It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you clone yourself and then kill the clone is it murder or suicide?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Just wanted to know what you all thought.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Murder is the killing of another human being, even if it your other self.

link   
I think it is cos my clone would have a life and would have a right to breathe but then again cloning humans is illegal isn't?

link   
Well first of all if you were to clone your self, your clone would have all your physical attributes.
Suicide deals with ones mental health, and extreme trauma from life.
Killing your clone would be just murder.
Your clone can not feel the same as you feel, he will not have the same memorys as you either.
Its murder not suicide.
Deep

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Its murder not suicide.
Deep

And its just down right crazy too.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
i thought of that ? while i was at work no clue why lol
to the pigs it would seem to be suicide if you left a note

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Murder is the killing of another human being, even if it your other self.

thats true ^^
But it would be suicide, for if i cloned myself and killed him, I would be different and my mind would not be the same. There for the old me would be dead, hence suicide!

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I would consider it sick to kill anyone. If you had a clone I wouldnt know why you would go through the trouble of cloning yourself and then turn around and off your better half....seems like a strange situation.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
well if you wanted to disappear can you think of a better way to be presumed dead?!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazyDrowElf

If you have a clone and kill your clone you have commited suicide because the clone is not human and up until you took it out of your body it was apart of you being you until you removed it. It experienced everthing that make you and having a mind and a memory after cloning makes it mentaly and emotionaly you, so yes when you kill a clone you have COMMITED SUICIDE

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
what if I had sex with my clone? is it really sex or just masturbation?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There is cloning and there is quantum physics that suggest the same object is split into two seperate objects. The other you would have to agree with you, I my self would beat the other me if he tried to kill me, no matter what I am individual. But if we get on and everything is the same then I would not kill me either he would likely be my best friend. You must hate your self to kill him and if you hate your self then both will die in the process anyway.

But if you get arrested for it then yes it's another being you killed, he could have done something else in life and gone to do. Its a bit of a Jesus question really because he is God and he let him self be killed but he did not do it him self as it was demanded by the people.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What? And kill my only best friend I could ever possibly know and learn to love? Never! It's like killing a twin and that, my friend, is murder.
:shk:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Farscape 'love triangle... Aeryn, Crighton, and Crighton 2.

"how do you compete with yourself? Especially when one of you is dead".

new topics

top topics

join