It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Gods

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Technology in itself is not a fault!
it is mankind that has faulted!
people want more and more which is given to them(and i'm not excluding myself)we want things in our lives to ease the emptiness .
Being able to communicate all over the world with whomever we want now is nothing magical or a miracle because we have accepted it as a part of society.
Technology will bring more harm then what we can imagine and will destroy all that we are!

Toltec:quote///
have you ever considered that at some point in time as our technology progresses. Human nervous systems can be removed from bodies and installed in AI type robots, just a thought

So if mankind can become so called "immortal "then there is no need to look for truth or even ask if "God"" ever existed!
Pandora///quote
and, i guess darwin's theory could hold water as well if we evolved after the "aliens" put us here in the beginning.. if that did happened.. so, who knows.. everyone could win... but, i think life is about getting to a higher place within yourself spiritually without outside influence.. and that is what is wrong with this world.. too many of us are brainwashed by what has been taught...

i guess many want to beleive what is easier for them to understand then the "truth"!
The Bible has never "evolved" and has always been the same (apart from people changing it to suit themselves)
People today are changing because they feel a void in their life and regard themselves much worthy then they realy are.
Darwins theory is just that, a "theory" and will remain a "theory".
Out of all mankinds history, the one that has produced the most destructive and brainwashed people would have to have been 21st century!
So, are we better as people? are we at peace with everyone?

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I see Helen but what about all the contradictions in the Bible. Would you be so kind to respond to the attached?

Contradictions

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 02:17 AM
link   
helen, i'm with ya on the first part of your post.. yes, we do create all of this to ease our emptiness... our emptiness spirtually....but, about the bible.. i will have to disagree with you.. the only reason it hasn't evolved is because it is a book.. but, the translations of it have changed according to the perception of the reader(s). it will continue to exist as long as there are enough people to support it.. however, i follow my own path in life.. and believe what i feel,not what has been written or taught...because i believe that i was born into this world to make perceptions based on how i feel... the bible does not make my conscience feel complete.. maybe it is man that has made a disgrace of it.. or people like truth who make others want to shun the book, but regardless of what a book says and a god and his son makes no difference to how i live my life... people try too hard to live up to the bible when they should be living up to themselves and humanity and all living creatures and things....i think i'm a hell of a lot better of a person than a christian who puts me down for not being one...i don't go around doing that to others.. i accept everyone..and i don't preach to others and try to convert them either... i mean, what if when you die, you find out everything you believed was all a big lie? all it is , is faith... that is it.. and darwin's theory is a damn good theory, i might add.. more proof and more scientific than the bible...are we at peace with everyone? no. because everyone is a different religion that they hold strong convictions to... maybe if we dropped that and everyone just kept it to themselves, we would be better off.. i just don't believe in organized religion , period..if you do have a religion.. man screws all pure things up....just look at babies.. and dogs...just examples..

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Hey Pandora have you ever considered that at some point in time as our technology progresses. Human nervous systems can be removed from bodies and installed in AI type robots, just a thought

hey, i think ANYTHING is possible.. anything at all.. we think up this stuff and it sounds crazy, but watch- years from now some wierd stuff will be happening in science and technology.... i mean, i never thought i'd be online.. on a computer.. being able to communicate with others from around the world.. seems so normal now...but, now we are into cloning..which has to mean it has been done in private long before they let the public know about it...i'm sure we could go on and on about this stuff.. thing is, i don't discount any idea.. unless it is proven false, i figure no harm in pondering it.... right?

