It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.......it is time for change

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Any more than two shakes is a wank.

Any more than two posts on this Topic is a communist.

McCarthyism is making a solid return, but this time it is more of the Stalinist variety than the good ol' apple pie variety. I hope the US populace enjoys it as many people I have read talking about Homeland Security, TIA, Patriot Acts here are too apathetic to bother doing anything but defend them on the basis that "I haven't seen it affect anyone's liberties round here"...

=======================================

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, just sit back and wait. All you got is time and it goes by on its own, you ain't gotta worry about it

tuttutlol

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
i have no idea what's going on right now. um. at least this thing has been set back on track thanks cassini for doing that. for everyone else, the point of this discusion was to see how the public would respond to my ideals. right now i have analysed that response and modified my plans to fit that. everything you see will be so far off from what happens in the end, that you can't even begin to realise the going-ons that are happening daily. i don't want marshal law, i don't want a restriction on our ability to be free, but most of all i don't want to have our right to change governemnt as we see fit to preserve liberty and happiness taken from us. it is our right, and we shall use it.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Didnt realise you had gone again p_c

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
i just realised i haven't been online for three days lol. but i';m back around now i think, or maybe not. i really don't know....

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Nows p_c's gone again.*scratches head and nads*

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   
29MV29, yes, the Declaration of Independance stated our case to the world and to the ruler of the colonies the reason why we had to declare our own run for sovereignty. A few years later the greatest governmental docoment was created, and then it was defined a little better by the ratification of ten amendments. We've gone horribly astray from the way the nation was to be, and very few people can tell you where we went astray and how, why the constitution has been basically suspended and why statutes have replaced constitutional laws.
Tut, yes, I say that I've seen no rights violations over TIA, Patriot Act, etc, and I stick to that. And again, as we are at war, and as the war is a new type of war for us and as the fact is the enemy likes to hide behind women and children, blend in as a civilian and then attack in a manner that inflicts maximum civilian casualties, the strategy of this war on the domestic side of the front will be different. As far as praising a youngster for wanting to incite armed rebellion, unless someone is going in the right direction from a mess, a man can find himself walking into a larger pile of mess.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   
posted on 07/24/2003 at 02:01 AM Post Number: 130772 quote report

Tut, yes, I say that I've seen no rights violations over TIA, Patriot Act, etc, and I stick to that. And again, as we are at war, and as the war is a new type of war for us and as the fact is the enemy likes to hide behind women and children, blend in as a civilian and then attack in a manner that inflicts maximum civilian casualties, the strategy of this war on the domestic side of the front will be different. As far as praising a youngster for wanting to incite armed rebellion, unless someone is going in the right direction from a mess, a man can find himself walking into a larger pile of mess.

========================================

Perhaps you do not see them Thomas. However, where I live the violations of civil rights have been noted by local governments. In fact the municipalities of Fairbanks and Anchorage have elected not to co-operate with the federal government as regards the Patriot Act. And the Borough I live in is also denying co-operation with the Fed as are others. Ashcroft was here last week and he was not warmly welcomed.
There is a thread around here somewhere that I posted on his visit and subject.
And further more I praised his ideals and his spirit and his ability to see reality. And I did not urge him to incite armed rebellion, I do not belive it has come to that point yet! I repeat yet! And I do not belive PhoenixCross stated that he was ready to begin armed conflict yet.
That is why I have re-posted his opening thoughts, he urges it is time to fight. There are many ways to fight non-violently. It is called civil dis-obiediance eserver.org...
and it has been around for a long time.

