It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Now On Fox News: Nuclear Iran Special

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Starting at 9pm there is a special on the Iran situation. I figured this was a good way to start a thread that might lead to an interesting discussion about world politics, the situation in the Mid. East and not about how Fox News is part of the right wing conspiracy because we already know that.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by RebelSaint]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
That was kind of a flashback to the buildup of the Iraq war when they went through the potential attack scenarios.

They really seem to be avoiding a 'boots on the ground' situation and it looks like if the US does put boots on the ground Britain may not be with them.

Should I bother uploading a low quality copy of the special?

[edit on 24-4-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

They really seem to be avoiding a 'boots on the ground' situation and it looks like if the US does put boots on the ground Britain may not be with them.

I can guarantee that we won't be with you. That would be the end of Bluuuurgh and the Labour Governemnt if they try and pull that one again.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It's already been discussed a couple of times, the US has no chance against Iran, so why is fox news still spreading poison ?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I doubt we will invade from the ground regardless... My bets are well placed
bombs on there reactors..

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
i dont understand how we wouldnt stand a chance against Iran, they have a smaller military then Iraq had we would kick there Arse militarily but we would then be in the same situation in iran as we are in Iraq

It bugs me when people say america cant do this and america cant do that cuz they have all there troops in Iraq,..... There are 1.6 million US troops about 450,000-500,000 are over seas at bases already established which leaves around 1 million here in the US, there are 140,000 in Iraq now
in now mathmatical way does 140,000 = "all 1.6 of our troops" even though most are reserves they are still troops.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Iran&Hizbullah can easily hit any zionist target in the world, i think they'll think twice. A conflict would immediately escalate to the whole region.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by krotzkrotz]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Iran and Hezbollah can not hit anything anywhere in the world.
Been reading too many comic books.

Stick to the regions they are in, cause anything outside of that, they are going to get spanked.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
i disagree. but your avatar is nice, what is it ?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Amateur photo taken during the winter months [in fact, it was snowing] of the Chariot of Apollo in Versailles, France.

Chariot of Apollo

Very beautiful.

But back to the topic, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I guess since I started this thread I have a duty to share what I thought about the program (which I was gonna do anyway). So here it is:

I thought it was a pretty good assessment of Western policy. Let's be honest with ourselves. Whether we like to admit it or not, the chances of either a US led or Israeli bombing of the suspected underground facilities is roughly 85% at the moment with diplomacy and time both running short. The real politics is about which nation will do the necessary operation.

If it's Israel that attacks the facilities you are looking at a full-blown regional war in the Middle East. There's just no way to not come to that conclusion. The tension has been growing and Iran believes itself to be a formidable foe and regional leader in the Middle East. You will have the fate of not only the Mid. East but possibily the world hanging in the balance if these two go to war.

This is why I think it will be a US strike that does the trick. Iran can only hit limited US targets and does not have the capability to engage America in all-out war even with the US military stretched thin because I'm pretty sure that any sane rational student of politics will agree that the US would exterminate Iran. It would be the equivalent of David and Goliath and the nuke bomb in the hands of Iran would not necessarily tip the balance to the underdog. The chance of a nuclear strike on American soil is much less than an atomic attack on Israel which would be the most probably outcome if Iran gets a bomb. Either way regardless of which country does the deed, Israel will have to tighten up its defensives because the backlash of an attack like this would be enough in my opinion to finally be the breaking point where the fanatics get their wish and opportunity to rally the masses.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If Iran has only one bomb to send to israel, that pretty much would hold back washington to put boots on ground iran ?

iow: they wouldn't have to be able to threaten american soil, israeli soil will do?

new topics

top topics

join