It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are religious devotees so concerned with Evolution?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, since some have already hit on some key points, I won't repeat what they said. But, I have a couple of interesting things to add...

Consider the snake. If you're Christian, this animal is especially important. Can any evolution opponent tell me why snakes came from lizards? That right there kills the "after it's own kind" thing. Yes, snakes once had legs, look at a large constrictor like the python. And before you say that losing your legs doesn't make sense,

1) Look at cetaceans, the extreme version of water mammals, and pinnipeds like seals and sea lions.

2) Consider that we have legless lizards today (that are not snakes).

Now, I believe in God, but I don't believe in the creation story of the Bible. It has WAY too many holes; this makes me wonder why more people don't attack the validity of the Bible. And, I don't think that belief in science and religion must be exclusive.

One question I have for the evolution foes; if evolution is wrong (for argument's sake) and religion is right, how do YOU know which religion is right? That opens up another big can of worms, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
To answer your last question about which one is right, take a look at their origin stories.

Also, if you would like to discuss the long ages that evolution depend on, I can show you that the long dates are undependable. Look at my thread in the science and Tech section on BTS. Its pretty much over now so you shouldnt have too many questions.
If you do however, Ill be glad to answer

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join