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pandora

Originally posted by Toltec
Hey Pandora have you ever considered that at some point in time as our technology progresses. Human nervous systems can be removed from bodies and installed in AI type robots, just a thought

hey, i think ANYTHING is possible.. anything at all.. we think up this stuff and it sounds crazy, but watch- years from now some wierd stuff will be happening in science and technology.... i mean, i never thought i'd be online.. on a computer.. being able to communicate with others from around the world.. seems so normal now...but, now we are into cloning..which has to mean it has been done in private long before they let the public know about it...i'm sure we could go on and on about this stuff.. thing is, i don't discount any idea.. unless it is proven false, i figure no harm in pondering it.... right?

ok ,so if we die there's no going back!
Was there any harm in doing good?
Was there any harm in knowing the life that Jesus taught?
What if we go on beleiving our own ideas and we are faced with Jesus ? What then? we have that free will to do just as we want and it's up to us to chose what path to follow.
I dont preach, all i can say is that we have free will to read and know what will benefit us in the long run.
Yes, there are many so called Christians out there ,only by name that is nothing else.....each will be judged .......you may ask "judged by whom?
If there is judgement,according to the Sciptures i beleive so,then the beleief and the good works have not gone astray,but if there is no judgement,then again i say "What has one lost?

quote //pandora//
darwin's theory is a damn good theory, i might add.. more proof and more scientific than the bible..unquote

Actually the bible is older then "Darwins theory" and the bible has more visible evidence then ""darwinism""!!!
I's people who change ideas to live up to todays society,not what was said in the Bible!!!
The Bible remains the same,it's the people that distort the facts for themselves and for ""modernism""
Evolution has not yet been proven!!!

[Edited on 13-9-2002 by helen]

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 06:35 PM
link   
There is the issue of fossils Helen, who's development musts have taken much longer. Than what is often accepted as
the length of time creationist accept as the time Earth and the Universe was created.

My impression is that God did create the Universe but that evolution presents a potential guideline applied by God. The basic perspective of evolution does not deny this, but it does deny that creation occurred 250 generations ago.

It is nice to see you back again Helen

Pandora the credo of the Scientist, is that nothing is impossible. Only that something's are highly improbable, given certain conditions. This meaning yes I agree.

posted on Oct, 17 2002 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Dear Helen,
Doing good makes a whole lot better sense than doing evil. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned but if we do good instead of returning evil for evil, then we can break the cycle. It doesn't work all the time but at least you're not a link in the chain. The Bible and every other holy book has been blamed for the deeds of man. The books cannot get up and do anything. It's the people that supposedly are "believers" with their "holier than thou egos" using the books as an excuse to work evil. The Old Testament was a historical record, set of laws, and prophesy. Granted the laws for the Jewish nation were for a time very different than today. And since God's time is not the same as our time, the seven days of creation could have been 70 million years!
There are a lot of the lost books of the Bible that give a bit more to the story. But the translators and editors of what we have now most certainly took some license when they got their paws on it. As it stands, we have to know that any relationship we have with our Creator is a personal one. No two people will have that same relationship. In the end what we should know is that we are loved by our Creator. He knows what kind of problems we face and is always there with us. We are never alone. The people that have had the near death experiences have come back with evidence of the "hereafter". And they saw the God of their own particular religion when they crossed over. Even atheists have seen "God". Some have seen hell. Needless to say, they have all got a completely different view of life now.
So, it doesn't matter what we develop here on earth, or what goes on in the shadow government filled with the "evil egos", or if Planet X comes cruising by. Our job of "spirituality" is to do good and live as peaceably as is possible with one another. And that's where it gets rough!!
We can blame no one else, no books or anything else for how we respond to this world and all the things that have been put here. Yes, evolution did happen, but so did the big bang. There is evidence of both. As well as some new evidence that the human DNA did evolve up to a point then was interferred with or helped along.
However the Creator chooses to get the result that is needed done-----there are gazillions of ways to make it happen.
It's wrong to force any belief system on anyone. We are all told that we must choose. That's one of the perks about being human. We have that privilege.

I hope this is in line with this thread and I also hope that I made sense with the way I see things.
I'm really enjoying this board, by the way.
Everyone does a good job with all the info and ideas!!! Thanks!

posted on Oct, 18 2002 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You may have noticed in the passage that it spoke of two separate poweres. The one of light, and the masqurading god. In my opinion, yes there is a Almighty God of light. And yes, there is the lesser god, of flesh. At this point to understand further the reader must do a study on that lesser god. He has done great damage to makind. Some of which start in the bible itself.

