capitals or minuscles, only letters. The difference between son and Son is due to theology, nothing more, nothing less, a way to express that Jesus is indeed the King of the kings of Judah, the Lion of Judah tribe. But you are of course right, Jesus is THE son of God, he is the Lion of the tribe of Judah for God's sake, the very foundation of the Davidian kingship, the King of kings. Something to think about here I guess....

When God recognise and establish Jesus as king of the Jews, he simply says: "This is my son, whom I really like". However the untamed Romans wanted a priesthood, their own temples, statues of all the other sons and daughters of God (they who believe in Jesus are all called the children of God), they needed to make a difference between Jesus and the rest of their bandwagon. Hence in the Middle Ages when we got capitals and minuscles (big and small letters) into our alephbets this was easily done by using a capital letter. I agree with you partly here, but we have to look at the facts here. See?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yes, and I understand.
I find that this has further gone to hold what I said true with my first posting on this subject......key word: "interpretations."

Hence my avoidance of these sensitive subjects. One may see or interpret one way and another may see or interpret another way.

I really don't care if Jesus was married or, indeed, wasn't.......its the message that he had that matters to me. Its a shame that a "book" causes so much discoarse and controversy, and the main reason is due to interpretations. God, Jesus, etc. are beyond the idea's and interpretations of this "book".....its the message that should ultimately matter.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Yeah, Mikro, I was wonder the same thing. How many times will people have to throw the same facts down in front of you...and then watch you completely ignore it.[/quotes]

RABBI is both a PROPER NOUN and a COMMON NOUN.

Yes, and that was the reason Jesus somehow didn't like being called rabbi? Read the Gospel of John, how two of the disciples of John the Baptist came to Jesus calling him Rabbi (in Hebrew, as it is even translated into Greek and explained), and Jesus answers and proudly shows them his house too.

Jesus REJECTED THE WORD AS ANY TITLE TO HIM WHETHER IT WAS THE PROPER OR COMMON NOUN, AND INSTEAD CALLED HIMSELF A TEACHER WITHOUT USING THE WORD RABBI.

So you lived back then and knows the language Jesus spoke? Which language did Jesus speek? Greek? No. He spoke Aramaic. You are confused about this. The person who told you these things probably knows what he was talking about, for Aramaic grammatics is something for itself. Infact when they translate the Father to be Father, they have only the earlier Hebrew for support, for in Aramaic there is no difference between father and mother. The name is genderless and should be translated either parent or even parents. As for the teacher part. In the Gospel of John in it's first chapter, Jesus is called Rabbi in Hebrew, for the disciples of the prophet John the Baptist, knew Hebrew, for they studied the Prophets and the Law in, guess which language? Hebrew of course. And for a Jew to call a teacher of the Law anything BUT the proper Hebrew name Rabbi is absurd. Jesus wasn't a general teacher, he was THE Teacher of the Law and the Prophets. He didn't teach mathmatics or the sciences, he taught the Law, hence Rabbi is the only correct word to use for such a man.

Can't say it any plainer than that.

Well thank you!

Concerning my username. STICK IT IN YOUR LEFT EAR! I chose Valhall because it is representative of a sanctuary for martyred fighters of good.

Good? Wow. Since when were the ethics and laws of the Norse, hethen vikings ever concidered to be good in a Judeo-Christian perspective? Infact Odin was the one eyed barbarian who performed tricks and deceit wherever he went. Don't tempt me on this. If yopu didn't know it I'm Norwegian, and the name for this belief can't even be spelled out in English. �satrua. Did you know that the Nazis follow this belief and ethics in order to wipe out everyone who are not of god-race? Probably not. The nazis are reknown for being good to you too? Just like the mj�d drinking, nun-raping, monk-killing and luting warriors who invented this belief in the first place? I'll tell you one thing missy. Get your history and religion knowlegde up on a desent level before you start talking about these things. Odin was the Ba'al of the Norse vikings, finally exterminated by Olaf the Holy, the Norwegian king of kings about whom Jesus said in a vision should rule as king in Norway eternally. Get real. You can't be both a Chriostian and a worshipper of the hethen cults! BTW. Did you know that Dajjal which is the name of Antichrist in Arabic is depicted in the Koran as a one eyed false prophet? With characteristics not unlike those of Odin, the hethen god....

If you think you can insinuate that because I didn't pick "The Virgin Mary" as my username, I have no authority to speak on this, you better get ready for me to come at you like Rooster Cogburn...reigns in my mouth and both guns a blazin. That's totally HORSE HOCKEY.

