It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Seeing a Problem With This Photo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This photo was supposedly taken between 1950 and 1970 showing two USAF produced flying saucers.

For all you fighter enthusiast and aircraft 'freaks'....see a problem here?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
its obvious it has been Photoshopped, just look at the shadow under the saucer and besides if they had that saucer they would be using it already.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
isn't that from a movie?? i have seen that before, but i can't seem to place it.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There a loads of older photo's that have been photoshopped. Some for preservation purposes, others for other known and unknown reasons, correct?

Some of us are also aware that the USAF has toyed with saucer designs in the past and have never "used" them.
Example of a simplistic version was the Avrocar:

Also, in viewing some topics in the UFO forum in the past, there have been rumors that some UFO sightings may have been government projects and crafts. The Government Facilities forum discusses Area-51 and Skunkworks as possible culprits.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't know.. kinda looks fake.. here is a bit better view of the image.. check out the guy with gumby legs..

And these:

You can find much more info at this site...

www.usafflyingsaucers.com...

Are they real??

You tell me!!

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr.
I knew I should have excluded other MODS from this!

The photo is fake.

Here is the actual photo:

More can be read here:
Fake Flying Saucers

The research began because of this:

I have a scanned photo of two USAF flying saucer craft that were built and flown about 1950s through the late 1970s. I have no knowledge of the origin of the picture except that it appeared in a retiree association newsletter. The person who furnished the picture did not know who built the vehicles.
- Art Moss

Nice job guys. Can't get anything by us folks at ATS, eh?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
From the site linked in my above post:

In regards to the specific performance of these aircraft, Jack was told directly by the O.I.C. that "we could fly so fast as to attain sufficient altitude to be classified as achieving space flight". This is consistent with the official USAF classification that space flight begins at an altitude of 50 miles, or approximately 265,000 feet. For Jack's article, the O.I.C. told him that he could state that these aircraft could "exceed mach 1", a very conservative under-statement to say the least. Jack inquired how these aircraft could avoid burning up while descending from such high altitudes. He was told that during re-entry these aircraft "skip" across the upper portion of the atmosphere, thereby slowing down and dissipating the extreme heat (similar to a flat rock when thrown across a body of water). Jack was also told by the O.I.C. that "had we had different power source engines, we could have gone into orbit" (orbital flight requires 17,500 mph, 25,000 to reach the moon and planets).

No way!!!

Or can it be???

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
That's the wrong font for the words "Top Secret" Stamped across the more detailed hoax.

Boith SECRET and TOP SECRET legends, for instance, are always (see NISPOM) rendered in block all caps.

I have seen the Confidential legend both init caps and all caps, but whether SECRET NOFORN or Confidential NOFORN, the "no foreigners" appelation is always all block caps.

I have never seen a SCI legend -- and I'm sure I never will -- but I wouldn't doubt that it's block caps as well.

So we already know that the TOP SECRET legend markup is a hoax.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Way to keep us in check you 'old geezer' you Off_The_Street.

We'll come looking for you next time we need a "block[ed] [in] all caps" TOP SECRET rendering done, damnit.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hey this was fun.. can we do it again with another aircraft??

Good one Seekerof!!

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I’ll tell ya that image is fairly impressive. The shadow and contour is awesome.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yeah, well, we'll see, UM_Gazz.
Between you and OTS, can't get away with much crap and fun.

Really just trying to get people more interested in other areas and forums of ATS then simply arguing politics.

seekerof

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I’ll tell ya that image is fairly impressive. The shadow and contour is awesome.

indeed, someone has some l33t photshop skillz

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The U.S. actually did spark a big controversy about UFOs in one of the Middle Eastern countries recently, from saucer-shaped UAVs flying around observing.

This also happened some years ago in Russia, when the Russian military was testing saucer-shaped flying aircraft (radio-controlled ones). People thought they were being spied by UFOs.

join