It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some beauty help...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
w00t w00t! 5 more minutes till I can wash the dye out of my hair

I was wondering if there are any other members out there who dye there hair and have any tips on me for keeping it in as long as I can, it washes out after a while but I was told there is a way to make it stay in longer than it usually does.

Also, anyone have any idea on how I can stop my Acne...I have some pink thing that works really well, and is there anything I can do to get rid of scars from popped pimples? I had a few on my back (right where my hair went down to, my hair gets oily really easily, and the oil causes pimples) that I got rid of, but now there are scars and such... I would like to one day swim with out a shirt over my bathing suit (its a habit I got from camp, and I allways do it) but when I take it off, the scars look weird...

I dunno...any out there who can help me?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
w00t! Hair is now dyed red (copper something is the actual name, but my hair is kinda light brown/brown so it comes out different...wish my hair was lighter)

So...any one have any beauty tips for me?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yes take a pic and post it here!

I read your thread "MOI! Lookie..." or something and I saw you before.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
My hair died? I thought it was allready dead?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat
Yes take a pic and post it here!

I read your thread "MOI! Lookie..." or something and I saw you before.

thats what I'm gonna do ^_^

It doesn't look as good, since this was done by my mom with the store bought stuff, and before it was done by my bro's fiance Sarah, whos a hair person, with the real stuff...that washes out after a while

I have to keep getting temporary, once I can prove I can have permanent I get that...how I prove it beats the heck outta me..

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
All I know is that you're supposed to put vasoline around your hairline, I believe, so the dye doesn't drip down. And you should wear gloves.

The prospect of going into a pharmacy and buying vasoline and rubber gloves is enough to stop many people from dying their own hair, methinks.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yep i use hair dye also, lol get board with the same look so love to change

To make it last longer make sure you get the right shampoos that are designed to keep your new color bright, this will make it stay a little longer,
Just take a peek around for products in your store for dyed hair,

Also, anyone have any idea on how I can stop my Acne

Being you are young its part of your growing, but try witch hazel you can get it pretty cheap and comes in liquid or a stick so easy to just rub on...

and is there anything I can do to get rid of scars from popped pimples

Stop picking or itching them, get some soothing cream or some toner and apply when you feel the urge, again as you are young the scars will go away as you grow, untill then try and find some water proof concealer this will hide them when you want to go swimming,

my hair gets oily really easily

hmm when washing your hair try not to massage it to much as this releases more oil in your hair, also a lil stage trick is to apply a little talc to your hair roots this will dry up the oil and keep your hair fresher for longer,

also shower if you can rather than bath as the water line in the bath can cause spots near the end of your hair on your back,

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
when i used to dye my hair , I would use aloe vera on my hair for a couple days, this would bring back a softness to it. and if you can about three days without washing your hair this helps too. most people wash alot of the dye out before it gets set in. and remember not to sleep on white pillows

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
My hair died? I thought it was allready dead?

LOL...you'r a nut ...hahahahahha

to keep the color longer use a good conditoner... DOVE is awsome... also try not to use the ahirdrier too much... it burns and dries off the color .......

i had my hair colored many many times, and now im taking the "natural look" raod for a while. as to the ance...cant help you there ...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Being you are young its part of your growing, but try witch hazel you can get it pretty cheap and comes in liquid or a stick so easy to just rub on...

The acne seems to be hereditary (spelt it wrong I know) all 3 of my brothers, my sister, and I all have acne..it really stinks..

and I usually dont try to pop em, like..when I was scrubbing my face the other day one popped o_O...and such

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yes... you really do need beauty help.... I use this clearasil stuff that's on a wipe. You just take out hte wipe and wipe your face every night. It works good. i never get many pimples.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Yes... you really do need beauty help.... I use this clearasil stuff that's on a wipe. You just take out hte wipe and wipe your face every night. It works good. i never get many pimples.

Can we make this thread Chat Bot Proof? I dun wan no advice from a chat bot

TV tomarrow, be ready for trouble cpr

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
But the pimple stuff works good when I use it... as long as I rememebr.... I'm thinking about getting my hair died shocker blonde.... how woudl that look?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
But the pimple stuff works good when I use it... as long as I rememebr.... I'm thinking about getting my hair died shocker blonde.... how woudl that look?

add some shocking electric blue too the tips and spike it up if you do
it actually would look cool o_O

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So where's the pictures you promised?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Becky if I did that it would look like i fell in bleech then fell in a port-o-potty or airlines toilet.... It would be cool but I'm to lazy and tired to do my hair in the morning....

Diehard and Becky (reikuro) sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G *sings song* ..... Diehard REALLY wants to see your pic lol

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I dye my hair frequently usually every 2 months or so I change hair colors, I went thru my red hair phase this winter (every shade of red imaginable) now I think I going to be a brunette with highlights. definitely vaseline around your hairline and tops of your ears if you're sloppy.

The other females here are right, you must use shampoo and conditioner meant for color treated hair or your color fades fast.

for pimples, I recommend a daily routine to prevent clogging up your pores. I personally don't wear makeup unless I am going out on a special occasion. For everyday it's moisturizer with spf15 and lipstick. I use only neutragena products right now, seems to work best for my skin. A daily facial wash, toner and moisturizer twice a day and I don't have usually have pimple outbreaks unless it's that time of the month then I might get an occasional one.

Coco Butter is great for helping scars and marks fade away. Vitamin E also works well on scars.

and when it comes to lipstick, don't buy the cheap 99 cents stuff, it's usually too dry. Always apply lip balm (chapstick) a few minutes before applying lipstick. If your lips are dry and cracked, apply vaseline, wait a few minutes and then wipe off.

join