You can see that the terms Lord and God are used together in some places. This, I belive is incorrect. God is the Almighty, lord is the lesser god. So when you say Lord God, in ignorance you are showing praise to both at the same time. I have a deep rooted suspition that the lesser god did do much for mankind, but it fell from grace and goes by different names to hide itself from the God Almighty.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hey, I just wanted to read this again.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Nice one for doing so. Not seen this post before its very, very interesting. Come across the majority of the ides before but a few new tidbits.

"In fact, I think I'd tend to "slightly agree" - a position I think most of the non-Christians here might agree with."

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is exactly what I have been talking about.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is why I can't believe that Jesus is God. I love him and what he stood forwhich was Truth. I am now looking at his death diffrently. Who really wanted him Dead?!?!?

[Edited on 30-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   

When the Most High (El) gave the nations their heritage, When He divided mankind, He fixed the territories of the peoples According to the number of the sons of God; But Jehovah's (YHWH) share was his people, Jacob was his inherited possession. (Deuteronomy 32:8)

Very diffrent in my bible

When the most high divided their inheritance to the nations, When he seperated the sons of Adam, He set boundaries of the peoples According to the number of the children of Isreal. For the lords portion in his people Jacod is the place of his inheritance

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I dont belive the dividing was done by the Almighty God of white light, he had, has no reason.

i belive the dividing was done by the userper god, satan. It would be in his best interest to divide mankind, forever pitting one against the other. In this way we would never truely be able to unite against him, them and finally claim the promised land, earth.

The Chosen people are not the jews, its all of mankind!
Amen.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The problems start with each of '''Us'' trying to interpret the ''Bible''meanings..........

The '''God'''of the ''Old Testament and the '''God'' of today has not changed............it is the people that have twisted and changed the True Scriptures''' to suit themselves!!!

Well, i myself have tried to interpret the meanings of the Bible, but cannot do so because i know that my interpretations are myn alone........

I ,like many others think that am worthy to figure out the 'complex meanings'' of the Bible and in doing so,
i am forgetting that there is others that have given us their meaning doing Gods Work here on earth.........their life striving for goodness and solitude for many years ,alone in prayer and praying for forgiveness of their many sins.............

The interpretations of the Bible are in '''agreement'' from the 1st century to today............Teachings and traditions passed down by word and Scripture .......

Many people today claim to know the meanings , and only fool themselves into thinking that they are worthy of ''''God's'' given words........

We are ''proud''' , and that is what Eve did........she did not admit to God that it was her fault that she ''ate of the fruit'''but blamed it on the ''serpant'''.............
Eve was told not to..........but her mind was to proud to accept the word of God...........she gave in to the temptation of the Devil and violated the commandment of God.........
God asked Adam and Eve for a true answer.......Adam blamed Eve,
Eve blamed the Serpant..........
God was asking for Repentence, for men to realize their sin, to admit it.........
Sin seperates us from God......

(sorry for going of the subject)

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Well, i myself have tried to interpret the meanings of the Bible, but cannot do so because i know that my interpretations are myn alone........

Well someone interpreted it for themselves and passed it off as truth. Can you say Constantine and the preist of the "Holy Roman Empire". You believe waht they believed

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Most of my time that I pick up the Bible is in fact sitting here at the computer , writing on ATS ........

The interpretations are basically what all Christains should follow........They were done for our benefit........and i am not talking about ''The end of the world'' or the ANTICHRST'''interpretations..............i'm just saying that '''we are capable of interpreting the Bible,'''but so are all other religious fanatics and Dis beleivers and New Age thinkers...........

We have early Church fathers......and i am not going to name them all.........that have written down for us in their 1st,2nd,3rd, 4th,5th,6th,7th ecumenical council..(not to be confused with the world council of churches)....that have written down perfect explanation of the Scriptures.........From Genesis to Revelation.........all written down and is available to anyone who wishes to learn and study for themselves.......
Why should I disagree with those that knew what would happen in the future.......it has been prophecied up to date what is happening right now........
Why would I claim to have the authourity to be in a position of those ''Great men'''(early church fathers)...............

