It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

finding friends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Hi everyone! I am from China. I was born in China thirty years ago. Now I am living in ShangHai. As you see, my English is very poor, but I have been learning English for a long time though. I do think this is not important to be a block that stop to us become friends.
Curiosty which atract us to here, which also is a gist of this website I guess. So you can see I have joined discussion in the ATS aircraft board and "aircraft quiz" which by Waynos in other place.
The object which I am interested in, is do not limited in aircraft only. I am interested in many subjects which includs military, political economics, history, geography and so on. Don't see me as an adoult, you may could see me as a child though I am thirty, because of the language, I am really not good at English.
Although, all the subject I have said, is really serious topic, jet we also could talk about culture of some countries like China which is my country. I am do familiar with it more than you, if you are a foreigner and want to make a travle in our country, I am going to say welcome. If you will be a tourist coming Shang Hai, I wish become your company. This's a my E-mail [email protected].
Fortrunately, English is a open language, otherwise I would don't know what you can understand isn't it?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Emile,
I think your English is quite good, better than some born and raised in America

I'm sure you will find a lot of topics to interet you, this place is huge.

Here
is a hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have about stuff on ATS

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me, or any other staff member.

Also, for avatar info, here are kinglizard's avatar instructions and a reminder to all ATS members.

Also, here's a great link to help you organize your favorite forums. It will also keep threads you post in as favorites: www.abovetopsecret.com...
This link is also up at the top as myATS

And, don't forget to check out PTS and BTS. You can log in to these other two forums with your ATS login information.

Have a good time here

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
hey there emile im russiankid nice to meet u and welecome to ATS im kinda new here but eh who care im originaly from russia a place called khobarovsk its next to the border with china
enjoy ATS

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Good to have you around,

If you feel you have any questions visit my thread
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....this is Zedds great link book for ATS use
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Your english looks and reads great emile!
As good as most Americans and I know, because I am an American. I am in Utah, U S A.

This is a great INTERNATIONAL site!
We have a few Chinese members and it's GREAT to have another one!
YEY for China ATS members!

Glad you decided to join us all!

Let me know if I can help you with anything concerning the site!
Asala's links are awsome........check them out!

ENJOY!

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Welcome to the forums Emile. I've only been in china once and that was in Hong Kong. Beautiful city though. There is plenty of topics to look around in I'm sure you'll get the hang of it rather quickly

-Aza

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hi Emile,
Im new here too! The main interest I found besides the curiosity I had like you, for the discussions and information here, was the cultural diversity of the ATS community.

I agree with DontTreadOnMe and theRiverGoddess your english is good.

Enjoy & Welcome

Elf

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hello Emile,
It's great to have someone here from China! Nice to have your point of view on things. And don't worry about you're "not speaking English well." You are doing fine.

I am the Council Representative for PTS (Politix at ATS). If I can ever help you with anything, send me a u2u.

Have fun!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Welcome emile.

We're getting quite a few ATSers from China especially within the last year.

This is all for the good. China's importance in the world is growing quickly in every field from technology to defence, economically to trade.

Yours views will be valued here.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hey welcome. Your post reminded me of some of those "poetic" spam emails I some times get.

Hello world! The influential man is the successful man, whether he be rich or poor.,

The world is all gates, all opportunities, strings of tension waiting to be struck,

Young men and young women meet each other with much less difficulty than was formerly the case, and every housemaid expects at least once a week as much excitement as would have lasted a Jane Austen heroine throughout a whole novel,

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy the place and get a chance to do some posting.

top topics

join