It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking a stab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm new to this stuff, I don't know where to stick guesses and all that.

Someone already said something of this nature I think I saw it in one of these threads.

I'm sorry to say that I've forgotten some of the trail of thought that lead me to these items but here they are anyways. I was following the clues off blacklabyrinth.com when I found myself at this page:
mitpress.mit.edu...
It's some pretty cryptic stuff and there's some odd images in there. But I dumped it and went elsewhere from there to:
beta.inq7.net...
Where the DiVinci code is linked to the other book as well as another book called the Rule of Four where it mentions people were killed 500 years ago to protect the secrets contained in the "Hypnerotomachia Poliphili" (first link) What originally brought me to that page was random combinations of prominant clues on the original bl page, ...

I was mainly using the words "autumn" "eternal" "23" or "20 3" and various words for "steps/stages/degrees/grades/rings" etc.

My interpretation of "abominatio nascitur autumno" is a little different from what I've seen some of you guys saying. You generally seem to think that it means something dire coming in autumn or something of that nature, but I personally think of it as "rejecting the birth of autumn" or "immortality", well, that's atleast a possibility, I think. This is a major concept in what led me to my links on any account.

Well, it all ends with the last link mentioned where the authors of the article guess that the meaning behind it all is the idiotic quest that leads to your own death. Someone else already has mentioned this in another thread I think, and they were poo-ed on, so I don't know if that's right or not.

Not having read this vast latin volume, Hypnerotomachia Poliphili, I can't say exactly.

So then I went to investigate the source of the latin stock text in the background thanks to the other recent thread on here. From de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum seems to talk about this Epicurus guy so what the heck I look him up. One of the things this guy believed apparently being one of those ancient greek guys that knew about atoms was that "...since the indestructible atoms that constitute the material world move, swerve, and collide entirely by chance, everything that happens in the universe lies outside the reach of direct human control. (Notice how this position projects Hellenistic political impotence onto the natural world.) Human life is, therefore, essentially passive: all we can do is to experience what goes on, without supposing ourselves capable of changing it...."
www.philosophypages.com...
These are some interesting notions of his:
www.epicurus.net...
Also goes back to this futile search for the ultimate answers. Sorry folks.
I think that this riddle might be trying to mess with us.

Then we have logically led ourselves back to the whole endless loop of what it really means to "kill the buddha" and we've landed ourselves within a metaphorical "black labyrinth" where the search for the true answer is the only answer.

If I'm really off the mark here, I'm sorry for making such a god awful long post you just wasted your time reading through.

On the other hand, here's another lead I didn't follow through on.
66.218.71.225.../pdf/cosmos23.pdf&w=23+infinity&d=60728D45EE&icp=1&.intl=us
If my other guess was wrong, I'll go with what anyone can draw from this one.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What I can tell you is that the first link you have supplied is neither "cryptic" or "odd" in anyway. They're illuminated letters that began each capter par say for the text Hypnerotomachia Poliphili. Finally art class has come in handy

Anyway, I'm not quite sure how you came across Hypnerotomachia Poliphili as a link to the BL. As far as my limited knoladge goes, Hypnerotomachia Poliphili is just a story written in a hybrid of languages about a man who is out to find his dream (I think). Though, again, I'm not quite sure about this, I think that some scholers believe that there may be some hidden messages in the text.

I think that this riddle might be trying to mess with us.

I think, that we are messing with ourselves trying to draw conclusions to a long-sought answer to the mystery of these creations.

Whoa, did I just sound smart??

Well, it's good research and clue-hunting never the less, but maybe you want to try looking at some stuff on ATS, usually the answers are right under your nose!

_df

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkFlame
Well, it's good research and clue-hunting never the less, but maybe you want to try looking at some stuff on ATS, usually the answers are right under your nose!

_df

I couldn't find anything related on ATS, but I did like the "right under your nose" approach, so I tried google, and some other internet search engines. I wrote this thread with my "findings,", but I didn't even get "shot down" so I've kind of slowed my search, as it seems everyone has.

I sure wish we had some kind of confirmed clue. Or at least an acknowledge that this is or isn't really a game. Or anything.

join