"Civil Disobedience" in three parts: One - Two - Three

(Originally published as "Resistance to Civil Government")

"I became convinced that noncooperation with evil is as much a moral obligation as is cooperation with good. No other person has been more eloquent and passionate in getting this idea across than Henry David Thoreau. As a result of his writings and personal witness, we are the heirs of a legacy of creative protest." - Martin Luther King, Jr, from his Autobiography, Chapter 2

"when, in the mid-1950's, the United States Information Service included as a standard book in all their libraries around the world a textbook of American literature which reprinted Thoreau's 'Civil Disobedience,' the late Senator Joseph McCarthy of Wisconsin succeeded in having that book removed from the shelves -- specifically because of the Thoreau essay." - Walter Harding, in The Variorum Civil Disobedience

Much more information: Links to other "Civil Disobedience" sites

"Civil Disobedience" originated as a Concord Lyceum lecture delivered by Henry on January 26, 1848. It was first published in May of 1849, in Aesthetic Papers, a short-lived periodical that never managed a second issue. The modern title comes from Yankee in Canada, with Anti-Slavery and Reform Papers, an 1866 collection of Thoreau's work.

Perhaps you should re-read it and see if it is still applicable before the Patriot Act claims it is not.
And I agree with you there are about 270,000,000 Americans walking blindly into a mess like fat sheep to a slaughter.

Originally posted by phoenix_cross
in light of recent events, i am sad to say that the time to fight has come. our government, of the united states of america, is failing to uphold the needs of the people, and instead, has us embattled world wide, against many forces. we are in a state of war. at home, our economy is falling up and down at an unsteady pace, much more of this may as well lead us into a second great depression. the war in iraq, is costing taxpayers 16 Billion dollars, a month. this war is costing us, upwards of seven american soldiers, a week. in two months time, we'll likely see 100+ deaths, and possibly 250 or more casualties.

the situation here at home, we have little to show for the war. in afghanistan, it is unstable, the taliban and al qaeda are still putting up resistance to our boys, and we have yet to see the dead body of bin laden on cnn. in iraq, saddam has eluded us, and with the death of Uday and Qusay in question, the conspiracy feeling is great. many americans are out of jobs. many of us live on less than 15,000$ dollars a year, and many of those people have kids to feed. we are seeing a decline in the jump the economy was showing, when this war on iraq was going strong. we are headed for failure, we are the earths largest debtor nation, and this year is our largest fiscal deficit. it is time for us to save freedom.

the patriot act, is infringing upon our rights as a people, and could easily be used to put us in a state of New World Order, and martial law. a growing minority belive that the united states government had a large role in the events of nine eleven. bush, is likely going to be relelected, the democrats are in chaos, and no candidate has a real way out of this war on terror. before the election in 2oo4, i can almost guarntee, some event that will give bush enough support to win again, push us again, into four more years of suffering. i as an american, am not going to take this sitting down, nor will i take it at all. we will restore patriotism, honor, and most of all the constitution. i know many agree with my sentiment. and we have many options available to us. civil disobidience will not work in this case. we face too determined a government, to fall to the tactics of mandela, or ghandi. we must fight. we must, get up, pick up our arms, and take back our government.

whoever supports this ideal, please say so, then i will set up a date for us to meet online somehow, in a chat or something, and we will plan more things out then, a course of action that will follow this pattern.

one, inform the people, and provide proof, hopefully the Veritas group can aid us in this.

two, fight back the expected rebuttals and debunkaries by mass media corporations such as cnn and fox and the six other giants that pretty much control what we think happens in the world.

and three, as a last resort, fight back against the corrupt, and restore our constitution to power, and end this war on terror. the best offense is a good defense, defend our homeland, and we can defeat all attackers. instead of having a few bad intelligence agencies, have one strong one, that will fight for the good of our nation, instead of fighting to save their own asses. ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your time. i hope you will do the right thing.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It starts in little innocuos ways like this, and the data base grows. Alaskans have refused to assist the Justice Department in this type of compiliation.
This is the type of resistance that is reflected truly bt the Confederate flag. X , just say no to the federal governments illegal assumption of power. Strange the Confederacy should live and thrive in a Arctic Land.
Power to the People

A Proud White Panther

Buy Cold Meds Here and Cops Are Told

If you're in Nemaha County, Nebraska and you purchase over-the-counter cold or allergy medications, the store clerk will take your name and hand it over to the local sheriff. Why does he care? Sheriff Brent Lottman is trying to fight the production of methamphetamine, an illegal and highly addictive drug that is made from pseudoephedrine, a substance found in common, over-the-counter medications, reports The Associated Press.

