It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1938 "War Of The Worlds" radio show by Orsen Welles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
war of the worlds

was not MERELY a broadcast by mercury theatre.

it was designed. to see cause and effect. [ and not by orson wells or that theatre companies' curiosity either ]

I'll post any pertinent links I may find at another time...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

it was designed. to see cause and effect.

Only one major problem with that idea...

In 1938, the term "flying saucer" didn't even exist yet. It'd be another 9 years before it became a household word and the public would be interested in UFOs. To assume there'd be a reason to test such cause and effect, would imply that the government was somewhat clairvoyant in this issue....and I think that's giving them far too much credit...
In 1938, it simply wasn't that much of a known phenomenon at all....

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
An agreement right back at you Gazrok, besides what you said what could really be learned by that event? People panic when confronted with the unknown, no news there.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
cause was not the ufos' , but the scare tactics used , and the effects it had on people.

THAT was the REAL TEST , the REAL REASON...I believe it was by the rand corporation...the oldest think tank around. and WHY , is the unasnswered question then HOW was the INFO used...

sorry , no links. I tried a google but came up empty.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
mother of god,stop bumping old threads

JAK

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
mother of god,stop bumping old threads

If someone has a point to add it is much preferred that they add it to an already existing thread addressing that same topic through starting another.

toasted:

I have heard this theory that it was intentionally broadcast with the purpose of viewing the reaction of the general public to such an announcement, but that is all. I have never read or heard anything appearing to confirm that viewpoint.

I have though read that Orson's company was close to losing it's radio show, that it's ratings were very poor and that he broadcast this in such a fashion in hope of precisely such a reaction to increase the profile of his theatre company. I heard the the station were well aware of this too and in on the whole thing.

Jak

[edit on 9/6/05 by JAK]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
considering the info I have read about ,

WWI, WWII , vietnam, CIA , ufos',iran contra , uk inciting arabs to protest the jews [ lots of contrivances ] , ok city coverup , and much much much more

I find it quite easy to believe.

I believe that daniel hopsicker mentioned it, in one of his DVDs ...[ not proof , but then enuf circumstancial evidence, can be quite damning...]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I believe that daniel hopsicker mentioned it, in one of his DVDs ...[ not proof , but then enuf circumstancial evidence, can be quite damning...]

i hope you never do jury duty

what would the feds have to gain by arranging this ? and what would they do with the info ?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
dunno for sure [ altho I could speculate ]

but I'm not talking the history channel version either

the way you phrased that...I get the impression your not up to speed on the contrivances I skimmed over.

eh ?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
dunno for sure [ altho I could speculate ]

but I'm not talking the history channel version either

the way you phrased that...I get the impression your not up to speed on the contrivances I skimmed over.

eh ?

Did the aforementioned contrivances spell out what the feds wanted to know and what they did with the info ? Did they form alien invasion civilian response task force units ?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
no...nothing like that

just think about it for a while

what kinds of info , could be gathered from a drama, set-up like that ? eh ?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Why would the feds make alcohol illegal!

Why would there be such a thing as a War on Drugs?
Why was cannabis made illegal to grow?

Why did Canada go through Prohibition before the United States, if it wasn't a small scale test?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join