It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS publication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ATS is a rather well known web site with some well educated members and the rest just educated.
But, I was wondering has anyone here tried to take some of the theories, thoughts, and debates here on ATS and tried to translate them into a book. I mean, the Secret Societies forum alone seems to have a great deal of information on their topics with some very interesting ideas and conspiracies. If these people were able to get together something surely could come out of this. Oh well, just giving out my idea.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If one were writing a book on a conspiricy then this would be THE place to do research. True, the writer would have to weed thru allot of crazy stuff and bad links, but the good stuff that is listed on the site far outweighs the bad.

As for taking the information here and deciding to write a book about it, that would be up to the writers Muses. There is plenty of information, but without inspiration it remains just information.

Are you being inspired Frosty? Everyone has a book hidden within their heart, so now i'm wondering if yours is finding a place to make a stand. Enquiring minds want to know.

Love and light my friend,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It is something I have pondered upon as of late. Though I am more interested in getting moderator feed back at the moment. I'd first like to obtain permission from the owner and operators and then possibley the members themselves if felt necessary by the former. What I would like to do is author the book but with a debate style prose in which a fewly elected/selected members give their varying opinions, facts, and view points, which could be based upon accumulative thoughts and ideas or just their own. I haven't yet spoken to an editor or publishing company, as I was expecting more feedback to fuel my interest though I guess it wouldn't hurt.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Publishing in the form of a book based on ATS material (posts, articles, specially developed new stuff) was floated as a concept, assigned to a committee and ultimately abandoned (perhaps wisely) as non-feasible.

It's a minefield of copyright issues and identifying a real target market for the publication is difficult, unless it's a vanity press publication for exisiting members.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Copywrite seems simple...everything posted on ATS belongs to Grey. Which is why you should never ever break a story on here.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
Copywrite seems simple...everything posted on ATS belongs to Grey. Which is why you should never ever break a story on here.

That just means don't put anything on ATS that would be a potential moneymaker, or that you'd like to own exclusively, i.e. your plans for a patent.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
i am currently researching for a book that i am going to write about the new world order
i just need the time to write it, thats all

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Copywrite seems simple...

The word is copyright... and your "seems" is good... but in the world of intellectual property things are rarely as simple as they "seem".

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I for one think this would be a wonderful idea, whether it's been discussed before and dropped or not. As far as copyrights go, there is the problem of making sure that all findings are traced to the original sources and due credit is given (as well as permission obtained as necessary.)

I'm frankly surprised that it took me so long to find ATS; why isn't there more publicity, like public interviews or something? I mean, there is a vast wealth of information here, and the theme of the site isn't "Take this and believe it" but "Take this and form your own, educated opinion." Hell, even a magazine or newsletter or something like that would be great. I'd subscribe.

(Okay, that last paragraph was a little off topic, but it's something I've been meaning to say for a while now
)

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Maybe we could just put out a newspaper, even though it will probably end up on the magazine rack right next to Weekly World News and the Inquirer. I like the idea.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Copywrite seems simple...

The word is copyright... and your "seems" is good... but in the world of intellectual property things are rarely as simple as they "seem".

Thanks for the correction...I wrote it when I was tired.

Would you like a 5000 word apology about it?

Or is there something else you would like to nitpick?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'll take the 5000 word apology, thanks!

But when you write it and post it, be aware that you continue to have the moral right as author to claim your ownership of it.

These are issues not so well understood.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Actually, that is not true. You still hold the copyright to whatever it is you put out, but Simon Grey gets non-exclusive rights to use it as he see's fit. If he uses it you still have to be properly credited as the author.

In other words, the work is still yours and if anyone hijacks it you do have legal rights in the matter. Simon Grey can use it any way he wants though. Here's the rule on the subject:

18.) By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyright privileges to the material you post and you grant me non-exclusive rights to publish your posts in digital form, hard copy, book, magazine or other publishing medium in perpetuity. I and the staff of AboveTopSecret.com have the authority to decide to display your postings or not, at our discretion.

I also read that according to the revision of the copyright laws of 1996 the moment you put something out there, it is copyrighted and yours. You don't even have to register it anywhere.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Interesting. The way I read it, Grey owns all. Oh well.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Simon Ownz me...I don't mind as long as mass money isn't made off my work that doesn't filter royalties through to myself and my kids.

And besides, my copyrighted work that I posted here didn't even rate a reply comment from anyone..... so i don't see the wider audience catching the meaning of it if no one can around here.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Publishing the thoughts of others is one thing, but publishing your own especially when it can be supported by your "thoughts" in your own posts and proof of your identity as registered on the site, is quite another. The copyright on the former is a problem, the latter belongs strictly to the composer, despite claims otherwise.

top topics

join