Eat this and it just might prevent a cold. Mom was right! Some foods really can cure what ails ya. Sneezing? Sniffling? Head for your refrigerator instead of your medicine cabinet.

The voluntary effort has outraged civil liberty advocates, who insist that buying medicine for sneezes and sniffles doesn't warrant having your name entered into a government database. But the sheriff thinks tracking such purchases could be one of the few ways he has to fight meth production. Tim Butz, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union Nebraska chapter, told AP, "In the end, what this does is set a bad precedent...That just goes to show the idiocy of the war on drugs." Nebraska U.S. Attorney Mike Heavican said Lottman's program is not illegal.

The ACLU has filed a lawsuit against the Patriot Act, anti-terrorism law passed after the attacks of September 11, 2001, claiming it is unconstitutional for searches of business, library, and bookstore records.

Lottman plans to continue taking names despite complaints by customers. "We're not publishing any of this information or anything," Lottman explained to AP. "I buy Claritin usually every 20 days. I guess if somebody wanted me to write that down, I really wouldn't care." Methamphetamine, which produces a euphoric high that lasts six to eight hours, can be easily produced just about anywhere with the right ingredients.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The American Civil Liberties Union Wednesday filed the first lawsuit against the Patriot Act, the anti-terrorism law passed after the attacks of September 11, 2001.

The lawsuit claims one section of the law authorizing searches of records, including those of businesses, libraries and bookstores, is unconstitutional.

"This lawsuit challenges the constitutionality of Section 215 of the USA Patriot Act, which vastly expands the power of the Federal Bureau of Investigation to obtain records and other 'tangible things' of people not suspected of criminal activity," the lawsuit states. ................................

"To obtain a Section 215 order, the FBI need only assert that the records or personal belongings are 'sought for' an ongoing foreign intelligence, counterintelligence, or international terrorism investigation," the lawsuit says.

"The FBI is not required to show probable cause -- or any reason -- to believe that the target of the order is a criminal suspect or foreign agent." ...................................

Another controversial element of the Patriot Act involves what are called "sneak and peek" searches of homes and other locations in which the owners are informed only after the search has been conducted. ...............................

edition.cnn.com...

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

And this is what your ill guided sense of Patriotism leads to as our elected NWO leads you by your nose thru Goosestepping across our land in the name of War on Terror.!
Pleasant dreams my 'little masses'

The White Panther

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I pronounce this thread dead.
I shall no longer entertain thoughts of political reaction or action
I have allready been there and done that
I will sit and watch as the whales without water or size spew their foolish wastefull rhetoric.
Do not wake the Bear again please

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   
pokes said bear with stick

anyway, i've been around. i've got my own things going on. i'm too young to be worrying about such things, but that'll change soon enough. all i've got is time, so i need to figure out what the hell i want to do with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
allright,allright. I'm awake get that stick out here!!!!!!

yea your OK don't get excited and do something foolish like poke a Bear eith a stick. there is plenty of time it isn't gonna go away.
think about have fun for awhile while you can, you'll know when your pissed and have had more than you want. let it come naturally

have a good day

BEAR

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
PC, Tut is so very right. Go and enjoy yourself. Its a beautiful summer, life's grand. When you're done, learn. Learning also takes experience, and that comes with time. Put the guns away, leave the grumpy ol' bear alone (you know how they get when they don't get their nap in!) and allow time to ripen and mature you. Maintain your sense of paranoia as you go along, though, it'll help you pick up on the signs.
And remember, just because your paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
what do we have here now

do you want to ride or die?

revolution 03

<< 1  2   >>

join