It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a place to show what it takes to get an applause...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
wouldn't it be niiice to be able to click on the name of the person that got an applause (in the "recent applause" box) and be brought to the post that was awarded the applause???

this is what i am proposing...

because, this will allow other members to see what it takes to get an applause AND it will allow the member to take part in the applause-worthy discussion...

what do you say about this???

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This actually comes up every other month or so, it's been decided that it's not worth persueing.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yeah, this is discussed often... Just too big of a load on the server. If you really want to know who got applause for what, just send them a u2u.

EDIT: Wow, three mod responses in a row. You're like honey to us flies TSA!

[edit on 4/25/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

You're like honey to us flies TSA!

Hmmmm...I thought flies buzzed around something else?

(not implying anything here, just wasn't aware flies liked honey
)

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
honey to the bee's!!! not flies

Bzzz bzzz bzzzzz

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
You're not flies, you're COCKROACHES.

There, I said it.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

How not to get an applause....

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You know, I'll bet I'll get applause just for being ballsy.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Applause

Click that for applause.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Amor-alongname:

I'll be swimming in the points by day's end. If we could swap points, I would bet 1500 points on it.

Your fake appaluse doesn't fool me.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It's not the size of the points, it's how you use em. Although, I hear it takes a long time to get into RATS from a single submission...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There's no real standard for what warrants applause. Mod's have the ability to give them out for when, you know, they see something that they see as noteworthy.

There's not much use in making it so there's a system for getting applause, people'd just post to get them. That might sound like a good idea, in so far as improving post quality, but if a person's only motivated to write good stuff because of a point reward, well, we don't want that kind of stuff in the first place no??

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
As has been said, all think it's a good idea, just seems nobody wants to do the work, or that it's simply too much for too little...
I know I don't know what all it entails to get that happening, so I really can't fault anyone for not doing it, hehe....
It may be a complete coding nightmare for all I know, and I believe this is what was said about it before.

As Nygdan mentioned, applause-worthy posts, are a subjective matter for the mod in question. There are many, many ways and reasons someone could get an applaud. Personally though, I know that I was much happier receiving a U2U from someone who liked a post than any simple points award.....

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Personally though, I know that I was much happier receiving a U2U from someone who liked a post than any simple points award.....

That's why for the appropriate posts, I always accompany with a u2u. When I got those, it felt so great. And it always does. I always u2u people when I like a post, a thought, an avatar, if something funny happens, anything. It's that human connection thing, means a lot.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
As has been said, all think it's a good idea, just seems nobody wants to do the work, or that it's simply too much for too little...
I know I don't know what all it entails to get that happening, so I really can't fault anyone for not doing it, hehe....
It may be a complete coding nightmare for all I know, and I believe this is what was said about it before.

As Nygdan mentioned, applause-worthy posts, are a subjective matter for the mod in question. There are many, many ways and reasons someone could get an applaud. Personally though, I know that I was much happier receiving a U2U from someone who liked a post than any simple points award.....

tell SO to "do the work"...

he runs this site...

and YES applauses are givin, sometimes, for "small" reasons...

for example, i got an applause because i posted a link that byrd was looking for...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
You know, I'll bet I'll get applause just for being ballsy.

I thought about it until I saw that.

And I stand by my saying. I said what I said for a reason, even if I may not know what those reasons are!

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Do it.

Doooooooo it.

0_o

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

and YES applauses are givin, sometimes, for "small" reasons...

for example, i got an applause because i posted a link that byrd was looking for...

I've gotten my knuckles rapped on more than one occassion for doing similar applauds, so now a bit rarer for me...

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Where is this "recent applaud" box discussed in the original thread? I've never seen this.

I must say I have been getting a ridiculously high amount of applauses lately, and I love it. Probably more this month alone than since I joined ATS hahaha. Over lots of random not-so-great stuff, either. So thanks to Byrd, Parrhesia, TRG, Worldwatcher, Amorymeltzer, and DontTreadOnMe. And anybody else that may have given me one, but that I deleted the U2U for.

Keep em coming. I want the bar red. RED DARN YOUUUUUUUUU.

Oh man, I'm never going to get an applause again, am I. hahaha.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join