Today the Church is corrupt.........yes i agree........BUT that does not mean that the Bible that was given to us has CHANGED.........only the people have changed it ........MODERIZED it for their own selfish power........

Early Christianity is not like it used to be..........it was prophesied that it would come to this.........Society today is becoming ''Hell'' on earth...........

Below is an extract from a book titled.....YOUTH OF THE APOCALYPSE......

Ch 1 ....We have come through fire and water in our rebellion against the world.We have fought against its wicked ways through our music,art, and philosophy of life.
We have been thrown into darkness and we stand now in the shadow of death.
The youth of the Apocalypse must rise up , we must face the enemy , and conquer.
The first step we must take is to recognize the enemy for who he is, and look him in the eye. We are fighting the machine of Nihilism.The mad prophet of Nihilism,Friedrich Nietzsce, defined Nihilism in it's absolute form:''That there is no truth;
that there is no 'thing in itself'.
this alone is Nihilism and of the extreme kind.'' It is to this end of Nihilism thsat the world has come today.This is the abyss of darkness; for without truth there is no light..............................

The Search~

The question of truth is a matter of life and death.
This is the question that lies at the bottom of every heart.
From the beginning of time, philosophers have quarelled over this question more then any other ..
The question of truth is itself the core of all philosophy,science, and religion.Upon the question of truth lies the meaning of life and death.
The neagtion of Nihilism and its destruction is not by itself a complete proof of truth....How do we perceive truth?
Is truth real or just an abstact idea?
Can we know truth?
How is truth revealed?
A foreshadowing of the revelation of truth took place in ancient China where there lived a wise man named LAO TZU (ABOUT 500 B.C.) he gave his life to the study of human nature and the natural world.
.after a life time spent in contemplation on the mystery of life,Lao Tzu arrived at the philosophy of Tao.
Tao means '''Way'' or ''Path of life ''.
In his book, the Tao Teh Ching,Lao Tzu writes poetically about his observations of certain truths of life revealed in human nature and the natural world.
These poetic observations reveal the philosophy of a universe that is upheld by an unseen force.....cont'chapter1...........

Spiritual wickedness has entered our hearts..........
We are fighting against the father of lies--the one who abides when truth is absent.We are fighting against Nihilism, the Spirit of the Antichrist,whose fruits produce madness,suicide,slavery,murder,and destruction.It is this wickedness that has killed God in the hearts of mankind.
But God is not dead.It is only the soul of modern man that is dead.
God is waiting with open arms to embrace His children.
At this moment,Perfect Truth is calling all the victims of this modern age of Nihilism: come unto Me, all who are burdaned and heavy laden, and i will give you rest.Only seek me out.........'''''''''''''youth of the apocalypse.....and the Last true rebellion.''''''''''by Monks John Marler and Andrew Wermuth..........

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

We have early Church fathers......and i am not going to name them all.........that have written down for us in their 1st,2nd,3rd, 4th,5th,6th,7th ecumenical council..(not to be confused with the world council of churches)....that have written down perfect explanation of the Scriptures.........From Genesis to Revelation.........all written down and is available to anyone who wishes to learn and study for themselves.......
Why should I disagree with those that knew what would happen in the future.......it has been prophecied up to date what is happening right now........
Why would I claim to have the authourity to be in a position of those ''Great men'''(early church fathers)...............

As I have said before these "Great Men" were competing for money and land.

Today the Church is corrupt.........yes i agree........BUT that does not mean that the Bible that was given to us has CHANGED.........only the people have changed it ........MODERIZED it for their own selfish power........

Helen the church has been corrupt ever since the Romans got their hand on it. Do you know the story of Martin Luther. Quick history lesson. People couldn't read English let alone Latin ( not the original language that it was written in) which is what the priest had to work with.

They made up this place called purgatory are charged people to money to pray/perform special ceremonies for there recently dead loved one�s (i.e look up indulgences and Martian Luther) to make a long story short Martian Luther translated the bible from Latin to German so that at least the German speaking people would see that the priest were lying to them. Are these the great men that you were talking about ?!?!?!

