It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT do you think that the Vatican Library is hiding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have read posts asking whether people believe that the Vatican Library is hiding "things" from the public. It would seem, after reading a number of posts that the concensus is that people DO believe that there are all manner of secrets and things that the Vatican is keeping from "us". But, I have to ask, just WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK THE VATICAN IS HIDING?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I personally don't think they are hiding anything relevant. What I mean by that is I don't think they are hiding anything important, or anything pretaining to Jesus Christ and what may or may not have happened during his time. If they are hiding something, it may be a secret book on the end of times or something along those lines. But I really have no way of knowing, and this is pure speculation on my part. However, what I will say is that this is a conspiracy website, so of course most people here will think they are hiding something.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The only thing I think they'd be hiding is religious scriptures they wont want to get out because it may undermine the religion....

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Nah, if there was anything that could utterly destroy the Church, they'd just burn it. I have a feeling that most of what is in the Secret Library is secreted away simply because the Vatican has the power to do it.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yes, I KNOW that this is a conspiracy website. But, after reading posts on the forum regarding things hidden in the Vatican Library, I am curious as to what these people THINK is hidden there. There are folks out there who think that the answer to EVERYTHING is in there but no one is very specific. As for myself, I don't really think that there is anything of interest in there UNLESS I were a theologian or a historian. Oh there might be some details of Vatican relationships with the Nazis or the Soviets but, again, it's history. Maybe there is some info on a "special relationship" between the U.S. and the C.I.A. and the Vatican that might be pertinent today but it's doubtful that the Vatican Library has the "plans for the N.W.O." (other than the Bible), or the actual "alien autopsy" film. But people, it seems, tend to think that there is some explanation for current events hidden away in those archives. Incidentally, the image of dust covered walls, shelves and tomes arranged in some medievil vault is wholly inaccurate. In the last decade, the Vatican Library was moved to a large underground vault. The Library itself has been undergoing a reorganization ; cataloguing the collection into a modern computerized organizational and preservational system. But I suppose the half-crazed monks doing the work have been sworn to secrecy or, better yet, they have had their tongues removed and, besides, they will never see the light of day anyway.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think they are hiding the fact that one of Jesus's disciples was Mary Magdalene and she was his partner and that she was held in high regard. I think they are hiding that there was a sexual relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdalene. The church later removed most references to her and labeled her a prostitute to further belittle her importance. The fact that they were not married would be something the church would not want known and also the fact that she held a higher position as a disciple than the male disciples would wreck all this stuff that the women can't be priests and also the idea of celebacy for priests as well as nuns, plus it would place questions on the importance of marriage.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I would extrapolate from the things they have already admitted to having hidden. Things like their involvement with the Nazi Party and helping them escape after Germany was defeated. Heretical writings that they collected over their years of the inquisition. Notes on the hearings, torture methods and exact numbers from the inquisition. Prophecies such as Fatima. Records on their involvement and influence with other world governments throughout history. Maybe a few religious artifacts, that they deem too precious, or politically destabilizing to release, the Arc of the Covenant would be a good example of one that could cause political destabilization if they had it in their possession. Documents that go against their dogma. Things that the protestant reformers used to identify Rome as the fourth beast of Daniel, such as the garments that are now no longer worn that used to say VICARIVS FILII DEI which equals 666 in Latin numbering… Stuff like that.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

TextThe fact that they were not married would be something the church would not want known and also the fact that she held a higher position as a disciple than the male disciples would wreck all this stuff that the women can't be priests and also the idea of celebacy for priests as well as nuns, plus it would place questions on the importance of marriage.
Actually, if Christ had been married, it probably would have been revealed and this information would go a long way towards bringing the Church and the Jews together. Remember, Christ's apostles called him Teacher or Rabbi. It is customary for Rabbis to be MARRIED. To be unmarried raises questions and doubts about Chirst's status as a Rabbi. It has been conjectured, incidentally, that the wedding at Cannan, where Christ performed the miracle of turning wine into water was Christ's OWN wedding -- perhaps to Mary Magdalene herself. And as far as the question of celebacy, this was not originally part of the Church. There were married priests until the middle ages. An order for celebacy was instituted to eliminate the sin of simony and nepotism. Early priests and bishops, rather than caring selflessly for their flocks would be more concerned with their own families and would, of course, show great favoritism for their sons. This was a change that came after Martin Luthor brought this injustice to light.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Aw, but I said they were not married and had a sexual relationship plus she held a higher position as a disciple than the male disciples. The fact that Jesus had a sexual relationship with a woman and called her his partner without the sanctity of marriage would be something to hide.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Goose I find it hard to believe that Christ would be doing something that he was preaching was in fact wrong. I would think that if had been doing what you claim he would have certainly not been going around picking on people for fornication and adultery. If it were known that he was actively committing adultery, they would have used that against him in pilot’s court for sure, besides it being a stoning offence. What Benevolent is saying is much more accurate, and actually believed by many to be true. Personally, though I choose the more conventional view of the subject.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
The only thing I think they'd be hiding is religious scriptures they wont want to get out because it may undermine the religion....

Why wouldn't they just destroy those documents? Also, the 'canon' was somewhat established before the RCC existed, they couldn't've gotten any 'authentic' documents that were circulating in the Early Christian Community and dropped it down some memory hole. The vatican generally received christian dogma (at least the basis) from out of that ECC, I shoudl think.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
after reading through some recent postings, I did realize that there was at least one BIG secret, hidden in the Vatican Library, that would interest a great many people. That is, the Third Secret of Fatima. When the secret was "revealed" last year, it struck so many people as unsatisfactory that I simply could not accept this myself. Anyway, it's propably the one secret that I would find relevant. Otherwise, I really doubt that there is anything that would be of profound, earth-shaking relevance being "hidden" there.

top topics

join