It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colposcopy, should i be ready for pain!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I have one on Thursday and i can say i am pretty scared....
Should i be?

SarahC

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
do you mean colonoscopy?

I had one done about 3 weeks ago it took the better part of the afternoon.
I felt no pain or discomfort afterwords, but I was sedated for the procedure. A female friend of mine had one done 4 days ago and she told me she had a sore butt afterwards, she was not sedated. Not all hospitals put you out, well here in Canada anyway. So I think it's up to the individual (IMO) and I give you my word there is nothing to be afraid of.

What You Need To Know About The Colonoscopy Procedure

[edit on 24/4/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The only painful part is the gallon of crud you drink the night before. I suggest lemon lime.

You'll most likely be knocked out for procedure. Have a ride bring you.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
hi Sarah -- no -- it's not too bad -- it takes some time and is boring -- I always said they should have a tv on the ceiling to watch -- I had a reaction to the solution they use but when they were done they flushed me out good and it was ok -- the only thing is -- if you have a man GYN and he says that if they do a biopsy of the cervix he might say you won't feel it at all -- you do feel it but it isn't bad -- I let out a yelp and let him know what I thought about his feeling nothing but it wasn't much worse than a good cramp.

Good Luck -- but don't worry too much over it. I have had a bunch of them done. Have some precancerous things to keep an eye on. :shk: Let me know how you make out k?

jm

BTW it is a Colposcopy, guys and you don't have to worry about THIS one

[edit on 25-4-2005 by justme1640]

[edit on 25-4-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
BTW it is a Colposcopy, guys and you don't have to worry about THIS one

oups

good luck Sarah take a book

[edit on 25/4/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Thanks JM....

You've made me slightly less scared!
Does it take long?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think it was about 20 min. to 30 min. I think everyone is different. Like I said I have quite a few spots they are tracking so it might take me longer. Also don't worry about the solution causing problems for you -- apparently I am one of the very very few it bothers.

jm

top topics

join