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao

Originally posted by helen670

As I have said before these "Great Men" were competing for money and land.

Helen the church has been corrupt ever since the Romans got their hand on it. Do you know the story of Martin Luther. Quick history lesson. People couldn't read English let alone Latin ( not the original language that it was written in) which is what the priest had to work with.

They made up this place called purgatory are charged people to money to pray/perform special ceremonies for there recently dead loved one�s (i.e look up indulgences and Martian Luther) to make a long story short Martian Luther translated the bible from Latin to German so that at least the German speaking people would see that the priest were lying to them. Are these the great men that you were talking about ?!?!?!

Got a headache, but any way..................
1///I dont know of any Purgatory that is mentioned in the Bible.............

LOL.....Martian Luther.....I knew he was an alien.!!!
ok sorry, just a little humour......i miss a letter or two...

2///prayers for the dead was common and is in the old testament...........Wonderous is God in His Saints (Ps 67 :35 )
His Saints .Living on earth , they praised God's name by their life of righteousness, glorifying the name of the heavenly Father, and now, residing in heaven,God's name is praised through their memory among people.Therefore , revering God's righteous people, we honor in them God Himself, Whom they pleased while on earth, and whose grace resided in them.

Jesus Christ while regarding as His friends all those who fullfilled His commandments, said to His disciples: He that receiveth you receiveth Me,
and he that receiveth Me receiveth Him that sent Me.(Matt 10: 40 )
The effectual fervant prayer of a righteous man availeth much,(James 5 : 16 )..
For he is a prophet, and shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live (Gen . 20 :7 )
The Lord once said to the prophet Jeremiah: Though Moses and Samuel stood before Me, yet My mind could not be toward this people(Hebrews) ....who shall have pity on thee, O, Jerusalem , or who shall bemoan thee ?(Jer .15 :1 , 5 )
This means that Moses and Samuel, though already departed by the time of Jeremiah, can''''' intercede''''' for sinful people. Judas Maccabeus saw a vision of the departed high priest, Onias , who was ''''praying for all the Hebrew people,'' and , pointing to another man , who was with him , said to Judas : This is Jeremiah , the prophet of God , who prays much for the people , and for the holy city..(11 Macc .15 : 12 , 14 )
And the Apostle Peter clearly promised his disciples that after his death he would remember them : Moreover , I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in rembrance (11 Pet. 1 :15 )

Jesus Chrsit Himself teaches us that forgiveness of sins is possible even after death of a sinner (Matt 12 :32 ) Prayers of the church..........
The Apostle John testifies that our prayers for the brethren, both living and departed, can grant them eternal life as long as they are not in mortal sin (1 John 5 : 16 )

HMMMMMMMMM now what was your other question....???....later...

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Money........what's with the money???

You dont have to give a cent toward anything or any one if you dont want to...........

God does not ask for money................

If you want, and it pleases you , then do so , but NO, the Church does not ask you for money...........

If you want to donate to the poor, homeless, or be it whatever.....then it is a choice of yours to do so........you are not required to give any money.......

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
*IS* there an actual "tower of Babel"? As far as I know, the answer is "no." Theyv'e found some zuggurats, but no tower, and the archaeological evidence (writing and so forth) doesn't indicate that languages all emerged at the same time (that we all spoke one language and then suddenly spoke ... gosh... if you believe the bible, then it would be thousands of dialects at once.

There is good evidence for ziggurats in of all places-Iraq.
Saddaam has a replica built there of one in his rebuilt version of Babylon (his fantasy life). The tower of Babel was built according to the first astrologers in an attempt to converse with the 'gods'. God in his wisdom destroyed it and gave each person a different tongue to speak.

If you think the 'gods' are humane and friendly think again. God never doubted our capacity. He knows we can do anything we set our minds to, even if it means our own destruction.

There seems to be some evidence of a mother language, but the oldest languages predate the Bible and the Hebrews by quite awhile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join