It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs seen in plain sight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Greetings, recently I have seen two orbs around myself. Neither I had video taped or photographed, but had been seen with my own eyes. I personally don't know what to make of this. One orb I saw outside at night, about 11-ish. I was taking out the trash and I saw the first orb. I only saw it for a few seconds, it moved from about the top of the tree I saw behind it to about the leaf line before vanishing. The second I saw the same night about a half hour later in my livingroom. This was more out of the corner of my eye then the other one and it followed the same general movement, although in a shorter distance. Anyone know what to make of this?

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm not really sure, but it sounds like bad eyes. Would you happen to have any problems with your eyes? I am not completely thinking there might be something wrong with them, but it could be just that you are seeing rods.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well, other then the orbs/rods theory another possibility comes to mind. I am near sighted and I wear glasses. Recently I got a new pair with the transition features (the kind that turn dark in bright light). I had at first thought this the case, but during similar nights I didn't see the orbs. So either it was a one time deal with the glasses, I was seeing something or it was my imagination. I was hoping to see if anyone had any similair incidents.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
An ex-girlfriend of mine once told me a story her mother (a native of the phillipines) once told her.

Her mother said:

One night when I was young and still lived in the phillipines, we were out walking along a river near the forest, your grandmother and I. It was fairly late in the evening and we were a good distance from our house when I saw three balls of blueish white light about half a foot across weaving around the treetops together. I stopped, pointed and asked your grandmother "what are those?". She grabbed my hand fiercely, turned my head away and said "You must NEVER look at them". When I asked her, she refused to tell me why. She picked me up and walked very fast with me in her arms back to our house. Safely away from harm, she then explained.

How it was explained to me was that the lights were evil spirits or some kind of deamon, thought in the Phillipines to be responsible for killing those who wandered into the forest at night, and even stealing people out of their homes while they slept. The bodies of those killed by the lights were found badly burned and with an expression of extreme pain frozen on their faces. I can't remember what she called them though (it was some colplicated Philipino sounding name).

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Back in 1975 My Brother, My newly wed wife, and a friend of ours climbed into a volkswagon beetle and headed for Kountze, at that time we all lived in Groves, Tx (Next to Port Arthur, Southeast on the Gulf Coast) It only took about 45 min. to get there. It was dark night around Oct-Nov. My brother had been before and convinced us to go along (I would not believe him) we drove the car off of the state highway onto a dirt road. When we first got there it was dusk and so we could still see the dirt road and the tall overhanging trees. We drove down the road until we could not see or hear the highway noise, from were we came.

We parked the car and waited for the darkness. It seemed to take hours (1-2) I had suggested that we should turn our headlights on because it was so dark, but my brother said that the light would keep the "Bragg Light" from appearing.

Just then my brother shouted "look down there, there it is" . At first I could not make it out, Then I saw a small yellow light that seemed to be about a half mile or more away. The more we stared at it the brighter and closer it came. Then suddenly the color changed to amber and the light started moving from side to side . Thinking that this could be a hoax and it was either a friend of my brother's or a nearby farmer that did not like people there, I suggest that we put the car in drive and move forward, to see if we could run down whoever was carrying the light. But the more we moved the light moved back at an equal distance. So we stopped the car mainly in fear that we might run into a tree or some other obstacle (since we didn't have our lights on) The light resumed its oncoming movement until it got to be about 50 yards in front of us.

My wife at this time was really scared. I got out of the car along with my brother suddenly the light stopped moving it turned white and was about the diameter of a bowling ball then it stopped in front of our car about 25 yards and shot up towards the sky.

This experience has made me a believer in strange (or natural) things. I've heard scientist explain it away as being swamp gas. That may be true , but it was still entertaining.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I live right down the street from a cementary, my friend was with me and i wanted to go smoke a joint. He dosent smoke but he still walked through the cemetary with me while i did. Afterwards he says "lets go to the corner store for drinks" and he starts cutting through the feild with the graves, as we're walking i we get to a dimly lit area and i say "this areas lit", and hes like "what the hell was that!?"
me "what?"
"isnt that what you were just talking about, i know you saw it"

he was being totally serious, i asked him what he saw and he said he saw an orb shoot into the ground and vanish.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Gladius,
I've seen nightshot infrared footage of orbs "diving" into graves and such.

Personally, I've never seen an orb with my naked eye. I do have a few pictures of orbs. Here is a link to some:

Orbs

new topics

top topics

join