It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ratzinger ordered bishops to keep sex-abuse allegations secret

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Joe doaks...
If you are a christian, then I am surprised that you are not offended by the abuse of the excommunication order... it is supposed to be reserved for people who abuse the church or its power( ie: the pope)
...not to be used on the whistleblowers who seek truth and justice...

This order?

Cases of this kind are subject to the pontifical secret,' Ratzinger's letter concludes. Breaching the pontifical secret at any time while the 10-year jurisdiction order is operating carries penalties, including the threat of excommunication.

Again- as I stated above.

Public 'witch hunts' drive people underground. I think (suppose) Ratzinger was throwing the ultimate curse on these people.

"squeal and you are out!"

Was this a cover up or an attempt to be able to carry out an indepthe investigation?

I am not outraged, I am deeply saddened. Not at Ratzonger but that the horrific breach occured in the first place. By breach I mean the molestations.

Is that any clearer?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

what is DOWN RIGHT WRONG IS THIS!
if a person or preist is ever moved by the Spirit to "out" one of the situations, then the pope abuses GODS LAW by excommunicating the good guy who actually DID THE RIGHT THING! (he will actually petition god to prevent the good guys heavenly reward).

[edit on 25-4-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

Well, as I've said before, I believe the even deeper affront is the misleading of the believers in the first place to make them think they are dependent on these unholy men's made-up rituals...then they go one further to constantly threaten to deny the believer access to their ritual. And here, we have it. If you are a politician whose policies are public and not inline with "their" policies - you will be denied the rituals (and Ratzinger was supportive of "new militance in politics"). If you decide to tell the truth about child molestation - you will be denied the rituals.

This all just makes me shiver.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is why the protestant church left and hence it's name "protest" because they left in protest to restricting rituals and out and out corruption. I really have nothing against catholics, i just dont like how their church sometimes doubles as a political body, and their exploitation and threats to keep catholics in line, and hence keep the vatican in power.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Interesting. Whenever I see something about the pope or the Vatican on the telly, I get blinded by all the gold and jewellery.

One might wonder what all these riches has to do with paying respect to a carpenters son and a group of fishermen.

I would be more likely to take Christianity seriously if there were no catholic church.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Come on now... lets not HANG Old Ratzinger yet, emember ...what exactly did John Paul II do about the pedophile scandall??? ZERO !

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
i just dont like how their church sometimes doubles as a political body,

Uhmm, the RCC is hardly solely guilty of this. Especially in the US, it has much less political influence than most protestant churches.

and their exploitation and threats to keep catholics in line

Ditto.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Alright here goes:

The Vatican is a church, we all know this.
In todays society it must also act as coorporation to stay alive and
thriving throughout these times where the church is not so "hip", "cool" and socially acceptable as it used to be.

To accomplish they must keep thier name good with the people.
Does this mean keep everything a secret? No it does not.

But there are some things that need and can be handled "in house".
They do not condone acts lile this and they are dealt with (could be a little harsher punishment in my opinion).

BTW, Why don't many accused priest go to court?
I rarely hear of them going to civil or criminal court....
do they have immunity or something? Thats just wrong!!!

[edit on 25/4/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I am surprised they didnt elect Michael Jackson as the new pope DOH!

I feel sorry for Catholics that have to put up with sico's in their church. I think they should simply put a time limit on how long you can be a priest heh. I have no doubt they would prefer to have kept this secret. It is sickening and scary as heck. It is an unforgivable sin in my book. Thank goodness for them it is not for Christ..

X

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by XevenI feel sorry for Catholics that have to put up with sico's in their church.

I always thought that many of the men who become priests, rabbis etc (and are later accused of pedopholia) do so thinking that their god can heal them of the sin. So, a pedophole becomes a priest with the hopes that the church can rid him of the desires he is having. Best laid plans etc

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join