It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric Crackling noise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Last night I was hearing this, I thought it was the wind of course, since I was half asleep and all. But then I seperated out the sound of the wind and realized it was something else. It's this sound of electric crackling like electric sparks are popping in the microwave like popcorn. I was tired so I decided I didn't want to hear it, and then I felt what felt like this muscle in the front of my brain tense up and the sound stopped. I figured I just tuned it out. I've felt that same thing before in other strange situations, a sort of tensing up of a muscle of some sort in the forehead.

I'm curious what the take is on this forehead thing and also on the nature of this crackling thing, thanks.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
sometimes when we fall in that half-asleep/half-awake zone, our senses significantly heighten
the crackling sound could be magnified sounds of your fridge buzzing or a piece of electric equipment like stereos that emit these sounds while theyre in standby mode
redundant sounds we normally tune out can sound alien in this state of mind
not saying that's definitely what's happening to you, but that's one of many possibilities

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm not a doctor so I don't have anything to say on strange occurences with your muscles. However I believe I remember hearing a crackling sound (certainly when I touched things) when the humidity was below 10 percent and the room I was in was super charged with static electricity. I could discharge static electricity by touching a cinder block wall with each finger, and then immediately start back over again with each finger.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i havent heard that crackling noise you described, but i do feel like im falling when i drift off to sleep.
not a continous fall but what it feels like is when you jump down from a high step.
it happens to me about once a week or twice in approx 2 weeks.
i can go a full week and it wont happen, but then it will happen 2 nights in a row.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I guess I should add that this sound was something that woke me up and also something that I've never heard before. I've never experienced the mentioned heightened sense of hearing overnight. I sleep really light so any small noises wake me up. This is why I assumed this noise was leaves outside in the wind, that has woken me up before. But this was inside the house. Very unlike anything I've ever heard before. Of course, now I'm gonna try to hear it again, because I'm just silly that way.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
well, not sure, but I've heard that some folks are sensitive to earth changes. and to ELF signals as well

this may or may not be the case. regardless of whether or not you are aware of it or not, it could be due to a change within you, that you are unaware of.

or it could simply be a transformer in your neighborhood is arcing inside and is ready to blow.

if and when you decide you'd rather sleep thru the nite undisturbed,as opposed to investigating weird noises ,then I'd
recommend getting a 3inch fan and put it near the head of the bed and turn it on , the gentle whooshing sound, will mask any normal sounds that may otherwise wake you.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I experimented with my static cling on my knit sweater the other night and realized that it sounded almost exactly like that crackling noise. Except, the most I could ever get out of my sweater was brief bursts of static pops. So if it was just static that I was hearing, it was a steady stream of static.
I also allow for the possibility that I was hearing some sounds that fall below normal levels to be heard while wide awake. Sometimes I can hear my little watch ticking even under laundry so it could have been something else. It wouldn't be the first time I was alarmed at something that didn't turn out to be what I thought it was.
The reason it freaked me out at the time was because I'd seen people describing similar sounds in their homes during hauntings.
But my home is non-supernatural. Very boring.
I replicated the same eating patterns and time schedule before bed the following night and had no strange things happen. Just what I would call a normal dream and grouchy morning.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Is it very high pichted? I have a wind noise with a very high piched whining sometimes before going to sleep. If so...

It is the sound I have heard before comming close to AP/OOBE.

I think it is your body/soul starting to vibrate at a higher frequency to take you into dream land...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I hear electricity, maybe you do too, here's a great thread on the topic
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not sure whether you are hearing electricity or the vibrations before an oobe, you should experiment to find out

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ok, I heard it again Friday morning. So there's something going on I think. It was much louder this time. I was dreaming and I heard it and it woke me up WIDE awake this time but stopped then. So I only heard it for the two seconds or so that it took me to wake up. But this time I had the feeling that it was coming from my body for some reason.
This made me think of the other electric noises I've heard. There have only been two, both originated from the back of my neck. One happened only once about 15 years ago, I had just woken up and I could hear a metallic tapping on the back of my neck, it felt like it was in my spine. I was also paralyzed and couldn't move. I thought I would never be able to move again and lay there for several minutes trying to figure out what was going on. Eventually I did this whole "matrix like (there is no spoon)" type thing and got my body to start moving again, at which point the noise stopped. I think it was the electric pulse being generated in association with my heartbeat that I was hearing that time. I only heard that the one time. The other noise I've heard comes from the same location on the back of my neck but happens when I'm wide awake, it's sort of a funny electric impulse that triggers digestive movements. It's strange more than anything because I will hear a very distinct pattern of metallic noises from that location and it will stop, then I will hear a corresponding grumble from my intestines that follows the exact pattern made in my neck. I don't know what that's all about. But there you have it.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This is when your energy body is changing speeds.Inside of your body it sounds like your electromagnetic field is moving up in vibration or aligning with a new one.Try to see if your hearing and seeing is amplified on another level.This sounds like you are assembling new worlds in the perspective of viewing/hearing/feeling goes.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Could you explain a little better, I'm just confused by that post.

I mean the part about assembling new worlds, I've never heard this before.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Actually, this is very commonly reported from people who astral project. The noise is probably one of two things.

1) The sound of your body's energy vibrating while you're asleep. Usually this is something you only think you hear, but in reality it's something you're feeling.

2) The sound of your astral body seperating from your physical body. The noise that people hear seems to vary from person to person when seperating. Sounds include buzzing, ringing, crackling, popping, static, and the list goes on. Some people say it's similar to the sound you get when you rip velcro off of something like cotton.

My view is that it's perfectly normal. Happens to lots of people, doesn't hurt anyone, and it's nothing to worry about.

That or there's something terribly wrong with the wiring in your house. Get that checked out; that's a potential fire hazard.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
do live near power lines or a power plant? high tention lines ckackle & buzz if the turbines are running at a nuclear power plant and one trips it makes a ckackleing grinding sound that can be heard for 1 to 2 miles.(it will scare the crap out you)

new topics

top topics

join