It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of Religious Disinformation

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
*applause* for madman, keybored, and lightseeker

The things you said I can only echo.

posted by keybored
Clever deception, but then, we are playing the devils game.

Now that's a big hunk of meat to chew on.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
(2 Thessalonians 2:11)

First line of attack seems to be through religion disguised as 'truth'.
For those who reject that or are disillusioned, there is a myriad of options available, many of which are new age counterfeits and some of which are just old fashioned paganism. Or one can deny God altogether and declare atheism.

In all cases, the choices made by that highly-prized 'free will' all lead to the same end, anyway, and it's the left fork in the road, not the one on the right. Either way, all the people of the world who either love God or hate God but who do not know He is real, have been led astray by the enemy.

This is a fact: real and true in the present moment--the 'image of the beast' has already been worshipped by most of the world. Revelation chapter 13 is not forthcoming--it is happening right now. The RFID chip is not a big concern, compared to what's really going on.

Of course, no one ever listens when I say that.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Not only am I in total agrrement...

You have voted lightseeker for the Way Above Top Secret award.

It is above the norm since it was written by non-believers who had converted to the truth.
KUDO's

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

ive said personally id rather go to hell. there's going to be billions there anyways so its not like im gonna be alone. who cares?

Well, I care, God certainly cares, the devil cares, Christians as a whole care..
Belief doesn't cost you anything btw, other than a better feeling about yourself, a hope for the future, assurance of a better place, and a strength to see you through the coming times.
Deny if you will, its your choice and the message has been given .

I'd also like to commend all the posters who devoutly stand up for their beliefs in the face of mounting adversity. In this regard, atheists have to ask themselves why we would do so and subject ourselves to it all in the first place... I'll tell you why... I do it for Jesus, its the least I can do for Him.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

This is a fact: real and true in the present moment--the 'image of the beast' has already been worshipped by most of the world. Revelation chapter 13 is not forthcoming--it is happening right now. The RFID chip is not a big concern, compared to what's really going on.

Of course, no one ever listens when I say that.

You had me all the way to the last paragraph, Annie, but you're going to have to help me out with that last claim; although, I can agree with you in the abstract - the power behind the Beast has been worshipped, in the form of power, money and self-deceit - I'll need some more back-up from you, as far as the prophecy about the Beast, being fulfilled.

Other than that, though, you are right on.! Thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
(Genesis 4:15)

Most people equate this mark with God somehow protecting Cain, from death. Looking at it from a fleshly perspective it would seem so. But there are more important spiritual undertones in the beginning of Genesis as well in Revelation, and the two books are incomplete with each other. These are spiritual lessons, after their initial teaching is absorbed. Adam and Eve died spiritually the day of the first disobedience. And truly, none of us has any hope at all to ever see God--even with Christ's sacrifice--if we don't die to the flesh (which we must do twice, first in baptism then literally). It makes sense if we must be born twice we must die twice.

Now, consider the grudge that caused Cain to kill Abel--why did God reject Cain's sacrifice?

Because it was not an offering that God wanted--it was not something with blood in it, it was something grown out of the grown. Without getting too deep into that concept, suffice it to say that Cain took it upon himself to worship God in the way Cain thought was right--not in the way God demanded. We must worship God according to His specifications, not our own.

This was the beginning of 'religion'--not true worship but religion. Even in the days of the tabernacle in the wilderness, there was a differentiation between what the children of Israel thought was okay and what God approved. The best example is in the case of Aaron's nephews (?) who brought 'strange fire' to the Altar. They were immediately roasted by the 'familar' fire (so to speak) of God. He said no strange fire. But they took it upon themselves, for whatever reason, to bring some anyway.

God just didn't punish them for disobedience--He was not unmerciful. But just like a father with small children, He has explicit reasons for instructing as He does--and the fact that this world has been under the rule of the rebellious ones of heaven since the days of the garden, to worship other than God tells us is to be idolatrous. Even if we don't know we are worshipping something beside God. All pagan religions and demi-gods are manifestations and representations of those who rebelled. And so to worship them, either intentionally or in ignorance is actually straight up treason, when you think about it. He's told us what we need to know, and the safeguards against idolatry are built into the ten commandments, as well.

So take the case of modern catholicism (which is the mother of modern orgainized christianity whether we admit it or not). No matter how many times a person says that Mary is the 'mother of god', she is still Isis or Ashtarte, and an icon is a graven image regardless of how anyone tries to justify it.

But all of organized religion (not all who still follow it, but the institutions and dogma they are built upon) has, at it roots, some definition made by man regarding God's nature. What comes to my mind is the creeds. They define how we should think of God. That's man making god!

When man makes God, he makes him how he thinks he should be not how he is. We cannot define God. And when we try we are creating a god in our image (a reflection of our own natures). And if you've ever read Ecclesiastes, you know that 'all men are beasts' and beasts, actually, in the archaic use, meant simply living creature.

Religion is, as a whole, the worship of an image that is not god but is in fact, made in the image of man, who is a beast.

It's bigger and more spread out than just capitalism and greed--and capitalism and greed are not a strong delusion to most who love God--but the true nature of Him is often hidden even to those who seek Him, at first, and so by following what men say, even 'religious' men, we are not trusting in God and so are easily misled into confusing that which we make with He who made us.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join