It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps Chat is Down Again?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I simply cannot connect to chat. I'm just wondering if chat is actually down or if its my computer?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm on it now along with many others.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
its ok for me... we are in there at the moment

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I simply cannot connect to chat. I'm just wondering if chat is actually down or if its my computer?

Chat's fine. I'm in there now. I guess nobody wants to talk to you is all

Just ribbin' ya, obviously. I can't imagine what the problem would be with your computer that would cause that, but I'm no Skeptic Overlord... barely even underlord material really.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Jam, I can't get in it either. I was in it lastnight and it closed down and kicked me out. I haven't been able to get back in. So your not alone. I'm glad it's not only me LOL.

I've tried everything I could think of from my side and nothing worked, so it is ATS chat.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
have you tryed deleting cookies and stuff?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yes Asala, I tried that a few times, plus updating flash and all. I was in chat and it kicked me out, refused connection. After SO fixed the problem with it not allowing members saying they didn't have enough posts. There was another problem, I believe it is the same thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Just tried that Asala. In Windows, the "Connecting..." screen just stays there. In Linux, I can't load the appropriate skin and my browser freezes up.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thats the same thing it does to me. Loads up to the point of connecting the server, after a few minutes the retry window comes up.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Have you tried another browser? Maybe Opera?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Maybe there is a problem with new people connecting, can anyone actually make a new connection?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Are you accessing it from ATS, or BTS/PTS? It only works from ATS.

If that doesn't work, and (as Asala stated) killing the cookies doesn't work, try reinstalling flash.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I did all that, nothing worked

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
For the record, I could not get in suing FireFox, but I am currently logged into chat using Opera. Can you switch browsers?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm using IE 6, there should be no problem with that browser.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I tried Firefox, Interet Eplorer, Opera (which I think is the same as IE anyway), and Netscape, none work. I even tried turning off the firewall on my router...nothing.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I'm using IE 6, there should be no problem with that browser.

Does anybody else notice anything wrong about this statement?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
LOL the point is, I have been using that browser for years and have been using the chatroom. It should be working.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You need to scarafice two goats, a chicken and an administrater to get chat to work.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well, since two of you are experiencing the same problem, logic would indicate thatthe problem is with ATS and not your own computers. Try again tomorrow maybe, and see if the problem has fixed itself.

...or sacrifice two goats, a chicken and an administrator.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join