Yes, come on. You will not be the first who has tried to kill me. What you do here is actually to threat me on my life, are you aware of that. I am in my full right to sue the hell out of you, something that I of course will not do just like that. But I have saved your statement just in case I'll need it one day.

I'm going to use the words of Ignatius here. Because, even though he was talking about the ignorance and folly of the DECEIVER, it darned sure seems to apply to you:

CHAP. IV.--THE MALIGNITY AND FOLLY OF SATAN.
And indeed, before the cross was erected, he (Satan) was eager that it should be so; and he "wrought" [for this end] "in
the children of disobedience."(1) He wrought in Judas, in the Pharisees, in the Sadducees, in the old, in the young, and in
the priests. But when it was just about to be erected, he was troubled, and infused repentance into the traitor, and pointed
him to a rope to hang himself with, and taught him [to die by] strangulation. He terrified also the silly woman, disturbing
her by dreams; and he, who had tried every means to have the cross prepared, now endeavoured to put a stop to its
erection;(2) not that he was influenced by repentance on account of the greatness of his crime (for in that case he would not
be utterly depraved), but because he perceived his own destruction [to be at hand]. For the cross of Christ was the beginning
of his condemnation the beginning of his death, the beginning of his destruction. Wherefore, also, he works in some that they
should deny the cross, be ashamed of the passion, call the death an appearance, mutilate and explain away the birth of the
Virgin, and calumniate the [human] nature s itself as being abominable. He fights along with the Jews to a denial of the
cross, and with the Gentiles to the calumniating of Mary,(4) who are heretical in holding that Christ possessed a mere
phantasmal body.(5) For the leader of all wickedness assumes manifold(6) forms, beguiler of men as he is, inconsistent, and
even contradicting himself, projecting one course and then following another. For he is wise to do evil, but as to what good
may be he is totally ignorant. And indeed he is full of ignorance, on account of his voluntary want of reason: for how can he
be deemed anything else who does not perceive reason when it lies at his very feet?

P.S. I'm done with you. You have proven yourself unworthy of discussion on this matter. Regards and best wishes on your journey.

May you get a lesson like that of Haman in the time of Esther. If it is the will of the eternal God. You talk about the Deceiver, yet you hide behind a name whose cult believes in it had the dragon as their primal totem, just like the tribe of Dan whose prince in heaven was Satan. Vallhalla is a place of torture in She'ol, far away from the dwelling of Abraham. A place where darkness rules and where God is far from it. Go study the �satrua, and then look into the prophecy of the Antichrist, who is the false prophet. Just a hint. Stop playing with fire, it'll come to you....

May God bless you and forgive you so your destiny doesn't end here, but may the Lord of Hosts give you a lesson you'll never forget.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Yes, and I understand.
I find that this has further gone to hold what I said true with my first posting on this subject......key word: "interpretations."

Hence my avoidance of these sensitive subjects. One may see or interpret one way and another may see or interpret another way.

I really don't care if Jesus was married or, indeed, wasn't.......its the message that he had that matters to me. Its a shame that a "book" causes so much discoarse and controversy, and the main reason is due to interpretations. God, Jesus, etc. are beyond the idea's and interpretations of this "book".....its the message that should ultimately matter.

regards
seekerof

Well said, Seeker. You are one of the only people in this thread that still has my undivided respect, for you fight in rightiousness, and don't need to threaten me on my life for having pointed something. Blessings and blessings. You are a person who deserves the Kingdom of God in my opinion. I was called by God and given the name Peter you know, to be a brother to the Jewish believer in Jesus of Nazareth

In the name of Jesus Christ:
May God be with you!
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
by Illmatic67:

Tyriffic, why are you asking me to search through threads to see whether or not you've bashed Islam when you just did it on this thread?

I don't care if you dislike Islam. Don't bring it up here because this thread has nothing to do with islam or Muhammad. This thread is about JESUS.. Keyword here is Jesus.

Your thread topic is offensive.
If I started a thread about Mohomet saying he was a pedohile, you would blaze me................to me, you did the same thing. You cant find my post bashing Islam just for bashing sake, this is why you can't search for it.

You are focused on making Islam the victim here when it is you looking for apostasy with Jesus.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
...and Mikro. I think you know the Bible as well as another well- versed individual....

And He is wrong still.

I'm not going to call you names or use your sarcasm. I do not want to harm you.
I just know you are plain wrong. I know you are wrong because scripture does not back you up without your twisting it like a rubber band until it suits your purpose- which is deceiving.

I will wait here for your rant and history lesson that will still not prove Jesus had a wife and children- whom we still know nothing of and never have. History.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join