It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason 'closed shop' blocked me, says barrister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
"Freemason 'closed shop' blocked me, says barrister Aug 20 2003

Martin Shipton, The Western Mail

A BARRISTER claims his application to become a judge has been turned down because he is not a freemason.

Roger Everest says he was told 30 years ago that he would never get on in the legal profession after turning down an invitation to join the Dinas Llandaff lodge of the Freemasons in Cardiff.

Last week the 64-year-old was informed by the director of judicial appointments at the Department for Constitutional Affairs that he was not being appointed a circuit judge.

Earlier this year Mr Everest, who practises from chambers at Pontyclun near Cardiff, had a claim that his career had been blighted by his non-membership of the freemasons rejected by the European Court of Human Rights.

Yesterday he said, "The judiciary in South Wales is a closed shop which I believe excludes ethnic minorities, women and men who are not part of a masonic network."

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Roger Everest says he was told 30 years ago that he would never get on in the legal profession after turning down an invitation to join the Dinas Llandaff lodge of the Freemasons in Cardiff.

That is a flat-out lie because no person would ever be invited to join a lodge. Plain and simple, you have to ask to become a member.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Take any Catholic you want and ask them if they know the entire catholic church. Could that person say priest do not abuse children? No one person can know the truth about all of the catholic church, its impossible. And the same for masonry, no one person can know the entire truth, or, they are a lier!!!!

Unless you were there, and whitnessed the events, you dont know JACK!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If no one person can know the truth about the whole of the church, then how can one know the whole truth about masonry?

If extenstion from a particular to a general doesn't apply, then what is the import of your opening post?

Do you suggest that that " the Dinas Llandaff lodge of the Freemasons in Cardiff"" are the guys that run the world? That they exert control overr the Brittish legal sytstem?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I do not contend anything of the sort. My contention is that any, and I do mean, ANY, organisation that takes a oath to the death, whether or not symbolic or otherwise, should be allowed to hold a position of public trust. And many other people are coming to the same conclution.

I also do not agree with the catholic church's policy to keep pedifile preist's under raps.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I do not contend anything of the sort. My contention is that any, and I do mean, ANY, organisation that takes a oath to the death, whether or not symbolic or otherwise, should be allowed to hold a position of public trust. And many other people are coming to the same conclution.

I also do not agree with the catholic church's policy to keep pedifile preist's under raps.

First off, the only oath that masons take is to keep the lessons and passwords of masonry secret. There is no possible way that this can intrude with someone's position in public office.

Secondly, just because a few catholic priests molested some children does not mean that "The Catholic Church molests children". Just like in the church, masons are an organization of humans and there are always bad apples in every group. But as long as those bad apples are identified and removed, you cannot blame the organization as a whole (even though I'm sure you would just LOVE to be able to, eh ASE?).

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Sebatwerk, is that symbol minus the g and the flames, red lines surrounding it, and that book, the symbol for the freemasons? Normaly I dont read any of these threads about the illuminati or freemasons but happend to glance at this and your avatar minus what i stated above was on a building in Claremore, OK.. It definately caught my attention.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ironicaly, its now a quilt shop.. hmm.. Its definately an old building but that symbol is still there right at the top corner piece of the building.

P.S. Edited this to state that I did finaly google image results for freemason. I also thought about it for a while and I do believe there was a G right in the middle of the symbol.. I'll confirm that tommorrow. Regardless, that building I pass every day while driveing to work with that symbol above it is definately a freemason symbol.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by madmangunradio]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I do not contend anything of the sort. My contention is that any, and I do mean, ANY, organisation that takes a oath to the death, whether or not symbolic or otherwise, should be allowed to hold a position of public trust.

Perhaps lawyers are different in England, but they are not generally part of the public trust no? This group is a group of lawyers, not the people controlling judgeships no? Or have I misunderstood?
Also, as pointed out, why would masons be opposed to this guy? He's not a mason. He didn't reveal any secrets. Are you suggesting that there are no non-masons in that 'jurisdiction' or what no?

madmangunradio,

It'd be awesome if you could get a pic of the symbol. Not necessarily the whole building, I'd hate to think that someone would see it and take out some sort of 'revenge' on the building, but perhaps a close-up of the symbol?With a digital camera so you don't have to develop any film or anything like that. It'd be edifying and interesting I think, if not to a great degree.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmangunradio
Sebatwerk, is that symbol minus the g and the flames, red lines surrounding it, and that book, the symbol for the freemasons? Normaly I dont read any of these threads about the illuminati or freemasons but happend to glance at this and your avatar minus what i stated above was on a building in Claremore, OK.. It definately caught my attention.

Yes, what you are describing is the main symbol of Freemasonry. It consist of a Compass, a Square, and a "G" in the middle. In Europe, many masonic organizations do not include a "G". That is a predominately American detail.

My avatar is a little modified, but I like it

The building you described probably used to be a Masonic lodge a long time ago, and is now a mini-mall or whatever. If you actually pay attention, you can find masonic lodges in pretty much every town you go to. I never realized how many there were until I became aware of what they were.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Can you tell me what the "G" means? The closest lodge here is in Georgetown, I thought that the G was for the town. Is is significant otherwise?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Can you tell me what the "G" means? The closest lodge here is in Georgetown, I thought that the G was for the town. Is is significant otherwise?

Yes, the "G" is explained in the second, or Fellowcraft degree. It stands for Geometry, which fellowcraft masons are taught is the most important of the seven sciences. It is also explained as standing for "God", but I think that is a purely English/ American thing.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thanks sebatwerk. Wow, is this "secret" info?

Sarcasm definately intended.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

There you go being mysterious again!

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

[sarcasm]

And now we'll have to explode your toilet mwahahaha

[/sarcasm]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   

He lost the case at the Court of Appeal, was refused permission to take it to the House of Lords, and eventually went to the European Court of Human Rights, claiming he had been discriminated against because he was not a Freemason.

www.aberdareonline.co.uk...

Now there's a first for me... Discriminated against becasue he's NOT a Freemason... Some people just can't accept responsibility for their own lives. It's sad.

I bet that's why his case was thrown out of court, too. Damned dirty Freemasons...

[edit on 4/25/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Yes Axeman, and you thought paranoia reached a peak with McCarthyism in the US

My contention is that any, and I do mean, ANY, organisation that takes a oath to the death, whether or not symbolic or otherwise, should be allowed to hold a position of public trust.

What oath to the death? How many times do I have to debunk this nonsense? You constantly repeat this accusation despite it having been disproved.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I put it to you that freemasons are the best kind of people to take public office as they are specifically taught and expected to obey the law of the land. According to you they get murdered if they don't

top topics

join