It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XBOX 360 picture leaked!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS:

originally posted on bink.nu
A new image of Microsoft’s Xbox 360 has surfaced on web forums this evening, where it is believed an industry insider leaked the image.

Sources we spoke to who have already seen the hardware themselves confirmed that this image - despite being a render rather than a photo - is indeed the official finalised design of Xbox 360.

(More in this article... click bink.nu link above.)

CONTINUE AT SOURCE: gamesradar.msn.co.uk...

Image 1: gamesradar.msn.co.uk...
Image 2: gamesradar.msn.co.uk...

To me, it looks somewhat fake. Something just doesn't seem right with the picture. Whether or not it IS fake is to be seen, but DARN, it looks pretty! Sorta looks like a Mac if you ask me. The other pic on the msn.co.uk link seems much more real to me, though. Although that could possibly be rendered as well.

This is a hot story right now... with the coming of the XBOX 360 preview on MTV in May.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 4/23/05 by prophetmike]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
niiice find...

looks cool and YES "wierd"...

maybe its fake...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Given Microsoft's ability to reign in their products and keep them under wraps until release, its entirely likely this could be a legit picture. The problem that makes me think its not lies in the Memory Unit slots, which seems like a step backwards for the Xbox platform given the current systems utilization of a hard drive to store game saves and such, versus the PS2 which is still using antiquated memory cards that often dont have enough space on them for some of todays more demanding games.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I think its a fake, oh and where do the controllers slot in?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
I think its a fake, oh and where do the controllers slot in?

Either the controllers are entirely wireless (hence the IR port on front)... but it'd be a long stretch to fit different controller recievers in one port.

What could be more likely is that slot on the right side... maybe the controllers are of a micro-USB type interface and fit into ports under that flap perhaps?

I've read nothing on how the controllers will work, and all of the above are pure speculation.

It'll be interesting to see what more Microsoft will say or independent news agencies will say about the XBOX 360.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I believe this is just a concept model, I had heard that M$ had made quite a few of these and they plan on releasing multiple platforms of thier nextgen system. Or was that Sony that was planning on doing that I forget. Whatever Consoles suck big time, comps are much better and I will not be wasting my money on the "Next Gen" Game consoles....

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i think this is a fake,
it looks legit, but microsoft tend to keep everything secret. I doubt this one thing has leaked. Im going with a fake.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
i think this is a fake,
it looks legit, but microsoft tend to keep everything secret. I doubt this one thing has leaked. Im going with a fake.

That's currently my stance, too. But remember the leaking of the Windows 2000 code? Even though that took place long after the release of Windows 2000, it was one of the few times something has been leaked from Microsoft.

If you all are wondering... yes, I AM a Microsoft fanboy (hence the XP avatar), and yes.. I will most likely buy Longhorn when it is released. But this isn't the forum for that... U2U me if you'd like to chat about that.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

new topics

top topics

join