It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Hillary Clinton Aide Reportedly Taped in FBI Probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
David Rosen, a former aide to Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY), was reportedly taped by colleague Ray Reggie, a brother-in-law of Senator Edward Kennedy (D-Mass). Rosen is the target of an FBI investigation into allegations that costs for a fundraiser held for Hillary Clinton in Hollywood were underreported in campaign finance reports. Reggie cooperated with the FBI investigation to reduce his sentence in an unrelated bank fraud case against him.

www.boston.com
WASHINGTON -- Senator Edward M. Kennedy's brother-in-law secretly taped at least one telephone conversation as part of an FBI investigation into a former aide to Senator Hillary Clinton, according to published reports.

Raymond Reggie, a brother of Kennedy's wife, Victoria Reggie Kennedy, pleaded guilty Thursday on federal bank fraud charges in New Orleans.

Reggie's role in taping the former Clinton aide for the FBI surfaced as a result of that plea, the reports said. The reports quoted unnamed sources as saying Reggie worked with the FBI in its investigation of former Clinton aide David Rosen.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There's been a cloud of suspicion over the financing of Hillary's successful 2000 New York Senate run for a long time now. Although the FBI says Clinton herself is not a target of the investigation, if these new tapes provide clinching evidence of wrongdoing, her chances in an expected 2008 presidential run could be in jeopardy.

Related News Links:
www.nypost.com

[edit on 4/25/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The tapes may prove some damage, a Kennedy involved in this mess will cause more Demo damage than anything on the tapes.

Flame on Ted

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ahhh, so it begins......

By under reporting the cost of the gala, that would increase the apparent amount of actual campaign funds raised.....so it amounts to: they didn't raise as much money as they said they did.

I am missing why this is worthy of an FBI investigation.

And your news link doesn't exactly say anything about a 'cloud of suspicion' hanging over Hillary's financing of her senate campaign.....?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I can't believe those meanies taped here. My question is, what kind of tape did they use, was it Scotch Tape, maybe Duct?

By the way, I think it's spelled tapped, not taped.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posed by Frayed1

By under reporting the cost of the gala, that would increase the apparent amount of actual campaign funds raised.....so it amounts to: they didn't raise as much money as they said they did.

I am missing why this is worthy of an FBI investigation.

And your news link doesn't exactly say anything about a 'cloud of suspicion' hanging over Hillary's financing of her senate campaign.....?

By increasing the apparent amount raised from this fundraiser the campaign had more unregulated "hard" money on its books. Therefore the campaign ended up spending regulated "soft" money as if it were "hard" money due to the accounting irregularity. This is a clear violation of federal election laws and warrants FBI investigation.

I live in NY and I know these allegations as well as others have been bandied about for some time.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I can't believe those meanies taped here. My question is, what kind of tape did they use, was it Scotch Tape, maybe Duct?

I think that you tap a phone line, and tape a conversation.

And I think the conversation was between her aide and Raymond Reggie, not here (I think it's spelled her, not here).

You're welcome.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Camp Kerry is doing its homework on Hillary now. Pretty simple really, politics is politics.

It's nothing compared to the floor fight the Republican party is going to have when picking a nominee.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

By increasing the apparent amount raised from this fundraiser the campaign had more unregulated "hard" money on its books. Therefore the campaign ended up spending regulated "soft" money as if it were "hard" money due to the accounting irregularity. This is a clear violation of federal election laws and warrants FBI investigation.

I live in NY and I know these allegations as well as others have been bandied about for some time.

That first paragraph should, maybe, have been in your article? It's cogent, suprisingly.
The second allegation is broad enough to be taken as factual, but in actuality, is more ReichWing hot air aimed at the Clinton's by a Gingriched/Limbaughed member of the flock.

Nerdling: Haven't you heard? Bill " The Cat Torturer" Frist is going to be the GOP nominee in 2008.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Only if you are refering to getting someone's attention by tapping them on the shoulder. Taping is the "term" used to mean recording someone's voice using a tape recorder. Now, whether this is an accurate assessment is questionable since I'm sure the FBI would certainly take into use the digital option which would mean they recorded her voice digitally. However, whether or not anyone tapped her is irrelevant.

Now, to wit..the alledged reich wing influence is tough to say. Generally, when people get cocky and begin to think they are above the rules they make for the rest of us, they have no need of help from anyone breaking them. I'm certain Hillary's support for campaign finance reform was based of the exclusion of herself for varying reasons.

No on makes new rules for themselves. They do it because they , in their elite wisdom, have a better sense of what is right for you and I but to attempt to hold them accountable for violations is useless. Those rules did not apply to her in that way..Only to the rest of us.

Now that we have that cleared up, I think we need to hear an apology from the repulicans on their inability to inform the FBI upon whom they may and may not enforce law. Someone sure as hell dropped the ball on this one.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by astrocreep]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
[edit on 25-4-2005 by astrocreep]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Gee, Hillary and Co. get taped, tapped, etc and someone reveals it to the media, it's a big "right wing conspiracy". We're supposed to allow those liberals and Democrats the ability to misinterpret rules all they want. Suppressing such reports, that's a good thing, to keep those nasty conservatives from having any ammunition.

But the Catholic Church does the same thing, well, let the anti-teutonic racism comments flow. Thye mut reveal every litle bit of dirty laundry, and let the nice liberal wolves tear them to pieces.

One or the other, people. All or nothing, favoritism starts to look a lot like hypocrisy after awhile.

top topics

join