It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Runaway clock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
A student at MIT invented a new alarm clock on wheels that rolls away and hides when it's time to wake up.

www.thecouriermail.news.com.au...

A 25-year-old student in the US has invented a revolutionary alarm clock that makes sleepyheads find it before they can shut it up.

Designed to overcome abuse of the snooze feature on most alarm clocks, Gauri Nanda's "Clocky" falls to the floor and rolls away on the first push of the snooze button.

To turn it off, a person must get out of bed and find it.

The clock features two rubber wheels and is covered in thick, 1970s-style shag carpet and other material to cushion it when it tumbles to the floor.

A built-in computer chip randomly decides how far the clock will roll, so it stops in a different place each morning.

Damn it...I might have lost my last excuse to sleep in till late

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I definately need one of those! I get up usually at about 7:00 for school, and my bus comes at quarter to 6.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
LOL thats great!!!

every one needs one of them lol a run a way alarm clock Amazing!!! lol

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thats great. People diein of aids and they spend all their time on this:shk:

lol okay this is funny I would definately need one of those I usually get up like 10 minutes befor school starts

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here is a photo.....
i.cnn.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I wonder how do you see the time?

And what happens if you get a flat tire

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quake
Here is a photo.....
i.cnn.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I wonder how do you see the time?

And what happens if you get a flat tire

Is it just me or does that thing look like a piece of #? Image someone walking into the room and seeing you chase after that

[edit on 4/25/2005 by Croat56]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I could do with one of those. I set my alarm for about 40 minutes before I have to get up, and try to trick myself by setting it about 20 minutes fast (which never fools me by the way) and I still find myself late getting up. My hand automatically presses the snooze button the first three times without me even waking up!

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
I could do with one of those. I set my alarm for about 40 minutes before I have to get up, and try to trick myself by setting it about 20 minutes fast (which never fools me by the way) and I still find myself late getting up. My hand automatically presses the snooze button the first three times without me even waking up!

Pantha that's the exact same with me! Except I'm dumb enough not to notice that I set it fast until about the 3rd day.

new topics

top topics

join